textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:might get spanked, but i dont care, shame on you bfg

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 30, 11 7:28 PM
I was just gonna send you a PM in case you didn't see the post!

I thought it was so nice of NevoSoft to do that! And I didn't want you to miss out!

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on Oct 1, 11 9:21 AM
textrekkie wrote:Hey sweet annita! We did get the extended version in the form of an update to the game. If you re-download the game, you'll get the new version. It was something that NevoSoft did for us, free of charge. So anyone who buys the game here will get what other sites are selling as the "extended version".

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/172459.page

Knowing this I might change my opinion and buy this game...

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 1, 11 4:29 PM
Okay after reading that the ending is cut off to this version of Lost Souls I am just a bit carped off. I had only waited for the SE since I had already gotten two of the paintings and after reading the reviews most seemed to state that the CE wasn't worth it and wait for the SE. I still haven't had the chance to sit down and play this version but will be very upset if this is true and will have to upgrade only to get the ending. I agree with everyone else that this is unfair and not the right way to market items.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 1, 11 8:26 PM
textrekkie wrote:Hey sweet annita! We did get the extended version in the form of an update to the game. If you re-download the game, you'll get the new version. It was something that NevoSoft did for us, free of charge. So anyone who buys the game here will get what other sites are selling as the "extended version".

Only PCs have the extended edition. Macs did not get this.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 1, 11 9:09 PM
vingilot wrote:

Oh, nuts! I'm sorry, ving! Maybe soon...

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 1, 11 10:02 PM
textrekkie wrote:
vingilot wrote:

Oh, nuts! I'm sorry, ving! Maybe soon...

Thanks, tex.

The dev never even responded to my email asking if they're going to put out an EE for the Mac version. I'm hoping, but I'm not holding my breath.

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by agedog1 on Oct 2, 11 5:16 PM
I buy games regularly. Some of the games I buy don't work about 1 in 5, but they do give me credit.

I like the SE's because the CE's cost more and there's just not that much to the CE's to justify the extra expenditure.

Think BFG should go with more of the SE's - Sorry gang but I'm not willing to pay the extra money for 30 or even 1 hour extra game time - NOT WORTH IT

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 2, 11 5:46 PM
I usually buy the CEs but only because I want to play a new hog that day. I am usually disappointed at the length of most of them, and honestly don't feel the bonus chapter, which is usually an hour or less, is worth the additional cost. However, I also think that CEs are no longer true CEs and that BF has actually gone to two tier pricing; they just don't want to admit it yet, so the CE facade continues. I also don't like the fact that they move threads like this one to a particular game forum, rather than leaving it in CCC, where it started. After all, though it may initally refer to a particular game, the comments are related to all of them. But that is a BF way of dealing with issues that they would prefer to continue under the table...so do get buried.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Oct 2, 11 6:51 PM

Just saw this, man I wish I'd seen this earlier today, I could have easily redownloaded it, I bought it a while ago, that's so on my list of things to do next weekend lol.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 2, 11 9:03 PM
LOL - Don't feel bad, Auron. I've known about it, have it downloaded, but haven't been able to get to it yet.

[Post New]by lindaham on Oct 13, 12 8:18 AM
cme550 wrote:I know now to check the forums before buying a game to see if the ending is included with the SE's now. This is not fair to those of us who want to wait and purchase the SE, or cannot afford to purchase the CE.

Thank you!!! All of you...I thought it was just me..But these games and their JUST ending really upsets me.. You aren't getting what you think you are

northpolejo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by northpolejo on Oct 13, 12 9:06 AM
The problem with checking the forums, if you're referring to reviews, is that you have to pick through them really carefully. A lot of reviewers review the wrong version of a game, so you have to really pay attention. (I don't think BF should allow an SE review when you played CE, but that's a whole other issue)

Go to: