bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Urban Legends: The Maze technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 17, 11 9:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm coming in to sticky this thread to make it the official technical issues thread. If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 17, 11 9:19 AM
Dear BF, I think you may be having the problem with the game termination, not the game. It is happening on more than today's game. It's also happening on games that have been purchased and played previously. Please check and see if you are having problems. Thank you.

It's like a timer is set to send you back to the game manager after so many minutes.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 9:23:27 AM PST

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by johanna9 on Sep 17, 11 9:34 AM
None of my games are playing for more than a minute??????? Was fine yesterday. What a messed up thing

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Sep 17, 11 9:35 AM
The game has frozen my computer twice, during the first HOS and then during the first minigame (connect the pipes). I'm hesitant to try it again. I unplug my modem so that I can disable Norton, hoping to use less memory. I don't know if that may be causing the problem. I was really hoping to buy this one.

[Post New]by rcpc484 on Sep 17, 11 9:37 AM
Same issue here. Allows me to play for a minute or two then the game shuts down. Hope they find a fix for this as the game looks good!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 17, 11 9:37 AM
I get as far as the first hidden object screen and the game ends and goes out to the desktop. That happened twice. The third time I got as far as the pipes puzzle and out it went to the desk top.

Edited on 09/17/2011 at 9:46:37 AM PST

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by johanna9 on Sep 17, 11 10:25 AM
Why isn't anyone else freaking out on here about not being able to play any of their games now? Is it just the two of us????
I have 2 computers and was told I could use each for my games so have duplicates and wonder if this is the problem because my Vista is working fine, it's my new win7 that is messing up.. anyone know??

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on Sep 17, 11 10:32 AM
I think it's just games that are downloaded today. I have a game that was already downloaded on my computer and it's fine. I downloaded another game today that I bought and played in July (with no problems back then) and it did the same thing as this new game. After a couple of minutes it stopped and sent me back to the game manager.

I have scanned my computer for a virus and malware and they show neither on my computer. I think BF might have developed some type of glitch. I have msg'd one of the moderators and also reported it to BF. No replies yet.

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Post any Urban Legends: The Maze technical issues here only

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Sep 17, 11 10:38 AM
Gamesetter_ wrote:I get the main menu, but as soon as I press "Play" I get an error an the screen is black.

Access Violation at 0x004AD6B2
tried to read from (0x000000F4) program terminated

I'm getting that too...I did the beta and it worked fine

[Post New]by ShyThang51 on Sep 17, 11 10:50 AM
Not only can I play this game, not one of my Big Fish games is playing. I don't think this is a technical issue with just this game.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 17, 11 11:00 AM
I'm with gamesetter, click the play button and the screen goes black and your cursor arrow is only visable in the middle of the screen. I beta tested this game and there were no techinicals. Was the new GM in play then? Oh well, on to T.V. to watch some college game.

Nietos9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nietos9 on Sep 17, 11 11:08 AM
My is turning off every minute. You can play for a minute and then have to restart!!! Are they going to fix this?
Sweetpea10

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Technical Issue for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 17, 11 11:19 AM
I'm trying again on both W7 64-bit, and on Mac. Difference is that Mac downloading 900+ MB and PC version 300+ MB. Well, both still on a go slow. It's not my wifi connection as I D/L other files with rapid results!
I just hope after TWELVE hours of trying, I finally get to demo this game as I'm fast running out of patience :-(
These slow D/Ls only started just before new GM was released. Then it continued with slow D/Ls. Then, it suddenly speeded up and I thought all issues solved.
Now...back to square one.

Same here what a disappointment...I'm using MAC !!!

Path

Part 2

Once it did finally download, played demo & love it. Bought it a keeper

Path

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Sep 17, 11 11:24 AM
I want to buy this game, but there is no "BUY IT" nor "TRY IT" option above the title, "Urban Legends: The Maze"

I purchased a CE today and understand that with the CE and one (1) standard game, I would get a free game (this weekend only). Please help me buy this game.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Sep 17, 11 11:24 AM
I want to buy this game, but there is no "BUY IT" nor "TRY IT" option above the title, "Urban Legends: The Maze"

I purchased a CE today and understand that with the CE and one (1) standard game, I would get a free game (this weekend only). Please help me buy this game.

Jenoli
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jenoli on Sep 17, 11 11:24 AM
I am having the same problem as lots of you. I press play after downloading the demo, I start the first **** scene and it just cuts out for no apparent reason. I go back in again and have to start the **** scene again and it just cuts out again. What a shame. There are some good reviews from those who can play it!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 17, 11 11:26 AM
riverrat939 wrote:I am using a MacBook Pro with a fast internet connection. The first 21% of this game downloaded very quickly but then became stuck at 32%. After about an hour with it sitting at 32%, I trashed the file. Based on the number of people reporting problems, there is obviously something wrong with this game. BFG, please get this fixed.

Did you get there in the end? I'm using Macbook Pro, and been trying to D/L for 12 hours! It gets to 35 % and then stops.....
I'm determined not to give up, as this game would look fab on a Mac! First time I get a PC and Mac release on same day and it fails.
Maybe a BFG prob, in which case hopefully it get fixed very soon.

Jenoli
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jenoli on Sep 17, 11 11:28 AM
ShyThang51 wrote:Not only can I play this game, not one of my Big Fish games is playing. I don't think this is a technical issue with just this game.

That's happened to me too. Tried to play another game and it cut out too!

djones6254
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by djones6254 on Sep 17, 11 11:28 AM
carolina67 wrote:Mine d/l ok. It just turns off after a few minutes. Bummer for sure.

I am having the same issue. I go to play it and it shuts down after a few mins. This is the second game in a row that has had issues. This isn't looking good for BF at the moment.

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Sep 17, 11 11:42 AM
Valdy wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
Valdy wrote:

I also use Win7 (64-bit), and had no problems with the demo.
Me too, and no problems. I bought the game and can play.

Hey Dobbiemijnboekje... (gosh, what a name)

Do you also have 64-bit? Because 64-bit handles large amounts of RAM more effectively than 32-bit, so peeps with 32-bit computer could have problems with some games.

Ok, then please explain, why Beta and Demo runs fine?
Why some people with 64-bit do have the same problem?
Why there is ever and ever again aceess violation problems?
Why do people nowhere else have this problems, just downloading at BFG?

It is the game manager I suppose or what ever, but the problem is most likely at BFG not the peoples pc (at least as long all drivers are up to date and I suppose most of the regular users finally know about updating drivers.)

Go to: