suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any The Secrets of Arcelia Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by suddensam on Aug 28, 11 5:54 PM
I am also experiencing the game hanging up when I opening the journal. So then I quit the game and opened it again and I could move the cursor but not able to click on anything, so I gave up. Hate it when a game is new and it still has so many problems. Take it back and don't bring it back until it is right.

melmal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by melmal on Aug 29, 11 2:14 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm having tech issues also. My problem is different then the others I've read. I'm playing the game with no problems until I check my game journel. The game freezes and then an error message comes up and the game shuts down.

I had the same problem. After the game froze and I restarted it, my movement cursors had disappeared so I was stuck in one place, unable to proceed in the game. It seemed like a good game and I would have bought it to get a sixth punch on my card, but not if I can't play it!

ettapat
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ettapat on Aug 29, 11 3:57 AM
What is a Skeleton Application? Whatever it is, it keeps stopping my game and I haven no idea how to fix it.

I have the same problems as the others, game freezes if I try to access the journal. Have to play in small screen otherwise can't read the instructions on top of screen. I don't want to play in a tiny screen. I've never had any problems before now.
Does anyone have a solution?
I bought this game and wish I hadn't, I like it and would love to finish it. Can I get my money back?
ettapat

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Aug 29, 11 6:08 AM
I virtually never have a problem downloading, installing, or running the games, and I didn't this time either. But sometimes, I encounter some bugs during the game.

This is what I encountered in Chapter 2 (The 2nd Pearl). I put the bag of stones on the pedestal in the marketplace, but when I click on it, the mini-game doesn't open. Also, when I click on the well, the mini-game doesn't open. In both instances, when I click on it, it plays the music from the music box in the tent with the lady. So please add this to what needs to be fixed.

Thank you.

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 3:08:22 AM PST

Podium and Well

[Post New]by gypsyjanet on Aug 29, 11 11:53 AM
I can't seem to zoom in on the detail of the podium or well. I get the hourglass, click on it, and nothing happens. I have to click on another part of the screen to be able to click on anything else.

Any advice for this?

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Aug 29, 11 3:41 PM
Same issues as others. Game window is in the lower left hand corner. I've never had this problem before. This is getting old folks.

[Post New]by Razorback55 on Aug 29, 11 7:50 PM
I downloaded the trial version, but I cannot start to play. When I try to move the cursor to play, it stops just at the edge of the word "play" and won't move all the way over the word. The same with exit. I have to alt-control-delete to get out and go to task manager to stop the game. i have uninstalled and re-installed and it still does the same thing.

caninebat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by caninebat on Aug 29, 11 9:33 PM
OK i think i giving up on BF. Just too many games that wont play for one reason or another. I am running XP and everything is updated on my computer and I dont have these problems on any other site. I cant even find anything to spend my credit on so i guess I will just have to donate that one.

Letterbox

[Post New]by gypsyjanet on Aug 30, 11 11:25 AM
Okay anyone with the problem of the game being in the left side of the screen.... I had the same issue when I first played it. All you do is click on SETTINGS and uncheck the LETTERBOX.

Give that a try. Fixed the problem for me.

Letterbox

[Post New]by gypsyjanet on Aug 30, 11 11:25 AM
Okay anyone with the problem of the game being in the left side of the screen.... I had the same issue when I first played it. All you do is click on SETTINGS and uncheck the LETTERBOX.

Give that a try. Fixed the problem for me.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 30, 11 8:21 PM
At the beginning of the demo game, while on the ship I opened the journal and tried to click on the tabs. The cursor then split into two: one an immobile pointing finger cursor and a plain white mobile arrow. The game then crashed, with an alert about a "Skeleton Application". Here's the info that was generated:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TheSecretsofArceliaIsland.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.10
Application Timestamp: 4e571cad
Fault Module Name: TheSecretsofArceliaIsland.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.1.10
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e571cad
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000a0ec4
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d6ed
Additional Information 2: 60aad484efc40e26b78b678af834ab14
Additional Information 3: 1d4c
Additional Information 4: 4a4f6ba34a3185cae774ef6270bc8bf1

This was on Vista 32-bit.

sunnyxt0p
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyxt0p on Aug 31, 11 5:49 AM
Another game that don't fit my screen. So many games i can't play because of this.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Aug 31, 11 11:28 AM
No major problems yet-except the soundtrack has gone to cutting in and getting choppy out by the time I got to the Throne room.
My wide screen monitor is displaying fine, and no error messages.

[Post New]by doughnuts49er on Aug 31, 11 9:08 PM
I too, have problems with the podium. I put the tile on it, but it did not trigger a mini game. I also can not trigger a game at the well. And thirdly, I put the bag of gems on the ?? in the marketplace(sorry, I forgot what it is), and no mini game triggered there either. All of these bugs are getting very old, folks. Are we going to get a fix for this, I hope????

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Sep 1, 11 6:08 PM
I'm frozen in the "talk to the fairies" scene. I can't pick anything up or use the slingshot, or exit out of that scene.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 1, 11 7:36 PM
angelfishp wrote:Like Miss Lisa and drgncollector, I checked my journal and received access violation message. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got back in the game but I can't click on anything.

angelfish, miss lisa and dragncollector...i had the access violation message on the demo..when i tried to go from the beach to the boat...that's it for me...gonna wait for the update...

too bad....i like the game and i have like 8 bonus credits which are apparently good for nothing except the occasional decent se game...and i have 3 more coming...geesh!

and btw...it crashed on a skeleton issue...which means what? hates my bones??? lol

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 7:39:02 PM PST

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Sep 3, 11 2:47 AM
It lags EXTREMELY on both my computers (Laptop & Desktop). And BOTH computers should have no trouble running this. Have no similar problems on any other Big Fish games.

Laptop: Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
AMD Radeon 6670M Gfx
6 gigs of RAM

Desktop: Win7 Ultimate 32-bit
Geforce 8800 GTS gfx
3 gigs of ram.

Regards,
Rasmus Bertelsne

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Sep 3, 11 8:22 AM
Apparently there is a bug in the game. The final story piece is supposed to be in the clam scene, but is nowhere to be found. Very frustrating to missing just one...

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Sep 3, 11 10:11 AM
I went back to the game, and while I now had the proper cursor, I couldn't change the view from the deck scene with the telescope. I've uninstalled it and will try a reinstall, because the game looks interesting.

Note: This is one of those games that triggers the automatic opening of your default browser to the BF game page. Wonder if that is causing part of the problems?

ETA: When I opened up the reinstalled game, my name was still showing on the main screen, which means that not all of the previous game was cleared out when the BFG uninstall link was used; my last progress was also remembered. So instead, I created a new profile and began playing that. I also entered the code into the launch's control panel as soon as I found it, and didn't open the journal until after I had played on the island for a while. My trial time expired, and everything - including the journal - worked without a glitch. I liked the game, but now the question is - do I feel lucky?

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 6:13:30 AM PST

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Sep 4, 11 1:53 PM
I have a different problem.I finished the game and exited,When I attempt to restart the game to play the advance,it doesn't restart, all I get is the the ending of the previous game Thoroughly enjoyed the game.Any suggestions.M

Go to: