Welcome to Syberia forum

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Welcome to Syberia forum

[Post New]by Brandyco on Mar 22, 09 3:06 PM
bluladymt wrote:I'm in the same boat. Quite frankly, I am ready to dump the game. Walk.talk, and more walking. Never get anywhere past the first day.

That's too bad. I really enjoyed the game but perhaps it moves a bit too slow for some. Don't know where you're stuck in the game but if you've already checked into the hotel and seen your room, try checking in with your boss on your phone. That gives you your first concrete task (the notary).

If you'd still like to play the game and want a good walkthrough, try Univerasl Hint System. They have a step by step walkthrough.

Good luck.

Edited on 03/22/2009 at 4:05:45 PM PST

[Post New]by robert97 on Mar 23, 09 8:53 PM
I was very disappointed by the game. Boring, slow, and too complicated. Nothing like Return to Ravenhearst, Redrum, Dracula: path of the dragon, or Dracula Origin which I found to be the best so far. I am going to avoid games created by the same company as Syberia

DylNana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DylNana on Mar 26, 09 11:19 PM
I absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed Syberia, and then immediately got 2. Wow, what an adventure. I was sorry it ended !!

:Welcome to Syberia forum

[Post New]by theresa2364 on Apr 1, 09 9:49 AM
naynayjordan wrote:Has anyone else had an issue with the game crashing?? When i try to go back to university after retreiving the egg i go to black screen and have to restart my computer!! i have tried going via the bridge and via the train and both ways end in the same result. NOT happy.

[Post New]by theresa2364 on Apr 1, 09 9:52 AM
Hi I am also getting very frustrated and annoyed at exactly the same point. Will have to report problem. I have installed Direct X 10 so it cant be that. Dont want to ask for a new coupon as really want to finish the game

[Post New]by theresa2364 on Apr 1, 09 11:46 AM
teriph wrote:
naynayjordan wrote:Has anyone else had an issue with the game crashing?? When i try to go back to university after retreiving the egg i go to black screen and have to restart my computer!! i have tried going via the bridge and via the train and both ways end in the same result. NOT happy.

[Post New]by theresa2364 on Apr 1, 09 11:48 AM
H i, I just had a thought after replying to you amd here goes. Yahoo it works. I just upgraded my NVIDIA VIDEO CARD and now i'm back in play. You try the same with whatever your VIDEO CARD IS and good luck

[Post New]by theresa2364 on Apr 1, 09 2:07 PM
teriph wrote:

elanie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by elanie on Apr 9, 09 2:53 PM

Edited on 04/09/2009 at 2:54:20 PM PST

elanie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by elanie on Apr 9, 09 2:57 PM
i know it has ben a while but i saw your post from Jan. and my computer is doing same thing after getting egg did you fix this or what i really wanted to complete it was growing on me and i liked it after playing for a while

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Apr 14, 09 10:46 PM
I did a windows update and updated my video drivers and it stopped crashing.

Welcome to Syberia forum

[Post New]by CafeLatte7 on May 8, 09 2:59 PM
i need help! i have the walkthrough, but sometimes that doesn't help. the screen is very dark and i have adjusted my brightness and etc to no avail. at the moment i'm stuck at the alcove by the church's side door. i place the cogs but cannot find the lever. where is it?

[Post New]by prplmn78 on Jun 28, 09 12:49 PM

[Post New]by 1Mizmod on Jun 29, 09 8:15 PM
nannu1996 wrote:
mitchie55 wrote:i can get ABSOLUTELY no where with this game....walk the streets for hours. what's the catch????

Having the same problem and just begining to use the forum. Any answers

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 18, 09 11:26 AM
I just finished this game and I absolutely loved it. I'm downloading Syberia II and I hope it's even better than the first one!!

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Jul 18, 09 8:07 PM
gojojogo wrote:To save the game you need to click on an empty, black square. Then it will be saved with a picture and the date and time.

That did not work for me and I just know I will have to go throught the whole game again up to the point where I left off to figure it out again. Darn it!!! Is there a trick to that, saving the game I mean?

annabelle2006
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Welcome to Syberia forum Can't find " Oscar".

[Post New]by annabelle2006 on Aug 4, 09 2:11 AM
I kepp going in and out - but can not seem to locate him.
I did find Oscar - finally - but can not seem to "make'" the correct legs for him. What did I forget??

Edited on 08/04/2009 at 3:31:27 AM PST

Re:Welcome to Syberia forum Can't find " Oscar".

[Post New]by big_fish_ahead on Aug 23, 09 2:02 PM
annabelle2006 wrote:I kepp going in and out - but can not seem to locate him.
I did find Oscar - finally - but can not seem to "make'" the correct legs for him. What did I forget??

Go screen forward to leave the office. Go screen left to the stairs leading up to a small platform. At the top of the stairs, stand in front of the assembly line control panel. Note that the needle in the large upper dial is vibrating which indicates that the factory's power is on. Take out Oscar's card and place it in the slot under the engraved Voralberg name. Move the six levers to the right until you see number three come alive with a red light indicator. Also note that dial number three on the left panel now displays a yellow light. That's all you can do for now. Go back down the stairs and continue on past Anna's office to the main floor of the factory. Go out through the middle screen main entrance and return to the central fountain.

Take the next path to Kate's left. Walk on down to the covered warehouse area to see a large gray metal barrel on a platform. Go to the lever on the post back and right of the platform, and click on it. An automated crane will appear and rapidly transport the metal barrel through the doorway in the factory wall.

Go back to the fountain and return down the second path to the factory. Once inside, go left twice and activate the fork lift automaton. The fork lift follows its familiar route and will take the barrel delivered from the outside warehouse, out on the floor to the assembly line. Go back to the control panel upstairs on the platform to the left of Anna's office. Verify that the punch card Oscar gave you is in the control panel's center slot. The number three red light is shining on the right side panel. And, the yellow light shows in the number three position on the left panel. You're ready to make some legs! Click the lower left lever with the black knob to the light gold color. Then pull the opposite black lever on the right. A new set of legs for Oscar will be produced on the assembly line, in a fascinating cutscene.

Leave the control panel and return down the stairs to the factory floor. When you get to the floor, go screen right over by the first position of the assembly line. Kate should be standing beside the first pillar structure in front of the main entrance doors. Now, go screen right to the last row of assembly lines until you can see Oscar's new legs in the receptacle at the end of the line. Pick up Oscar's legs in a close up. Exit the view. Take Oscar's the legs back screen twice and screen left twice to the automaton workshop, where Oscar is not so patiently waiting.

Take the new legs out of your inventory and offer them to Oscar. Oh, oh! He just may tell you immediately that you have made the wrong legs.

If this happens, just go back up the stairs to the control panel and make sure you select the light gold color in the color window. Pull the lever to the right again and, when the cutscene ends, go back down to the end of the assembly line (main floor, screen right) and get the correct pair of Oscar's legs. When you have the right pair, take them to Oscar in the workshop. He will immediately attach them and express his profound gratitude to Kate. Then he's off to find his train.

P.S.Does anyone know if Syberia is compatible with vista? I installed the game and it keeps saying that the 1st cd is needed, although I have it in the dvd drive.

Edited on 08/23/2009 at 2:12:32 PM PST

[Post New]by kingkong64 on Aug 29, 09 2:46 AM
Try before you buy.... go to iwin.com. You can download this game and many other large file games for a one hour free trial.

Sorry BFG but it looks like there's some serious competition out there for you!!

[Post New]by nancyhucksfollis on Aug 30, 09 7:32 AM
I love the Syberia 1 and 2 does anyone know if there willa next Syberia--Thanks

Go to: