Re:Post any Farm Frenzy: Viking Heroes technical issues here only

[Post New]by buttonsflyie on Sep 26, 11 12:28 PM
Well I have done everything and mine is still not working. Second game that has not worked considering I have had various laptops and been here for over 4 years.

Sick of it. Please sort your games. I have done all the updates etc. still nothing.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 26, 11 1:16 PM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like a number of you are experiencing a slow game or a crash when playing. If you could please take a look at the following help article for some updating instructions for your system, it might help resolve these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already gone through these steps, please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can assist you further. Please be sure to also attach a Dr. Felix report. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Sep 28, 11 12:05 AM
Mine is also laaagggggiiiinnnngggggg! One second on the clock lasts for three seconds. My computer isn't old and everything is up to date. So far, I've been playing for 3 days and only just reached level 72. Each level lasts about half an hour.

[Post New]by tnicoletay on Oct 1, 11 9:29 PM
mj8541 wrote:
TheRealDragon wrote:Anyone have the problem of the game running reaalaallly sloooooooowwww?

No option to reduce resolution or whatever, so I spent all my time watching the guy peddle his balloon.

Got gold on everything (since each second takes about three seconds to count off!) but still only made it to level five in an hour--it ran THAT slow!!!

Have you been able to solve this problem for yourself? I made sure my DirectX, video drivers, and everything was up to date, even uninstalled and reinstalled, and no luck yet....stillllllll slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

>>>>>i am having the same issue also; is there something im missing. have u figure out what the issue may be that is causing it to run so slow, every other game runs fine except this one<<<<<<<

[Post New]by Robin_Amsterdam on Oct 2, 11 2:58 PM
Lost for words...

Game slow in Standard mode & in the fire and ice levels of Adventure mode. Contacted Customer Support sep 27, no reply yet.

But this afternoon I replayed Asgard 10 (the long one) and a miracle has happened!

There's just one little problem with this miracle...

NOW THE GAME IS TOO FAST!!!

Products appearing (and disappearing!) in split seconds... can't follow the squirrel with the naked eye... predators in overdrive...

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

[Post New]by chinadoll414 on Oct 3, 11 12:30 AM
I'm also getting a ridiculous amount of lag in the Nilheim levels (I dunno what level number that is). I did get a game crash once early on, but everything has run fine since then. Until now, with the crazy SLOW gameplay. Checked my drivers and all that jazz. This is lame.

[Post New]by doddon on Oct 3, 11 4:58 PM
I too had the same problem with the game running really slowly in the higher levels. All my drivers and software up to date. In the end I ran the game in windowed mode and it ran at normal speed. It's a bit of a pain but you get used to the smaller window quite quickly and for me it was only in the last 5 or 6 levels.

dmha44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by dmha44 on Oct 14, 11 5:05 PM
I cannot pay to upgrade anything on my games. Is there something I am doing wrong?

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Oct 15, 11 7:37 AM
dmha44
For most upgrades you also need wood or stone. Scroll over the amount button and it will tell you how many wood or stone you need. Usually 1 for the first upgrade 2 for the second etc. Sometimes the sheep can make it other times you buy them.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Oct 15, 11 12:15 PM
I have had the game crash a number of times with a error screen that says something like
cProductionHouse::showNewPet
void cSimpleMoveEffect::taskFinish(void)*_data)
void cPersonage::process()
voidcSimpleMoveEffect::process()
void cLogic::process()
void cEngine::process()Error code 96edff.Restart the game please.

This most often seems to occur if I try to sell a dog as it is attacking a predator. It seems to be a fault in the code that does commit the dog to one or the other and continue. When the dog is committed to the predator you are trying to sell a dog that is not there and so processing nothing and the code in this case is not written to avoid the error that closes the game.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Oct 19, 11 9:58 AM
When doing a search on Farm Frenzy Viking Heroes . A lot of the serach results are coming up with a page not found.

Edited on 10/19/2011 at 9:58:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Chermo on Nov 13, 11 6:12 PM
I have gotten as far as Niflheim Ice 1 without any major problems. But on this leval my mouse is difficult to control. When I quit the level the mouse is back to it's normal self.

What do I need to do?

[Post New]by ms_goodwench on Jul 31, 12 5:32 AM
Standard Mode: Level 70 and above
Game goes into severe S-L-O-W motion

I thought it was a problem with my pc, went through numerous diagnostics and even re-installed game. My HP is fine, and is less than a year old.

I can replay any game in levels 1-69 and they work fine, every now and then I still get a quirky movement in the animation - which occurred during the first gameplay. I assume this is from the numerous processes Win7 runs. Even the MS techs could not figure out why this issue exists, they ran onboard diagnostics on my pc and said 8G memory should be blistering fast but it is not any faster than my old 2G memory on XP - lol.

The S-L-O-W motion issue began at level 70. After all diagnostics, trying to play Level 70-73 just gave me a headache - lol! There must be a serious program issue. I also noticed that unlike the other BF games, it closes the BigFish game manager when I open the game.

Any fix in the future?
I enjoyed the game.

Thanks.
I will attach a Dr Felix report in an hour or so. Here I go trying to play those levels again. Tylenol please .....

Edited on 07/31/2012 at 5:34:39 AM PST

[Post New]by ms_goodwench on Aug 1, 12 7:52 AM
I found some bios and chipset updates after a few hours of digging around that needed to be installed from the pc manufacturer website. Strange that they were not obvious on the chipset manufacturer's website.
When I get through with this time consuming boring process - - I will reinstall the game and see what happens.
Be back later.
Now if only the electricity does not go off again ......

[Post New]by Stoogemaster on Apr 7, 13 8:47 PM
OK here is what I did to make the game run faster
you right click on the EXE icon that starts the game and go to
Properties then click on compatibility then click the box Run in 640 X 480
If you are running windows 7 click on the box
Disable Display scaling on high DPI settings
then press apply and try playing the game
It is sad that you have to have crappy graphics on a computer with HD and high Rez
but when you have such a LOW class game you might have to bring your computer down to it's level for it to work.

I have never had a problem with this game I have beet it 4 times in all categories.
But when I see all you having these problems all I could come up with is this
I hope it works
Your friend Stoogemaster

Go to: