cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Aug 28, 11 12:52 PM
I think this game is going to be fun. Kind of reminds you of a Alice in Wonderland with all of the talking characters. Will not buy now but it will be on my list as I have already bought what i need for this month..

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 28, 11 1:43 PM
Wow.. the graphics are clear and crisp. A cute game but another game that I am on the fence about buying. I don't think it's worth the CE price so guess that answers my question for now.. It will be a wait and see..

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 28, 11 3:17 PM
Good game, lousy price. Just putting my 2 cents in. I keep seeing the theme "You own the game" I don' think that this is true. If I own the game, why do I need BF's permission to play it? Why do I need to connect to the internet to let BF know that I want to play and get their permission? What happens if BF goes out of business? What happens when I can no longer afford internet access? Are the game giong to be useable? If it is my game, why do I have to put up with that God Awful game manager each time I want to play?
(Sound of me getting off of my soapbox)

I'll have to ad this to my wish list of SE,s

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Aug 28, 11 3:21 PM
A very nice game; quite easy, though. That's usually OK for me, because I like to relax while playing a game. I almost always skip puzzles in trials because I don't want to take the time, but usually start over if I purchase so I can try them. Once again, I won't purchase this as a CE; I would if it were part of the sale. I will wait for the SE, as I don't believe the double purchase price for a CE is worth it. The graphics are very clear and HOs fairly easy to find, even on my small screen. We'll see when the SE comes out.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 28, 11 4:17 PM
I played the demo at the dev' site and was going to purchase it there but got sick lol and here it is. I purchased it immediately from BFG without doing the demo here.

Love the graphics, voices are great and hopefully there will be a twist in the story here since we just had the game with the missing daughter recently.

This game downloaded extremely fast for me for some reason.

Wish this game was darker and eeeeeerier lol. But feels like a decent game to play waiting for a spooookier game.

Happy game day to all fishies
Just finished the game, like others stated if you need a nice slow game and want to take your time, with great graphics this is the game for you. I kept thinking that there would a twist in this story to make it more compelling to play.

I feel this game should have been a SE. Didnt feel like I got my monies worth.

Edited on 08/28/2011 at 7:59:16 PM PST

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Aug 28, 11 5:12 PM
I really liked this game, but it felt unfinished. The last two paintings gave two pieces each and there were paintings that you didn't enter. It seems like there was at least two more levels planned.

Several games lately have been like this. I don't know if it is developers in general forcing games out to meet deadlines before they are polished, or vendors like Big Fish demanding them before they are fully ready.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 28, 11 5:42 PM
Very light and easy FROG adventure for a time that you maybe have had a bad day with a headache.
Its practically therapeutic!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 28, 11 6:21 PM
Echoing a previous post I too felt that this game was unfinished. Do I sense a sequel coming on???

Enjoyed the game, graphics etc. I play these games to be entertained, not startled or bitten by a vampire so this one is a good one. I've had a lifetime of time management so am really pleased with this BF choice.

rjohn82677
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by rjohn82677 on Aug 28, 11 8:10 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It was relatively easy, but had just enough to make is fun to play. I liked the graphics.

I like games that move from one environment to another, but really prefer having to go back and forth through multiple environments to complete the game.

RJ

Secora3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Secora3 on Aug 29, 11 12:45 AM
I liked the game, it was easy to play, you could put it down and pick up again later without wondering where you were. BUT why pay the price for a collectors edition when there is no extra play at the end, what makes this any different to the basic game so a little disappointed with the fact that I paid more for this than was necessary. Should have waited for the SE

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 29, 11 2:44 AM

Secora3 wrote:I liked the game, it was easy to play, you could put it down and pick up again later without wondering where you were. BUT why pay the price for a collectors edition when there is no extra play at the end, what makes this any different to the basic game so a little disappointed with the fact that I paid more for this than was necessary. Should have waited for the SE

Technically, there is a Bonus 6th chapter.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Aug 29, 11 6:05 AM
thanks to this wonderful game,,and my generator..I was focused on the great game play and graphics throughout sunday. Thank you Big Fish..you got me through Irene!
kris

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 29, 11 7:02 AM
This is a very good game but I wouldn`t buy it as the CE because its to short. I will wait for the SE instead. Happy gaming everyone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 11 8:48 AM
megwoman25 wrote:*Picking up coins to get trophies at the end. Whats the point?

You can buy trophies while you are playing the game. Go into the trophy room, click on a trophy, and it will tell you how much it costs. Then, if you have enough coins, you can buy the trophy.

jkuci wrote:Its a FROG adventure with intermittant H0 to get inventory items which are then used (not necessarily immediately) to solve a problem or complete a quest.

I have not come across any Fragmented Objects in the H0 scenes. There is a list with names and one with images, but they are not fragmented. At least, not the one I saw so far.

I NEED HELP!!

Call me blind, but WHERE IS THE STRATEGY GUIDE?

This is the first time ever I can`t see it, assuming it shows while we are playing the trial version?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 29, 11 8:52 AM

The strategy guide was a small golden rectangle under the hint box - I think under the inventory.

Maybe I just felt a little froggy when I wrote that reference to FROG...needed

Edited on 08/29/2011 at 8:57:22 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 29, 11 9:01 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:thanks to this wonderful game,,and my generator..I was focused on the great game play and graphics throughout sunday. Thank you Big Fish..you got me through Irene!
kris

Now that's the kind of bad day this game was really meant for! No stress and all lightness and sunshine (yes, and a bit of fluff)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 11 9:12 AM
jkuci wrote:
The strategy guide was a small golden rectangle under the hint box - I think under the inventory.

Oh thank you. I see it now. I can`t believe it`s so well hidden down there. But I like it. Out of the way and still within easy reach. Thanks again.

Maybe I just felt a little froggy when I wrote that reference to FROG...needed

LOL

Well, I played the whole hour, finished the first painting, and still was able to pop into the second painting. I gather that`s when the trial version will finish?

What can I say? I am in love with this game. There is nothing I would change. The graphics are really wonderfully done, and I like the H0 scenes. I also love the gameplay and puzzles (although, like others I couldn`t get the astrology puzzle going).

I am a sucker for snowy scenes and Christmassy images - all in the first painting - so that was a plus right at the start.

Well, I am not going to wait for the SE but will buy this CE. If all chapters are as enchanting and wonderful to play (and there are 6 chapters including the bonus game, and it took me an hour for the first chapter, which doesn`t say much, the other chapters could be shorter, but never mind...) then I am content.

ETA: Completely forgot to mention: This game actually fills out all of my screen (I have a widescreen laptop), which rarely happens with games. Thank you for that.

Edited on 08/29/2011 at 12:15:45 PM PST

[Post New]by dewdrop1024 on Aug 29, 11 9:45 AM
penrose47 wrote:Here is something I do NOT understand People will get MAD at a game that last just 3-4 hrs...for $13.99 and OWN it

but then will go to a movie to watch that is maybe 120 min. long & do NOT OWN it for a going rate of the same price??

Here in Central FL to go to a movie and watch its over $12.00 a ticket @ person not counting the popcorn & drink...+ the gas to get there and also having to dress.

At home pay $13.99 for a game watch in your BJ's ( jammies ) or nothing at all!!
have your own popcorn & drink NO gas $$$
FOR A LONGER TIME SPAN, and play over if you like it....

Just Wondering
PEN

[Post New]by dewdrop1024 on Aug 29, 11 9:50 AM
hey ...thanks for a different perspective ! I never thought of it that way -but it makes sense to me gee on the other hand--I didn't NEED any more excuses for buying games lol. I played part of the demo, and like some others on here, just not sure if I like this one or not. guess I'll finish the demo later and decide then.
but again--thanks for a different way of looking at ce's

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 29, 11 10:36 AM
completely different lost souls game but lovely and quite playable

Go to: