Misty36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Misty36 on Sep 11, 11 7:40 PM
K, I am missing the piece of coal I need to do the cave. I can't have the instructions without the coal, and there is no where to go back and get any coal. I filled up the fire with the coal and made the tap, but received no extra coal to take along. NOW what do I do?????? Help!!!!

Misty36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Misty36 on Sep 11, 11 7:40 PM
K, I am missing the piece of coal I need to do the cave. I can't have the instructions without the coal, and there is no where to go back and get any coal. I filled up the fire with the coal and made the tap, but received no extra coal to take along. NOW what do I do?????? Help!!!!

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Sep 13, 11 9:40 AM
After playing this game twice, I am still missing the 24th green crystal. Someone told me to place my cursor on the open ceiling in the last scene where the machine is and it will turn into a magnifying glass leading me to a key; my cursor DOES NOT turn into a magnifying glass and I can't finish the game. Can someone confirm that they have been successful in doing this or do I need to erase and reinstall this game and play it for a third time? Thank you

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Sep 14, 11 9:40 AM
Well, I finally finished the game (after going back twice to locate two missing crystals). Then I got ready to play the bonus game - only to find there isn't one - at least not that I can find. I've clicked on every clickable thing on the screen and can't find any bonus game. What am I missing?

VAMPDIVA
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by VAMPDIVA on Sep 15, 11 5:46 AM
Don't know if I'm the only fish out there, but ......... I decided to TRY before BUY, and got a nasty surprise. Just after download finished, BOTH my "police programs" [Norton and AVG] found a corrupted file, the executable file that starts the game. Have been having a few access problems on my computer since.

BEWARE!!!!!

Seems like this happens every time I get interested in Haunted Legends
or Murder Mysteries titled games. You know, that crazy little error, can't overwrite message with the 9 digit code. What gives?!?!?!?

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on Sep 15, 11 12:45 PM
je_peche wrote:right - have uninstalled, reinstalled, practiced patience with "Activation" and it's still stuck. any suggestions?

Ditto for me. I contacted BFG Support and they had me re-install an earlier version of GM. I did, tried to open this game and the same thing happened again. I uninstalled the game and am in the process of reinstalling it. Will wait and see if that helps

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 15, 11 2:48 PM
VAMPDIVA wrote:Don't know if I'm the only fish out there, but ......... I decided to TRY before BUY, and got a nasty surprise. Just after download finished, BOTH my [i]"police programs" [Norton and AVG] found a corrupted file, the executable file that starts the game...

Hi VAMPDIVA,

I know how alarming messages from your anti-virus programs can be, but I want to assure you that all of the games on our site have been thoroughly tested and are guaranteed to be virus-free.

Here's a link to one of our Help pages that has some more details for you, including how to contact Tech Support if you have any more concerns:

Virus Messages

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 2:49:11 PM PST

[Post New]by PrimaD1st on Sep 16, 11 7:38 AM
Why is this not yet available as a Mac download and when will it be? Same for the new Redemption Cemetery game.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Sep 16, 11 10:41 AM
Looked forward to playing this. No problems downloading but each time I click between scenes there is a black screen and a delay of some 45 seconds before it moves on or backwards. The scene by the river with stepping stones, the cursor just hangs about and doesn't do anything. Hope the SE edition is fixed as I like these Haunted Legend games.

dotpet5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dotpet5 on Sep 18, 11 9:38 AM
I did beta this game and I cannot download it. it quits before it is installed. help!!

[Post New]by Splinda0711 on Sep 18, 11 11:44 PM
bigginaf wrote:I keep having issues with this game. It seems like every time I go to another location within the game I always get booted out of the game and have to restart it. I have uninstalled the game and restarted it, but with no success. Please help.

Same thing happens to me. I have gotten about halfway through the game and can play it for about 5 minutes and it just stops the game. Have tried rebooting computer, making sure nothing besides game is running. No luck. Thoughts?

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Sep 19, 11 6:53 AM
I found the piece with the shield in the brewery and placed it on the workshop door. I found the other piece and went back to the workshop door and the first piece was no longer there. I can no longer access the shield area in the brewery and can't move forward. Will it help to start over or will the same thing happen again? If I start over and wait until I have both pieces will that allow me to get the door totally open?

lezl10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lezl10 on Sep 22, 11 2:55 PM
I am having trouble with the attic scene. Although I managed to do the HOS I was not able to keep the bell even though I rang it and now I can't go any further, The HOS is closed and I cannot get back into it to try to retrieve the bell. Help!

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Sep 25, 11 4:59 PM
Almost got through the game and was at the lamp assembly. Could not assemble and hit the skip button. Lamp assembly disappeared and cannot locate it now. Cannot proceed. Unwilling to restart from beginning. Getting a little frustrated with CE's not working properly. Am not the tester and yes I did demo game prior with no problems but we are not able to play the entire game to evaluate to see if there are glitches in the whole game..

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Sep 25, 11 8:04 PM
Logged off the game and went back and retried the same place i left off. Found the light piece and was able to proceed with the game..Am now in the Extra play and feel i will be able to finish this!

[Post New]by hermens on Sep 30, 11 3:10 PM
Hi! I have tried to play this game twice. It has crashed my computer twice and when I get back on, it says "save file corrupted" anyone else have this problem?

pkbug
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pkbug on Dec 26, 11 3:08 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:Guess what? I have a glitch in this wonderful game. I am upstairs in the tower and no hidden object scene. I have the items from the shield but no sparkles for the hidden object scene. Do I have to start all over? This is no fun!!
I'm having the same problem. Did you get an answer? Can anyone help me out!

trifle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by trifle on Jun 11, 12 8:16 AM
Is the lack of an HOS scene in the tower after the shield piece has been added a technical issue?
There are many who are asking this question and no one has answered it.
I've looked through the entire forum and there does not appear to be an answer.
Is this a technical problem?

Other than this issue I am having no problem with this game except that I am now stalled because I cannot get the HOS scene to appear to move forward.

[Post New]by azellia on Jul 24, 12 2:14 AM
why do yhey ask for a sercurity code when i try to activate game no other games ever asked?

[Post New]by Readwritelove on Dec 13, 12 1:42 PM
judimose wrote:Well, I finally finished the game (after going back twice to locate two missing crystals). Then I got ready to play the bonus game - only to find there isn't one - at least not that I can find. I've clicked on every clickable thing on the screen and can't find any bonus game. What am I missing?

Any update? This just happened to me. Very perplexed! I have never had a bonus game missing before!

Go to: