Re:Post any Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper technical issues here only

[Post New]by craftynona21 on Sep 6, 11 12:10 PM
stuck in the game for some reason I was in the reporter mode and was told to take a picture I had a camera in my inventory and it has disappeared can't go forward or backward tried reloading the game but it didn't help

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 6, 11 2:01 PM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing the same thing where some of your inventory pieces have gone missing. We apologize greatly for the trouble, and would like to start gathering some information about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us out as we look into this.

Thank you all for your patience, and we'll be sure to let you know if we receive any updates on this issue.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

FYI Astrological Puzzle Chapter 6 (?)

[Post New]by chiclet17 on Sep 6, 11 2:13 PM
Couldn't complete. Right clicking did not rotate the puzzle pieces. No way to put it together without rotation. Skipped it so moving on!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

FYI Astrological Puzzle Chapter 6 (?)

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 6, 11 2:47 PM
chiclet17 wrote:Couldn't complete. Right clicking did not rotate the puzzle pieces. No way to put it together without rotation. Skipped it so moving on!

Which puzzle? If you can't rotate, you don't have to. Some are click on any two to swap and some are slider.

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on Sep 6, 11 5:58 PM
I have reached the part where you are suppose to give the ticket master the paper that you picked up in the Dr. office, but there is no paper in the inventory. Can someone help me with this issue?

ozgenie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ozgenie on Sep 7, 11 9:15 PM
Purchased this game, it works fine on the desktop (XP Home) but when I install on the laptop (Vista) it insists I need a key and i don't know where to get it!
Suggestions?

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Sep 8, 11 11:53 AM
I bought this game, which worked fine in the demo, but now I've started several new profiles because my inventory keeps losing objects and I can't go back or forth.

FIX THIS GLITCH PLEASE!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 8, 11 1:25 PM
Hey ozgenie,

Is it asking for a Security Key? If so, you can get this resolved by getting in touch with Tech Support. In the meantime, you can find more information about this in this help article:

Security Key Error

doylebaby, I've seen other players mention the disappearing inventory. If you could please write in to Tech Support with a screenshot of the inventory and a Dr. Felix report, it would help our team collect more information about this issue.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Sep 8, 11 2:35 PM
SO I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BK FOR THIS AWFUL GAME 3 DAYS LATER THEY WANT ALL MY INFO AGAIN SO THEY CAN REFUND MY MONEY. I TOLD THEM LOOK UP ON UR PUTER ITS ALL THERE , THEY ARE SLOW & LAZY . WHAT A RIP OFF OH WELL.

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Sep 9, 11 2:47 PM
I spoke with onlive help and gave them the details

My disappeared inventory item is the same as mzchampane1

I am in Chapter 12, got the 4th coin and suddenly it and all inventory is missing. Without the 5th coin in the vase or the 4th coin that vanished I am stuck

One thing that might help the developers - I applied all the coins I had up to that point to the safe. 3 in all. Likely a lt of people might do that, particularly since it is such a small overall environment (3 rooms)

If that is a problem either don;t let people apply inventory items until all the ones needed are gotten or see why the early app is causing the coding hiccup

Hope they issue an update, this is the 2nd non-CE game that was really good but fatally flawed; Progress wise I mean.

ozgenie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ozgenie on Sep 11, 11 9:08 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey ozgenie,

Is it asking for a Security Key? If so, you can get this resolved by getting in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a>. In the meantime, you can find more information about this in this help article:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=777">Security Key Error </a>

doylebaby, I've seen other players mention the disappearing inventory. If you could please write in to <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=188">screenshot</a> of the inventory and a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix report</a>, it would help our team collect more information about this issue.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Well, it's been a week and no response from Tech Support

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 12, 11 2:21 AM
Did you check your junk / spam folder? You should have had an acknowledgement in one business day.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 13, 11 8:00 AM
I just sent in my screen shot and DrFelix report.. hope they get a fix soon. I don't want another game.. I want to play this one!!

[Post New]by Scarlett204 on Sep 13, 11 9:26 AM
I thought I posted this the other day, but I can't seem to find my post. So here is my question.

I downloaded this game for trial. I am getting an errror message: Cannot find compatible Direct3D disk.

Can someone explain what THIS is and why do I need one for a trial?

Thanks.

In addition, it is now telling me I only have 41 mins. of free play left and I've never played the game at all.

I've been having so many problems lately with BF, I am not sure what to do anymore.

Edited on 09/13/2011 at 9:48:02 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 13, 11 10:33 AM
I thought I posted this the other day, but I can't seem to find my post.
Your name is clickable. You can see your entire posting history that way.

[Post New]by Scarlett204 on Sep 13, 11 4:15 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:

Thank you Mr.Russ. I found where I made the other post. Unfortunately in both areas, my question was never answered.

Still awaiting an answer to this.

[Post New]by Scarlett204 on Sep 13, 11 4:17 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:

Thank you Mr.Russ. I found where I made the other post. Unfortunately in both areas, my question was never answered.

Still awaiting an answer to this.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 13, 11 5:03 PM
Use the green envelope on the right to get in touch with Customer Support.
They should be able to help you. Click on the Contact Us hyperlink at bottom left
(under Still need help?).

Post any Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper technical issues here only

[Post New]by fenamba12 on Sep 18, 11 6:40 PM
RePost any Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper technical issues here only
Game has issues with disappearing inventory. when i was so close to finishing game (chpt 13) i had more vanishing inventory leaving me unable to break vase to get 5th coin(my inventory was empty at this point)-. I was only able to retrieve 3 coins.

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 6:42:46 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 25, 11 8:12 PM
My inventory has disappeared as well. One minute I had the truncheon and a couple of other things then went to the filing cabinet to open it with truncheon and all items have disappeared. Can't get back to the scene to pick it up again. Stuck and can't do anything, very frustrating.

edit: I contacted customer support who did say the disappearing inventory items was a recorded/known problem and that the manufacturers were working on a fix to the problem, so a new build should come out soon hopefully.

But I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this game until a new build comes along.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 1:28:42 PM PST

Go to: