LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Bride technical issues here only

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Feb 25, 12 9:29 PM
I just downloaded this game today and am having a problem. Three times now the game has kicked me out and my computer reboots on its own. The last two times, I've gotten a message that my data is corrupted and will not be saved. I'm stuck back at the profile and I have to start all over again. Can anyone help? Thanks!

[Post New]by MYSTERY_LOVER on Mar 3, 12 7:36 AM
I CANT GET THE TORCH TO BURN THE ROPE HOPE THE SACK IN THE AMPITHEATER BASEMENT.

[Post New]by ksjayhawk01 on Mar 4, 12 1:00 AM
The hoist motor looks nice and shiny. The lever is in place. The game says they aren't. I can't find any more oil or another lever. I can't go any further. This is not good.

Mohlin
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mohlin on Mar 7, 12 12:40 PM
I had the problem with the star-slider mini-game and reinstalled the game and that worked, but in the next chapter I couldn't quit the game. Down by the water, after a HO scene, neither the "main menu" nor the "resume" button worked. Had to start the task manager to quit. I don't know if it saved my progress.

[Post New]by simonthedog on Mar 15, 12 2:11 PM
I am having the same prob. as many of your players with the hoist/lever...I'm surprised you haven't fixed the problem yet....can you let me know when you do fix it or do I have to keep checking here ?

ME, TOO! I cannot believe there has been no post about this considering how many people have had this problem...maybe it is time for a refund :-(

[Post New]by minervabradley on Apr 5, 12 1:15 PM
Wish I had read all the posts about the lever & the hoist before I bought the game! Will this be fixed or are we just meant to uninstall & forget about it? I can't be bothered going back to the start.

[Post New]by sunflowersmith on Apr 19, 12 10:47 AM
karatopa wrote:having problems with game freezing on sliding box puzzles have to close game with task manager when i go back in it is still in same place with same problem only downloaded a couple of days ago so it should be new version shouldnt it im on free trial at t he moment really enjoying it but now dont think i dare buy it

karatopa

I have the same problem i bought the game, and i can only get this far before it freezes... I exited out three times, it went to the same place still frozen. I started a new game and it froze in the same spot again... trying to reinstall now.. but don't know if ill buy another after this.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on May 3, 12 4:21 PM
I just recently purchased the game with a credit. The demo played just fine...although I played continually til the demo ended, and still had 17 minutes to spare of my allotted 60.

My problem is I can't quit the game. When I click on menu, the game is frozen at the menu screen. Clicking main menu does nothing and I have to use task manager to exit. Of course I lose some information and have to backtrack. Very irritating.

[Post New]by andrea4880 on Jun 4, 12 7:27 PM
Yep, sliding puzzle freeze also. Uninstalled, reinstalled, same problem. Unistalled, reinstalled again but this time just skipped through puzzle instead of trying to solve it. Success! I could proceed. However, now it's doing the same thing with the treasure chest puzzle in the aquarium. Skipping doesn't help this time. It just freezes as soon as the puzzle is solved. Very frustrating.

Also the game freezes right at the beginning when you find Luisa's diary and you click on the photo to take you back in time. Used game manager to get out and back in and that solved it.

This is the first game I've ever encountered these kinds of problems with, and I own almost 50 games!

I guess I'll have to contact tech support to see if there is a trouble shoot available.

[Post New]by Crazylady02 on Jul 2, 12 9:40 AM
I keep getting told the my resultion isn't right or my card isn't compatible
i was able to play earlier

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 2, 12 11:14 AM
Hi Crazylady02,

First, I'd try updating the drivers for your graphics card. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If you try that and are still getting those error messages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into what's going and suggest some more troubleshooting ideas for your specific system.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by zooboka on Jul 11, 12 3:42 PM
like everyone else game freezes not fun or funny

[Post New]by Dancin1975 on Jul 13, 12 2:17 PM
Just wanted to say...I too have the freezing problem at the four balls puzzle. I know I have latest game update (just purchased today) and all my drivers and such are up to speed (just bought this pc brand new 2 weeks ago). Please...can't you fix the problem instead of sending US to support there is obviously a bug somewhere. Thank you and thank you for providing a wonderful gaming site.

[Post New]by KarenfromWI on Jul 22, 12 3:55 PM
So, it's July, 2012, and the lever/oilcan issue is still not fixed? Nor have you addressed it on this forum.. Not happy.

[Post New]by Tassja_Plummer on Jul 23, 12 4:52 PM
KarenfromWI wrote:So, it's July, 2012, and the lever/oilcan issue is still not fixed? Nor have you addressed it on this forum.. Not happy.

Nor am I. You sold this game as a bargain issue. No wonder. Where do I go to get my credit back. I have better things to do than uninstall & reinstall games.

[Post New]by KarenfromWI on Jul 24, 12 5:22 PM
I think I've figured out how to bypass the problem! Hold on to the lever and oil can until the end. Then, approach the mechanism, apply the oil, apply the lever. Don't do them separately! Ran through it three times, and it worked every time! Hope this helps a few people!

[Post New]by Patty013 on Jul 28, 12 2:52 PM
I am also stuck on the engine. Lever is in place and I used the oil but nothing moves and the game doesn't even seem to acknowledge that I placed the lever and used the oil! I just bought this game and the complaints I'm reading are from as far back as December of last year....why isn't this being addressed! I'm a good customer and now feel I've been ripped off! I'd like an answer!

mcph
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mcph on Sep 24, 12 4:14 PM
MaryLent wrote:I applied both the oilcan and the lever to the device to lower the platform. Still says needs oil and lever????

[Post New]by destiny53215 on Oct 5, 12 5:13 PM
addedtouchfloral wrote:I can not pull the lever in the hankerchief chapter. The lever is installed and the rusthas been removed and no matter where i click nothing happens. Also the games flickers all the time

pysanky13
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Oct 14, 12 5:36 PM
Worked fine until after I recovered the handkerchief. After the man spoke to end this area, I wanted to quit. Same problem as a previous poster-brought up options to quit to main menu but clicking anything did not work; even to go back to the game-could not get to main menu so just X'd out. do not know if I lost anything yet.
Enjoy the game and graphics so far!

Update: game was saved and works fine after playing again the next day.

New problem: after doing the mosaic on the door in the dinning room, the pantry would not open. I had finished it correctly but it just sat there. I finally had to use the Skip button and then the pantry opened.

Edited on 10/15/2012 at 7:30:48 PM PST

Go to: