joa4you
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by joa4you on Sep 11, 11 6:21 AM
I too have had to re-start the game under another name in order to collect all the skulls; then I had a problem with the collection of all the metal pieces. Now I have a problem with collecting the basement handle in the cabin because, I guess, I failed to get it fast enough originally. This is a big problem thatthe makers need to resolve. I am tired of restarting this game!!!

joa4you
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by joa4you on Sep 11, 11 9:13 AM
Game doesn't allow enough time to retrieve items located at locations with magnifying glass when there is more than 1 item to be retrieved. The location closes and there is no going back. As a result the hint button closes down and it is impossible to proceed with the game as the missing piece(s) is/are crucial to continuing.

XxShadowsxX
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by XxShadowsxX on Sep 12, 11 4:22 PM
joa4you wrote:Game doesn't allow enough time to retrieve items located at locations with magnifying glass when there is more than 1 item to be retrieved. The location closes and there is no going back. As a result the hint button closes down and it is impossible to proceed with the game as the missing piece(s) is/are crucial to continuing.

THIS. I have started so many profiles because I missed something in the close ups that close on their own before all the pieces/evidence have been collected. It's ridiculous. If you leave the hotel room with the flare before picking up the flare gun on accident, you can't go right back and pick it up. If you attempt to get the cork with the cup of water, admittedly I tried on the very first profile, it seems like you've wasted your only shot at getting the cork because the close up option is gone once you leave it. If you pick up the three pieces of evidence in the bag in the wrong order, the close up closes before you can get the relief piece. I get making a game hard to complete, in fact I encourage the challenge, but playing a game that, essentially, makes you fail without trying is unacceptable.

Edited on 09/12/2011 at 7:50:22 PM PST

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Sep 13, 11 10:07 AM
Downloaded and could not play demo due to error message....Obviously the bugs in this game are numerous and still not fixed....

Sorry, wrong game!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 09/13/2011 at 10:30:37 AM PST

hgfr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by hgfr on Sep 13, 11 4:06 PM
I have read all the messages about technical problems and I found one to be very interesting about getting tired of all the problems. I too have bought many games and while playing they just go blank. I have to shut down my computer and then start over again. I was just playing this game for over two hours and had gotten to the trap door in the church and my screen turned green and I had to shut down my computer and then when I started the game again it took me to the trap door but wouldn't do anything. I had to quit the game and tried again and still it does nothing. Now what? I too am tired of getting all these problems and just for the record I do not like the new game manager.. HELP!!!

[Post New]by bonnelda2002 on Sep 13, 11 6:13 PM
I also cannot get the jack from the abandoned car. As someone posted before, is this a one shot deal???? I'm also tired of having glitches, especially when you're almost to the end of the game! Also, when you click on the hint button, it lights up but shows not hints. I also went back to the evidence board, and lost the magnifying glass.

[Post New]by jaykay03 on Sep 14, 11 9:51 AM
XxShadowsxX wrote:
joa4you wrote:Game doesn't allow enough time to retrieve items located at locations with magnifying glass when there is more than 1 item to be retrieved. The location closes and there is no going back. As a result the hint button closes down and it is impossible to proceed with the game as the missing piece(s) is/are crucial to continuing.

THIS. I have started so many profiles because I missed something in the close ups that close on their own before all the pieces/evidence have been collected. It's ridiculous. If you leave the hotel room with the flare before picking up the flare gun on accident, you can't go right back and pick it up. If you attempt to get the cork with the cup of water, admittedly I tried on the very first profile, it seems like you've wasted your only shot at getting the cork because the close up option is gone once you leave it. If you pick up the three pieces of evidence in the bag in the wrong order, the close up closes before you can get the relief piece. I get making a game hard to complete, in fact I encourage the challenge, but playing a game that, essentially, makes you fail without trying is unacceptable.

This has happened to myself as well! In the bonus chapter your suppose to retrieve 4 pieces of a shield- when I went into the nursery to get the 4th piece, there was another object to grab so I took it first and before I was able to grab the shield piece it closed and now I cannot finish the game- this is very frustrating and a waste of money- when I buy a game I expect to be able to play the WHOLE thing!

[Post New]by Val72034 on Sep 16, 11 4:24 PM
My cursor is very jumpy, is ther anyway to fix it?

[Post New]by dnoelle on Sep 16, 11 6:20 PM
I am looking at my evidence and my cursor is stuck as a magnifying glass. I can't put it down so I can't move pieces of evidence to the correct spot to get the next deduction. I sure wish I had read this before I bought the game. Again, same problem as the other posts. I used the water cup to splash the guy so then I couldn't finish getting the cork : (

gparadox
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by gparadox on Sep 17, 11 2:29 PM
who cares how long it takes to DL?
Get better band width or get over it. I am tired of seeing all going on about the time it takes
This is supposed to be tech issues, your DL rate is not part of the game.

Got the download AND more...

[Post New]by nurs4kdz on Sep 17, 11 9:16 PM
I'm undoubtedly one of the few who did not have problems downloading the game; I wish I had though.

Played for an hour or so and loved the game...then I GOT THE "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH." I honestly did not expect it to be Big Fish or the game since I've played BF games for years without a problem of this magnitude. Two days of troubleshooting to find the source of the BSOD and my last move prior to completely reformatting my computer was to remove the game. I still didn't figure this was the problem, but since I was going to lose it anyway, I figured it was worth a try. Much to my pleasure and shock, it WAS the game. Removed it this morning and have had no BSOD's (that were previously happening every twenty minutes or so).

So, if you ARE successful in downloading and then end up with the BSOD, save yourself the headache and time that I wasted...delete the game.

Contacting CS next....

LULUSCOOT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LULUSCOOT on Sep 18, 11 1:49 AM
To get the cork you have to get the bucket filled with water, not the cup thats for the guy thats passed out. That being said when I came back with the bucket filled with water I couldn't get the close-up to work so now I can't get the cork, fix the boat and be on my way. And yes my hint button no longer works. HELP ME (get it!)

[Post New]by golliwog on Sep 19, 11 5:27 PM
I too am having the problem, I have the bucket of water for the grate, but absolutely NOTHING happens......................cannot pour it in the grate either..................STUCK!!!! HELP PLEASE

guppy68
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by guppy68 on Sep 19, 11 6:47 PM
I am gettting so frustrated with this game. I uninstalled re installed and used different profiles just to get the man in the street and get the flare gun.
Now am finding that the magnifying glass is stuck in the on p;osition in the evidence section and I can't move anything to another location.

Also I guess Iost the last piece to the puzzle to open the church gate.....

I am going crazy .....any suggestions out there?????

[Post New]by 1metsgirl on Sep 23, 11 2:22 PM
I can't get the candlebra.I picked up the wedge piece after breaking the boxes with the axe. As soon as i picked up the wedge it closed the zoom page. I went back and you cannot zoom in anymore. Do I have to uninstall then re-install the game. If so that sucks cause I was almost finished. Thanx, Lisa

[Post New]by Audielou on Oct 2, 11 3:05 PM
I have tried everything to get this game downloaded followed all the info on the help pages it finally did download after 6 hours then failed (I don't have high speed internet just dial up) I alway's get a backup cd and install from that well I thought I bought one with this purchase but only got a trial games cd that sucks.

[Post New]by Audielou on Oct 5, 11 1:59 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi amcahoon,

We really want you to be able to enjoy your games, so especially if you've been experiencing issues with multiple games, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team, and one of our reps can take a closer look at what might be causing these issues for you.

(you can click on the blue words for more details)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Audielou on Oct 5, 11 2:03 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi amcahoon, And what do you suggest when tech support won't work either just freezes up?

We really want you to be able to enjoy your games, so especially if you've been experiencing issues with multiple games, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team, and one of our reps can take a closer look at what might be causing these issues for you.

(you can click on the blue words for more details)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

adr8p
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by adr8p on Oct 5, 11 11:50 PM
1metsgirl wrote:I can't get the candlebra.I picked up the wedge piece after breaking the boxes with the axe. As soon as i picked up the wedge it closed the zoom page. I went back and you cannot zoom in anymore. Do I have to uninstall then re-install the game. If so that sucks cause I was almost finished. Thanx, Lisa

I did the opposite, picked up the candlabra now cannot go back and get the wedge piece

Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Audielou on Oct 11, 11 6:45 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

What if tech support doesn't work either? The page just freezes up after I describe what is going on with the game. I think I'll just give up on this game and forget that it cost me to buy it just sick of fooling with it can a person get a refund or credit?

Go to: