grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redempton Cemetery: Children's Plight

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Sep 10, 11 9:37 PM
I've been waiting for this game to come out as an SE. I bought it yesterday. I am already 2/3 of the way through the game....I'm glad I didn't buy the CE version, though, as it looks like it's going to be on the short side. It downloaded and installed in less than 10 minutes. I have a HP Compaq Pressario (latest Widows version as of February 2011) desk top and have never had any trouble downloading games from BFG. I have, on the other hand run into glitches in the games themselves. Don't let other's stories of download times scare you off from trying this game. I am enjoying it very much. I really don't know how you can play hogs on a small screen lap top. There's no way I would be able to see the objects. I sometimes have trouble on my 21" screen even when wearing my "computer" glasses.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 11, 11 12:28 AM
I enjoyed the CE demo so I have been waiting for this one to come out as an SE. I purchased it yesterday and tried to download it during off times, but it still took quite a while to download. Almost 30 minutes and I have a brand new HP notebook. Most of the games download much quicker on the new GM so I'm not certain it isn't just this game.

While this second installment is still enjoyable, I found the first far superior. Not sure exactly why. Maybe I am getting tired of storylines that have children's lives in danger. Maybe the individual storylines and the storyline as a whole was better developed in the first. Maybe it is because the first was so new and different. It seems to me that maybe the graphics in the first were just a little better, but it has been a while since I played the first installment. I do remember not being able to stop playing and I bought the CE of the first right away. It wasn't really a hardship to wait for the SE on this one.

The scenes are pretty dark in the first chapter, but items are still relatively easy to find. The scenes do brighten up after the first section. Minigames are interesting and different from the usual. As someone else pointed out, some of the scenes can be a little disturbing so if you are sensitive, be aware. Otherwise, basically another good game from ERS, but certainly not their best endeavour.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 12:42:42 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 11, 11 2:47 AM
Graphics good, music ok (at least it's not Puppetshow over and over). Could have been a little harder. Mediocre. Has done better.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 11, 11 2:14 PM
Well, I took the plunge. I downloaded the demo, played it, bought the game, installed it, and... it worked. *wipes sweat off brow*

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Sep 11, 11 4:10 PM
really great game...fast....scenes dont segue quickly tho....fun and clever

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 12, 11 12:56 AM
I have the first of this series and loved it so was excited to get Children's Plight. I really enjoyed this one as well. Hveing three stories that are all connected is cool, but somehow I mangaged to skip the intro to the third one. Oh well, got thru it anyway. ERS is one of my favorite developers. Thanks!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 12, 11 5:12 AM
Just finished the game, and I really enjoyed playing it.

Graphics are, as always, very nicely done. And I love the puzzles. I liked the variation to "Hanoi Tower". Took me a moment to realise what it was.

Loved those kiddies I had to rescue, and also loved their voices. Gameplay was very nicely done as well.

What I didn`t like so much was that several of the Hidden Object scenes were rather cluttered, really messy, in fact. Also, there were more H0 scenes following each other than in previous ERS games, as far as I could make out. I do like the H0 scenes in the ERS games - the graphics are always nice and objects are easily enough to find - but I do prefer to do different things in between each H0 scene, with less of them, especially if I have to come back to the same one.

All in all, loved it.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Sep 12, 11 8:07 AM
Not a bad game, but I think the download lasted longer than the actual game! I preferred the first Redemption Cemetery.

[Post New]by Semiconscious on Sep 12, 11 1:43 PM
I love most of ERS's games, if only for their lovely graphics. This one, not so much. Why? Let me count the ways.

First: I may be in the minority here, but I really prefer sequels that continue the story line directly. This one takes off in a completely different direction and has a very different feel. The cemetery doesn't have the same look: i.e. in the first one, it appeared well-kept; this one looks abandoned. The original took place completely within the cemetery – no town to be seen (except outside the cemetery gates). And what's with the warlock? Couldn't the developers just have the main character from #1 return to the cemetery of his/her own volition to explore more stories, after being intrigued by their first experience there?

Second: The voices. Oh my, the voices. It would be nice if the voices actually fit the looks of the characters. An aged warlock with the voice of a 20-something? Young children with voices of teenagers? Apparently most developers share a small pool of folks for voiceovers...did anyone else recognize the voice of Mary's mother as the same woman who voiced the female lead in MCF: 13th Skull and has appeared in several other recent games (the names of which escape me at the moment)? Heck, I do better voices when I tell a joke! Any developers out there looking for new voice talent?

Third, and most annoying: The relatively short length, coupled with a complete and utter let-down of an ending. I actually said, "That's IT?????" out loud when I got there. Shame on you, ERS, for this cop-out.

All of that said, I did enjoy the game play and, as I mentioned in my intro, I always enjoy the quality of ERS graphics. While I don’t know if I would choose to use a game credit again for this SE, I would definitely recommend it as a DD.

[Post New]by clockwork_daisy on Sep 13, 11 3:37 AM
Is it just me, or were the kids creepy? I was tempted to leave them where they were! Also, clowns.

Edited on 09/13/2011 at 3:38:26 AM PST

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on Sep 13, 11 8:54 AM
Slow downloads:
This is a very large file. I have High Speed Internet (approx. 100 kb sec) and it took less than an hour. If you have dial up it will take forever. If you have wireless it will be quite fast. For slower connections your computer might even go to sleep or time out from BFG.
On a slow Internet you will need to let your computer do only the download. Close all your other operations.
Local Libraries have wireless or ultra high internet service for free which is great if you use a laptop.
Please feel free to correct any of this info if I've used any of the wrong terms or facts. Most of this I culled from the Wizards at BFG and from tial and error.
Cheers

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 13, 11 12:08 PM
I also am tired of wadeing through the download crap to get a review. For the ones that gave good reviews, I thank you. I played the demo and loved the graphics but the game play it's self left much to be desired. Sites with only a few things to do and rushed storylines, why make them beautiful and then do little in them. I also loved the first one and think I'll just play it again. It's been a while and at my age it will be like a new game.

I'll wait for the DD as $3 is all I want to pay for an interactive, though beautiful movie.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 13, 11 2:03 PM
I did buy the SE version of this game, couldn't afford the CE, so will have to be satisfied without having the extra game play :-(
I do enjoy ERS games, and this one was good, but I have to agree with others who mentioned that there wasn't a lot of interactivity, in each scene.
I felt the scenes did not have enough places, to interact with, there were only a few spots in each, where there was something to actually do.
There were some beautiful spots, that I would have liked to investigate further, and felt there was a lot of running back and forth, to get one item.
I remember thinking all of that work, for one, of the items that I needed multiples of, but those are just a few quibbles of mine with the game.
All in all, I did enjoy it, just wanted to give MHO for improvments, in future releases of RC games, that would make them more enjoyable for me.
I did like the H0 scenes, for me, there can never be to many, so I did like doing those.
I liked the voice overs, but did want to give the boy, that kept banging on the bus door, a lashing with a wet noodle, or two, but I suppose if I were locked in a bus with those HUGE spiders, I would have probably needed therapy afterwards..lol.
I thought they did a good job, when you first go through the tunnel, it really felt like you were there, going through it, and than of course you get a lovley surprise..YIKES..have to admit I did jump out of my chair a bit.
And I LOVED the scene with the car dangling, over the cliff, job well done on that as well, I tried as fast as I could to save the girl, lets just say, glad it wasn't me in there because it took quite a while longer, than I would have liked.
And of course there where 2 times in the game, where I didn't know what to do, but with perserverance, finaly figured it out.....Duh .
It tought me to check every single crevese, after that happened, couldn't believe I missed a spot, but I did.
So I do like ERS games, just wish that there was more game play, in the areas, that would have made it a lot more, FUN for myself.
But all in all, not sorry I used a coupon on this one, it gave me a few hours of enjoyment, even if I got stuck twice, the quality is always there with ERS games, so I will continue to purchase them, as long as they keep making them, thanks developers !!

beachmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by beachmama on Sep 13, 11 3:46 PM
Just finished. This was the right length. The ****'s were just a little too easy but the puzzles made up for it. Can't wait for the next installment. If you're on the fence jump right in and buy.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Sep 13, 11 6:53 PM
Thank you TeamSD ,for not steering me wrong ,I always look for your comments in the forum and so far I think we have the same taste in games ,this one deserves all the As ,its a beautiful game ! I was sorry to see it end ...........Let's see what else is deserving an A

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 17, 11 4:28 PM
Download time (with rollback GM)... 5 minutes. I'm on a 64 Mbps line.

For the devs and I hope they actually pay attention because this is quite irritating... the H0 scenes have very sloppy coding. There were many items where I gave up and used a hint only to have the hint go to the exact item I had clicked on multiple times with no luck. For example in one scene you are to click on a light bulb... the ONLY spot you can click on and have it register is the middle of the wire part at the bottom... clicking on the bulb itself does nothing (unless you click too many times in which case you are punished for not divining the exact spot the devs want you to click on.) Just a pet peeve of mine...

Others have already reviewed the game... it's worth playing but glad I didn't spring for the CE... would have been a wasted credit. It's so funny because some games the devs get all the pieces right but the game as a whole doesn't work... this story line works but the pieces are sloppy. I'd say from me. lol

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Sep 18, 11 9:49 PM
This game stinks! The story is pointless and has no mystery what so ever. At least in the last game the title fit the story but not this time. If I could get back the time I wasted playing this game I would.

boomer331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by boomer331 on Sep 19, 11 10:21 PM
I loved this game! Very entertaining and good graphics. This game was easy enough that I didn't get frustrated but not so easy that I got bored. No need for walkthrough and I found it continued in a logical order where I didn't have to run all over the place looking for stuff. I never pay much attention to story as they are never really that good anyway, I just like to play the game. Well worth the SE price although I found it was a bit short.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 20, 11 7:12 AM
excellent game, my only complaint.....it took forever to load each scene.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Sep 20, 11 7:27 PM
Ok there are like 3 "reviews" in the 3 pages existing in this review section most everyone else was complaining of technical issues so this is just a SHOUT OUT STOP PUTTING TECH ISSUES IN THE REVIEW SECTION! Ok now that I have that off my chest, could someone please put the other names of the 2 games that this is supposed to be a sequel of? I haven't played a Redempton ?? (Shouldn't it be RedemptION Cemetary?) game before and since most of you said they liked the previous ones I would like to try them also - for those that will respond to this I thank you very much in advance! REDEMPTON ?? Re-dem-ton??? Really ERS??

Re DEM TION? LOLOL
Lean

Go to: