Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jennsmom44 on Sep 18, 11 9:18 PM
good to know i'm not the only one having problems with this game and also others. seems like problems of games crashing are happening a LOT more often. i am almost ready to say goodbye to BF.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 18, 11 11:13 PM
well I could download no problem with this game but for some reason I cannot fathom there is no game cursor. I would expect more from a CE but as there is no cursor control I can't play this game. What a disappointment, looked good too. No play = no buy.

dreamlass
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by dreamlass on Sep 19, 11 2:57 AM
lovely62 wrote:i can'[t understand after a about 10 minutes in the game my computer froze and i had to cold boot up my computer, If this game freezes again I will delete the game..

i had the same thing downloaded trial and went to play closed down twice in less than 1min each time a no go for me wont muck around with tech issues with these games

rowan987
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by rowan987 on Sep 19, 11 3:00 AM
I am having the same problems as I had with The Maze yesterday, I have tried it 3 times and I've got a little bit further each time before it crashes. I don't see any point in even trying to demo a game if this is going to happen each time. Everything was working perfectly until yesterday.

[Post New]by hannibal884 on Sep 19, 11 5:03 AM
Glad I am not the only one having problems with this game. Keeps closing down after a minute of play. I give up !!! Sort it Big Fish

prspice5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by prspice5 on Sep 19, 11 8:20 AM
uwflossi wrote:Hello dear Fishies, dl was o.k. But no it says my trial period is over. I have never ever played this game. Grrr.

same problem here

[Post New]by waypissedoff on Sep 19, 11 8:24 AM
yes i agree big fish needs to get on the ball i am not happy with the gm is behaving

EWK24
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by EWK24 on Sep 19, 11 11:04 AM
Upon further investigation, this problem is not only affecting this particular download. It happened again when I tried to play Sacra Terra which I had purchased a while ago. I am really not happy now. The game opens, but shuts down and returns to the game manager only seconds later. Look, I don't mind being patient while glitches are fixed in the new games. That is to be expected. But when I am unable to play the games that I have previously purchased, that is not acceptable.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Sep 19, 11 11:08 AM
Some small consolation to hear that lots of folk are having the same issues as I am. Games quitting after a few seconds, trial expired messages on games you've never even seen before etc etc. I currently have 5 unplayed/unfinished games and I can't play any of them. Waste of money? Better not be............
This one is a trial expired one. **** hum

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 19, 11 12:59 PM
i'm sure by now most fishies are aware that there is a possibleissue with macafee users being unable to play. I, along with a bunch of other members have contacted customer support and they are working on it. now i will tell you what I finally did. This is just my possible fix and in no way am telling you all to do this, since I am not a techie,but after days of reading the problems that everyone,including myself was having, I was desperate. I have confidence that bfg and mac will fix it, but until they do.... Do not uninstall your macafee. find another antivirusand download it. during the instalation it will note that you have another av i.e. macafee you will then have the option to uninstall mac. Don't worry about all the alerts mac sends as soon as your alternate av is fully installed just set it up as per their instructions. uninstall GM and the game. come back to bf and download the game. This will automatically install GM, the new old version. Game plays without fading off to your desktop. Now this next may be construed as a spoiler but I'm posting it in plain sight anyway since i don't want any one getting that sinking not again feeling. The game itself has a lot of scenes with just a black screen.Don't know if it's by design or a glitch, but it soon continues on.i was able to play the trial. now i'm going back to check out my other games. As i said, this was just what i did. it probably would be better to wait for the fix, which I know will be forthcoming. I am a semi invalid anddon't have much i am capable of doing and got desperate. i think the problem is in the latest dat. file that mac updated on the 17th, but then again, let the techies do their job

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Sep 19, 11 1:00 PM
The furthest I managed to get was the front of the cottage, no game play at all. It is so frustrating. These are good games and I would dearly love to continue the game and of course buy it. I hope BF fix the problem so that we can all enjoy the game in its full glory. Thanks BF, we have confidence in you,

[Post New]by certainblue on Sep 19, 11 1:02 PM
Have been waiting for ages for an interesting game - since I very much enjoyed the two previous ML games; was excited to see this. Now I'm just frustrated: have attempted uninstalling & reinstalling the game; reinstalling game manager, and restarting my system. After reading the Technical Issues thread more thoroughly, I just tried turning off my McAfee firewall - game still no workee. What happens is: whether I let the cut scene play through or click on "Skip," I either get knocked out of the game or am taken back to the game's home page/main menu.

This is insane. After being unable to get it to work last night after downloading, this morning I thought I'd give it a try again & do my customary play-game-while-drinking-coffee before diving into work thing. Uh... not so much.

I mean, I know BF will refund if I ask but I was looking forward to this game! Precious few of late that are of any interest, otherwise...

Edited on 09/19/2011 at 1:03:22 PM PST

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by cindybuns on Sep 19, 11 1:54 PM
I happen to be having problems as well; the game loaded ok; I had to change the screen to regular; but whenever I try to play the game; the screen stays on for about a minute or just a little more than bounces to the game manager which then says I've played the game for a few minutes.

Please help this is really getting to me; is there anyone out there who can help? From the looks of the game the graphics look great but since I only saw the beginning for a minute I can't really tell about the rest of it. I've restarted my PC even ran a virus check---nothing seems to be wrong.

Does anyone out there have any answers?

Very frustrated if you can't fix this problem no one will be able to buy this game.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Sep 19, 11 2:03 PM
I have an almost infinite amount of patience. Almost. I finally finished playing this game - with it crashing every ten minutes. sometimes even more frequently even than that. I went to begin the bonus chapter and it crashed for the upteenth time. I've had my fill. this is a wonderful game but....I'VE HAD ENOUGH AND I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

this is, beyond any doubt, the worst gaming experience I've ever had. I could have just given it up, I know. But I didn't. McAfee Security has been around for years and years and years. It isn't a new security system by any means. Windows 7 has been around for awhile. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm not happy. Not happy at all. And based on past experience when there's a technical glitch with a game, you may wait for the fix, but you may be waiting forever...just sayin'.
Do I regret purchasing the game? I'm not sure. But I'm uninstalling w/out playing the bonus chapter. It simply is not worth it. I've been having problems with crashes of late, and before I make any more game purchases I will make sure that these problems are resolved. I'm certainly advising caution for those who haven't yet purchased the game.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 19, 11 3:12 PM
again I will iterate I'm not a techie. The problem is not macafee per se but periodically all av identifies a file erroneously as a threat when you get a dat file update that file name may be included. If real time scanning is on, the av will disable it if it encounters it to protect your computer. I am not sure if that is the problem, this time, but a few years ago that is exactly what happened. Macafee systematically quarantined that file which was essential to running theose games. macafee and BFG worked together to get a fix. It worked!!!!

[Post New]by panamak on Sep 19, 11 3:29 PM
game keeps exiting out, have tried 3 different profiles, have uninstalled and reinstalled, not working

ruadhan
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by ruadhan on Sep 19, 11 3:43 PM
Having the same problem; game starts up, everything is going fine, then it suddenly shuts down for no reason.

Restart, same thing happens again.

Got an error message saying another game was running at the same time - no, it wasn't.

What is going on? Please don't tell me I'll have to uninstall and reinstall all over again.

Shame that this is happening, because it looks great and I'd love to be able to play it straight through!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 19, 11 3:51 PM
rowan987 wrote:I am having the same problems as I had with The Maze yesterday, I have tried it 3 times and I've got a little bit further each time before it crashes. I don't see any point in even trying to demo a game if this is going to happen each time. Everything was working perfectly until yesterday.

Hi rowan987,

It sounds like you're experiencing the issue that we've found to be related to McAfee Security software, which we are working hard with McAfee to fix this ASAP.

We apologize greatly for the inconvenience, and please keep an eye on the following thread for updates as we learn more about the situation.

Updates on the McAfee related crash issue

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/19/2011 at 3:53:02 PM PST

nyyykfan
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by nyyykfan on Sep 19, 11 8:18 PM
I am having the same problem. This happens while I am gathering the items from the cellar. Same error message also. What is going on.

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Sep 19, 11 10:54 PM
Spent way too much time trying to get this game to play more than a minute - followed all of the instructions on the Frequent Crashing of Game link - and it still didn't play. Simply closed after 1 minute, all three times I tried. It didn't stall, but shut down and returned to the game manager. I'm disappointed, because the very first one I ever played was a Mystery Legends: Phantom of the Opera, loved and purchased it. Sorry I can't buy this one.

Go to: