Re:Syberia - Instructions on How To Play

[Post New]by ilmacf on Jan 24, 09 9:09 PM
I cannot get the game to save. I have played it then tried to save and it will not. I can't keep playing from the start - CRAZY - Help! Has anyone else had this problem??

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 24, 09 9:15 PM
ilmacf wrote:I cannot get the game to save. I have played it then tried to save and it will not. I can't keep playing from the start - CRAZY - Help! Has anyone else had this problem??
When I first started playing the game I had to double click in the black save area to get it to save. But later in the game it started saving with only one click. Maybe the double click will work for you too. I hope so. Good luck!

[Post New]by MsPinkerton on Jan 26, 09 8:20 AM
Hi! I hope someone can help me! I am stuck at the dam that Momo just broke and I have no idea what to do next! Please help! Thanx!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 26, 09 10:12 AM
MsPinkerton wrote:Hi! I hope someone can help me! I am stuck at the dam that Momo just broke and I have no idea what to do next! Please help! Thanx!
Go back down the path and look at the row boat and try to get the oar. Then go get Momo to help you with the oar.

[Post New]by MsPinkerton on Jan 26, 09 11:29 AM
Thank you! It worked!

[Post New]by efra123 on Feb 3, 09 3:03 AM
llilly wrote:I played both Syberia and Syberia 2 and they are among the best games I have played simply for the story, music and the beauty of the graphics. As a large file game, it is normally a leap of faith to download it, but if you like following clues that make the story unfold, picking up objects to make something work right, etc. you will love this game because it does those things so much better than Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, etc. I looked high and low for other games by this author, but these were the only ones he (she?) made that I can find. You can't die, you don't have to fight anything, and there is no blood or gore.

The best source for hints for this game and many others is at the Universal Hint System because you can reveal only a little bit of the hint at a time to just help you along when you are stuck, not reveal all of what to do unless you want to.

For Syberia, these hints are located at [URL Removed by Forum Moderator]

TomPop is right -- you get emotionally invested in this game and I felt sad it was over, but it had such a beautiful ending in Syberia 2. Have fun with it!

[Post New]by efra123 on Feb 3, 09 3:08 AM
I agree with Sea Anemone its is a superb game,well they both are,mind you Oscar is a poppet I may fall in love with him too.These are 2 of the most gorgeous games Ive played in a long while,had problems at the beginning but Big Fish recomended a new driver and now they are working wonderfully.

[Post New]by trish_48 on Feb 12, 09 3:18 PM
comicseller wrote:I talked to the notary and got the letter, but now I'm back in his waiting room looking for the key. It takes me to the desk and shows me the blotter with the automotrons but I can't make anything work and don't know what to do next.

Have the same problem. Cant get the key. Did you ever find out how and if so can you help me?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 12, 09 4:34 PM
trish_48 wrote:Have the same problem. Cant get the key. Did you ever find out how and if so can you help me?
The key is in the corner just before you go out the door to the street. It looks like it is in an umbrella stand by the door.

You can find a walkthrough for this game on Gameboomers. Good luck!

[Post New]by lostsoul09 on Feb 21, 09 10:43 PM
I have just downloaded syberia,I am stuck already,i made it to the hotel,got to the room, read the letter called the boss and picked up the gears on the floor.i have had her up and down the steps down the hall.i don't know what to do.this to is new to me i hope i am doing it wright .lostsoul09

[Post New]by dbenton on Feb 25, 09 8:19 AM
played the game for over 6 hours found alot of items need to play. stop the game hit save when went back was not saved please help Thanks Dee

[Post New]by lucycampbell055 on Feb 26, 09 5:39 PM
Okay, I give up. I can't get anything to do anything. I must be totally clueless. I've been trying to play this game for a month and gave up. I'm stuck. I don't know where to go from here and I don't know how to tell you what I've already done. I've built Oscar, I've been to the top of the church and found the tomb where you need a key for the robots hat, I've found the cylinder, I've wound up the train I've gotten my ticket, I've had the train paper notorized, but now I don't know what else to do. Oscar won't let us leave because he say's I haven't finished in the town. What else do I need to do. I also found the mammoth and placed that and the cylinder in the train, I know there is something I need to do in the office but I can't figure it out. Please HELP!!!!!

Lucy

[Post New]by marirae on Mar 2, 09 10:54 PM
I can't seem to understand how to save the game. There is no response to my clicking, and my keyboard is no use either. What's the trick? (I'm going to have trouble with solving this game if I can't even figure out how to Save!!)

[Post New]by Cherraine on Mar 6, 09 10:26 AM
I have downloaded Syberia and am enjoying the game, but for some reason I am unable to save the game. Also cut scene does not work. Can anyone advise?

[Post New]by violet3525 on Mar 6, 09 12:48 PM
Can any one help me to get the locks open in Syberia...i have been on the game for days but i cant work out how to open the lock....HELP ME PLEASE...

Edited on 03/06/2009 at 1:20:55 PM PST

[Post New]by violet3525 on Mar 6, 09 1:19 PM
violet3525 wrote:Can any one help me to get the locks open in Syberia...i have been on the game for days but i cant work out how to open the lock....HELP ME PLEASE...

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 6, 09 1:55 PM
violet3525 wrote:Can any one help me to get the locks open in Syberia...i have been on the game for days but i cant work out how to open the lock....HELP ME PLEASE...
There is a complete walkthrough for this game on Gameboomers. You should be able to open the locks by following the steps in the walkthrough. Good luck!

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Mar 27, 09 8:44 PM
There is also a walkthrough without spoilers at Universal Hint System
uhs-hints.com

[Post New]by sellerschic on Apr 12, 09 11:00 AM
please tell me where the ticket office is in Barrockstadt, and how do I get there i've everything required, i think. PLEASE HELP!!

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Apr 14, 09 10:44 PM
The ticket booth is on the left hand side of train (if you are facing the wall).
Hope that helps.

Go to: