Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by simardvidal on Sep 12, 11 2:52 PM
that too bad that almost everybody have the same problem but no answer from anywhere to make it right

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 12, 11 3:06 PM
tinygranny wrote:Having the same problem. Game too big for the screen and can't see any of my buttons. Also, cursor clicks way above the object.

Hi tinygranny,

This may be related to your current screen resolution, so here's the link to a help article that will show you how to adjust these settings:

Screen Resolution

Also, you may want to see if there are any updates available for your video card drivers. More info can be found here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by MissAbby on Sep 12, 11 4:13 PM
I am having the same problem as many others with the miners rings. I have them all, then I don't and can't finish the game! Very frustrating!!

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Sep 12, 11 4:59 PM
I am having the same problem with the miner's rings. I had all 5 but once I started placing them, I was "missing" one.

katie546
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by katie546 on Sep 12, 11 6:13 PM
pgillenw wrote:Rope Missing: At the gas station, I broke in to the door (not the garage door but the other door that had boards on it). In the hidden object scene list is listed the item Rope. There exist no Rope. I used the Hint button and clicked all around the area it believes the Rope should be, in fact, I used the Hint several times and more clicking. There is simply no Rope to be found.

Hi! I had the same problem. You need to turn on the flashlight! I did a duh when I realized it. Hope this helps. katie

katie546
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by katie546 on Sep 12, 11 6:19 PM
Hi all! I see lots are having problems with this game. I haven't had the other problems that I've seen so far (knock on wood), my problem is that things go missing out of inventory. I need the wire cutters again for the skeleton and they aren't in inventory anymore.
Oh, I am having one of the problems I saw: the way the cursor stops sometimes or delays might be a better word for it.
I like the game and have actually already bought it, but I might ask for my money back! Katie

2itchy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 2itchy on Sep 12, 11 9:24 PM
Just great....had to quit Grim Tales The Bride last night cause it has a glitch and can't move forward till you guys figure that out, so I buy this one and the pic on screen is way too big and can't hit the buttons as they are cut off, and for the things I can click on the cursor doesn't match up to what you need...very frustrating! We shouldn't have to change any settings when it's a faulty game and don't like paying collector prices for a faulty game.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Sep 12, 11 10:16 PM
I had no problems with the game loading or playing quite enjoyable. But I could not get to the Bonus part of the game it was in the stragety (sp) part but no game. Could you help???????????????? Thank you

[Post New]by TheRaynMan on Sep 13, 11 10:38 AM
pgillenw wrote:Rope Missing: At the gas station, I broke in to the door (not the garage door but the other door that had boards on it). In the hidden object scene list is listed the item Rope. There exist no Rope. I used the Hint button and clicked all around the area it believes the Rope should be, in fact, I used the Hint several times and more clicking. There is simply no Rope to be found.

Turn on the flashlight

[Post New]by Roseyjane on Sep 13, 11 10:55 AM
I was not able to finish the game because of the miner's rings. Even though the game allows you to give more rings than called for to the skeletons, it will not allow you to move on. I replayed the entire game and was careful to give only the rings called for to each skeleton and I was able to finish it.
The game is entertaining but I am very disappointed with it's technical quality especially since I paid the CE price. The entire game is very jerky..by that I mean that the screens do not run smoothly and with ease. I also ran into a problem with the game freezing up and crashing at the scene with the hex wrench. Both times I played the game, I was forced to manually shut my computer down because everything froze up. There is also no consistency with inventory items, either. If it calls for 3 inventory items...sometimes it would let you use them without having all 3 and sometimes it wouldn't. I am disappointed that BF offered it as a CE with the existing technical problems. I took a chance and bought it with the CE price but am very sorry I did.

mcscooby
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mcscooby on Sep 13, 11 12:02 PM
Made it through the rings but won't let me do the puzzle on the door in the bonus section. Have all pieces and says I don't have enough. Up until now enjoyed the game.

mcscooby
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mcscooby on Sep 13, 11 12:02 PM
Made it through the rings but won't let me do the puzzle on the door in the bonus section. Have all pieces and says I don't have enough. Up until now enjoyed the game.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 13, 11 1:44 PM
Hi fishies!

We’re aware that some of you have been experiencing some trouble with the miner's rings.

We apologize for the trouble, and we’re currently trying to gather as much information as we can about the types of systems that are being affected by this.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/13/2011 at 1:44:37 PM PST

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

fixed my error message problem

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Sep 13, 11 1:53 PM
I kept getting an error mesage and then the game would shut down. I changed it from full screen to windowed mode and I was able to complete the whole game, including the bonus, with no further problems. I hope this will help the others having the same problem! Maybe switching to windowed mode would solve some of the other problems people are having?

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 13, 11 7:36 PM
No one has addressed this one but I lost the runes to play the puzzles in the door of the mausoleum. Did anyone have this same problem? I really hate to start this game over again, but there is nothing else I can do. The runes simply disappeared and now I cannot proceed.

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Sep 13, 11 7:51 PM
so after days of having this game I am barely half way through it because it keeps freezing up and I'm having to reboot my computer. This happens almost everytime i get into a mini game mode. Really upsetting that this is happening. If you look at my account you will see I own around 200 games so I pay and play alot of games and now after this game giving problems and one last week which was both CE, I'm really worried about down loading anymore. I don't do the trail, if the game looks good or if others rate it highly I buy it unfortuantly I bought it right when it came on here and wasn't any reviews, now I wish I would have waited.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 13, 11 10:50 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! At the end of the game when you are in the mine before you do anything click on the picture that will give you the last ring needed as long as you didn't forget to use the elephant key in the police station to open the trunk and get the 4th ring if you click anything but the picture in the mine at the last scene and you don't get the 5th ring that way you will have to start over Again don't click on anything else but the picture in the upper left side as long as you do that before you talk to the guy you will be able to have all 5 rings the first time I didnt click on picture and talked to the guy and couldn't click on the picture after he was done talking started over clicked on picture first got the key but them realized I still had the elephant key and only 4 rings I was able to go back to police station open trunk and get that ring start from the upper top left to put rings on!!!!! I hope this helps And another thing for me when game was over I couldn't find bonus but it is in main screen in the upper left it says PLAY Hope this helps you all out

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 13, 11 10:55 PM
mcscooby wrote:Made it through the rings but won't let me do the puzzle on the door in the bonus section. Have all pieces and says I don't have enough. Up until now enjoyed the game.
Did you add the gems to because at first I didn't and couldn't figure out what I was missing though I added all the pieces but you have to add the gems then the puzzle starts

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 13, 11 10:57 PM
skippy_tramp wrote:I had no problems with the game loading or playing quite enjoyable. But I could not get to the Bonus part of the game it was in the stragety (sp) part but no game. Could you help???????????????? Thank you
The bonus play is in the upper left corner of the screen in the main screen

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 13, 11 11:05 PM
Sforet71 wrote:so after days of having this game I am barely half way through it because it keeps freezing up and I'm having to reboot my computer. This happens almost everytime i get into a mini game mode. Really upsetting that this is happening. If you look at my account you will see I own around 200 games so I pay and play alot of games and now after this game giving problems and one last week which was both CE, I'm really worried about down loading anymore. I don't do the trail, if the game looks good or if others rate it highly I buy it unfortuantly I bought it right when it came on here and wasn't any reviews, now I wish I would have waited.
If your freezing when your using a net to get something I dont want to give to much away but if that is the part there is a glitches but i figured out how to get through it if it is freezing while what you just picked up is going into your inventory then just keep clicking on it I know that sounds stupid but after uninstalling and starting over thats what I didi as it was just frozen on my screen i just kept clicking sand moving my mouse around the item and clicking diffrent places on the item finaly after about 5 mins it went into my inventory I hope this is the right place your frozen at because there are a couple of them if you need anything just PM me so I don't spoil for anyone else

Go to: