sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Review for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Sep 8, 11 10:05 AM
i love ers games but i always have to turn off custom cursor on them. the custom cursor is always sluggish for me. this game is great as always. loved queen of spades going to love this one too but i will wait for se to come before i purchase this game. have fun fishies!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Sep 8, 11 10:13 AM
peglegann wrote:
tatsu1952 wrote:
equusjoy wrote:I finished the entire demo and I was in the third chapter. I am not a fast player, so I am a bit concerned about how many chapters there are in this game. I had already collected quite a few crystals, too.

I enjoyed the first Haunted Legends and I am glad to see they are making a series of them with that little old man in them. lol I am not sure about buying the CE until I find out from someone how many chapters there are. It is definitely worth trying, though, and I did enjoy the trial.

Happy Gaming everyone!

Joy

I have the same reservations, Joy. I think I'll wait 'til someone finishes it and posts how long it is before I buy.

Just remember, your were playing a sample, not a 1 hour trial

Exactly, and she made it to Chapter 3 just in the demo alone. I'm also wondering how long this game is as I was quite far along as well and I found it very easy. The only time I needed the SG was to open the stairs in the tower. That puzzle with the levers made absolutely no sense, even after viewing the SG.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 8, 11 10:40 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
tatsu1952 wrote:
equusjoy wrote:I finished the entire demo and I was in the third chapter. I am not a fast player, so I am a bit concerned about how many chapters there are in this game. I had already collected quite a few crystals, too.
I enjoyed the first Haunted Legends and I am glad to see they are making a series of them with that little old man in them. lol I am not sure about buying the CE until I find out from someone how many chapters there are. It is definitely worth trying, though, and I did enjoy the trial.
Happy Gaming everyone!
Joy

I have the same reservations, Joy. I think I'll wait 'til someone finishes it and posts how long it is before I buy.

Exactly, and she made it to Chapter 3 just in the demo alone. I'm also wondering how long this game is as I was quite far along as well and I found it very easy. The only time I needed the SG was to open the stairs in the tower. That puzzle with the levers made absolutely no sense, even after viewing the SG.

Not quite sure what you mean by "exactly". The "sample" ends with chapter 3. There have been 2 lengths quoted by people. one being 3 hours to bonus and the other being 5-6 hours, including the bonus. It really is the speed of the player.LOL!
I have not used one hint, nor have I even looked at the SG! I would estimate my own playing time to be 6 hours to the end of the bonus. It is all relative

[Post New]by baglady159 on Sep 8, 11 11:14 AM
I have purchased a fair share of CE's and everyone of ERS games as a CE but not so sure on this one. This one leaves me feeling a little cheated and not sure why. Maybe because I can't look at the SG and estimate my time to finish.
That's one of the ways I determine whether or not to pay for the CE. It isn't because of the extra game play. The extra game play even at a couple of hrs isnt worth paying another 6.99 for because technically I've spent a full game price for a couple hours play time. Hmmm...not sure its worth it.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 8, 11 11:24 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:
julie421 wrote:Where is the bonus game ?

You can find the bonusgame in the main menue under "extras" (but you can`t click on extras till you bought the game).

And can't play it before you finsih the game..........

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 8, 11 11:30 AM
I'm half way throutgh the game and I love it.
The graphics, as ever with ERS, are gorgeous.
The story is OK, missing children in a village and there's this nasty little dwarf again. Mini games are fine, not too difficult (which suits me !) and some of them quite different from the usual ones.
The voices of the littles girls sound to much like a woman disguising her voice.
Music is good.
So far, a very, very good game.

ETA : one big snag, it took over 3 HOURS to download and another 3 to get the full version, INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 11:32:07 AM PST

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Sep 8, 11 11:47 AM
I love ERS games and this one doesn't disappoint. The graphics are beautiful, as they are with all ERS games.The little girls voice reminded me of someone scratching their fingernails on a chalk board, but the others are good. I like the music and I can not wait until payday to purchase. Have a great day and happy gaming!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 8, 11 11:54 AM
Fantastic game, like most of ERS's production ! The demo went so fast, and I was astonished by the graphics and the develops of the story, the hidden obj scene are clean and clear, the music is similar to another ERS game, maybe The queen of spades? I am not sure, but I am sure to keep playing this upper class game, so I have just bought it!! Happy gaming to all fans of these games!! 5+

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Sep 8, 11 12:34 PM
peglegann wrote:
cottoncandy2 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
tatsu1952 wrote:
Happy Gaming everyone!
Joy

Not quite sure what you mean by "exactly". The "sample" ends with chapter 3. There have been 2 lengths quoted by people. one being 3 hours to bonus and the other being 5-6 hours, including the bonus. It really is the speed of the player.LOL!
I have not used one hint, nor have I even looked at the SG! I would estimate my own playing time to be 6 hours to the end of the bonus. It is all relative

I'm saying if a slow player can make it to Chapter 3 in the demo, then it won't take long for an experienced player to do the whole game if it's not very long.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 8, 11 12:55 PM
I was just about to begin playing Enigmatus, until the Bronze horseman made it's debut. I played Queen of Spades and loved it. Never met an ERS game I didn't like. Granted some are better than others, but liked them all.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 8, 11 12:57 PM
jkuci wrote:
RenaissanceMom wrote:
care___916 wrote:ERS must I say more lol.
Believe it or not, not everyone is an ERS fan.
I really like some of their games a lot, but found the most recent 5 or 6 to be major disappointments. Their work sure is pretty but all from the same cookie-cutter mold. Money makers yes, but where's the soul?

I'll demo this but won't expect much different. Unfortunately.

I agree, RenaissanceMom.....ERS games recently seem to look pretty but formulaic.

Totally agree. I loved ERS at first - it was like going to the cinema! But I wait now. Certainly won't pay CS prices for this.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 8, 11 12:59 PM
This game was a buy for me. Was caught hook, line and sinker. Seems, I had just gotten into the trial version and navigating around and game ended.

Flipped a coin and then got a daisy and started pulling off the petals to the tune of: buy, no buy, buy, no buy. you know how that goes. Last petal off decided my fate. Buy.

The graphics were good, story line great, and hidden objects somewhat easy. Kept music real low and volume. Some of the puzzles were real brain teasers. Game played okay on wide screen. Download was slow when I first downloaded in trial. I paused it, then restarted it. It took off fast after that. I make sure I have an empty cache before logging on. I go to internet options, then go and delete history, temp. files, and cookies.

I give BFG and the game developers a rating of:

:thumbup

And enough

to go around.

I should be getting five game coupons next month.

I have purchased a lot of games since last week. Quite a few were C. E.'s. With all the weather we have been getting, to wet to go outside. Flooding all over the state and in my county and surrounding ones.

If you are having any flooding in your state, please be careful and don't drive thru deep water of any height , and keep children and pets safe. Keep water, batteries, food, etc. on hand in case of an emergency.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 1:19:39 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 8, 11 1:17 PM
Another great game from ERS. Really like their games. However, it seems to be that we are getting CE games every Thursday and Sunday as well. I am beginning to notice that there are not as many postings as in the past. Back to school teaching and have very little time to play any games. However, occasionally one comes along which is terrific. This is the game. Will purchase but would like to see more SE games and less CE's. Some cannot afford these more expensive games.

[Post New]by nosmo99_us on Sep 8, 11 2:04 PM
I love ERS games but stopped buying them...everyone they make freezes and the words become so distorted I cant read them..its too bad they look like fun

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 8, 11 2:14 PM
Another ERS game and I love the graphics, voice over's and music. I haven't finished the whole trial yet but as far as I have got.. I really love it, storyline and just about everything. You get spoiled when you play an ERS game. A buy for me and might even spring for the CE price..

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 2:15:18 PM PST

pjarra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pjarra on Sep 8, 11 2:16 PM
Just finished the demo and for a ****/Adventure I was a little disappointed. Don't mind the back and forth, graphics were great and it had voice overs. But for my taste it had too many **** scenes. Even though they were interactive there were still too many. Puzzles were fairly easy and skippable--don't know why you would want to--Definitely not a CE buy for me, probably wait for the SE.
Those who love it--enjoy!

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 8, 11 2:28 PM
nosmo99_us wrote:I love ERS games but stopped buying them...everyone they make freezes and the words become so distorted I cant read them..its too bad they look like fun

Sounds like technical problems to me. Ever tried BF's Customer Service? Click on the green envelope on the right and tell them your problems. There's much chance they will help you out!

CasualGran

minkmoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by minkmoo on Sep 8, 11 2:45 PM
I loved HL: Queen of Spades and have played it many times - still love it. I like this new one, but not convinced I'll buy the CE. Will sleep on it a few days.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Sep 8, 11 3:27 PM
Beautiful graphics throughout. Hidden object scenes are bright and clear and it is fun to have items that need manipulation before they can be collected.

Edited on 09/09/2011 at 9:45:32 AM PST

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Sep 8, 11 4:37 PM
Its great, fantastic and just the kind of games I crave! Mysterious enough to keep you interested, lots of things to do and figure out. Hidden objects are fun to find, mixed with a little extra things to do. I could go broke real easy if they offered these kind of games weekly. Thankyou so much to our game makers, making my afternoons and evenings fun.

Go to: