Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Hookedgamer on Oct 4, 11 2:02 PM
grammyapples wrote:Why does this game not have a save feature?
After playing for awhile twice I returned to play again and I had to start all over!
Anyone else having this problem?

Glad (sort of) I'm not the only one with this problem; it's neither saving my game nor my profile.

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 4, 11 11:27 PM
nebulla_69 wrote:I searched the tech issues list trying to see if anyone had the strange problem I encountered when playing this game. Nope no-one had. I was several hours into playing the game when life happened and I left-off playing for a while. When I came back...this is so hard to explain... it looked like the game was bleeding or rather like someone had left a just painted canvass outside in the rain and all the colours had ran together. Everywhere I clicked the scenes shimmered and glinted with long pixel-like streaks. I exited the game and re-started but this did not help, so I exited again but this time I closed down by computer and restarted and the game seem to be working OK now....

What a CREEPY experience it sounds like you had, Nebulla69! If I ever saw something like that on my computer, I'd either panic that it was some horrible virus, or that my computer was in the process of dying before my eyes! A Trojan Horse really DID kill my previous computer, which is why your description sent shivers down my spine.

I came here looking to see if anyone was having my problem, but it doesn't appear anyone has, as of yet, or else they have yet to report it here. I've purchased several games, lately, so haven't had a chance to get very far with several of them. This game is one of my new purchases. The demo trial went fine, but I'm still in Chapter 1 (I'm a slow player). Though I got into the guard's room, with the video monitors, and completed the HOG game there, it wasn't until I went out & finished the archery game that I found that I didn't get the strap for the sharpening wheel, that I SHOULD have gotten, when I finished the earlier HOG.

I hadn't checked or used the SG, prior to discovering that the game wants me to fix the sharpening wheel, but I don't have the necessary strap. I can't get the strap, since I already played the HOG where I should have been given it. Thus, I'm not able to move forward with the game.

From reading several of the postings here, I'm starting to wonder if this is one of those computer games that REQUIRES one to perform every single task, precisely as outlined in the SG. I avoid using the SG, if possible, & just check it if I'm stuck. Thus, I'm guessing that I did several tasks "out of order", just in the time I've been playing Chapter 1. This MIGHT explain why some are having the problems they are. I'm going to restart & follow the SG step-by-step to see if I can get past this part.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 5, 11 1:46 AM
Hi everyone!

We're aware of issues with certain items missing, objects being unresponsive when picked up and the game not saving; we’re currently trying to gather as much information as we can about the types of systems that are being affected by this.

We apologize greatly for all of the trouble fishies are experiencing.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 5, 11 4:51 AM
As I posted above (and began to suspect, after reading the type of problems being listed here), I believe that the majority of problems many of us are having are related to the INHERENT RIGIDITY built into this game. Rather than providing us with a game that we are capable of exploring, wandering about, and completing in a fairly open-ended fashion, these game developers may have chosen another way.

I started my game over, with a new player name and everything. Then, I followed the steps of the game, EXACTLY AS WRITTEN IN THE STRATEGY GUIDE. Everything has worked perfectly smoothly, as long as I play the game THAT way. However, that is NOT my usual method of playing computer games. Typically, I explore around, clicking on anything that looks interesting, trying to solve any and all puzzles I run acrossed (as I run acrossed them), wandering from room to room, in no particular order, unless I'm certain of exactly what I need to do next.

This game does NOT seem to want the gamer to use her/his own judgment, intuition, or intelligence, when playing it. It appears to me (at least so far), to be an INTENSELY RIGID game, which demands that each player follow its prescribed pathway and NOT deviate from the steps that are clearly outlined. While it HAS allowed me to continue playing this game, without any further "glitches" or "bugs" (or items missing or mysteriously disappearing), it's, also, taken most of the FUN away from playing the game. I don't like having my hand held SO TIGHTLY, that I'm not EVER allowed to think for myself, or explore rooms or puzzles that I want to explore WHEN I want to explore them!

Those of you who have been experiencing similar "glitches", see if following the SG EXACTLY, permits you to move more smoothly through the game. I doubt this is only a "fluke" that I'm experiencing, but we won't know unless others experiment with this strategy, as well. If my hunch turns out to be true (that the developers deliberately created the game to only follow one STRICT series of steps, without any sort of deviations allowed), then we will ALL learn very quickly, how to fix our mysterious "bugs". If it was developed this way, it would have been NICE for the creators to have informed us, in their "Help Section" at the beginning of the game.

Sure hope this suggestion helps!

Rainbow

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by banshee10 on Oct 5, 11 7:27 AM
After four hours of gameplay I had to give up - for (almost) nothing, it seems!
There's a HOS in the small shed at the fisherman's place, close to the lake outside. One of the items was a pipe which had to be lit with a match. Unfortunately, I CANNOT GRAB the match, no matter what I try. Therefore, I can't go on.
Trying to deinstall/ reinstall at the moment after rebooting didn't work out yesterday.

Anyone had the same ore a similar problem? Any suggestions?

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Oct 5, 11 9:57 PM
I did experience one issue, just before my demo ran out, but I'm not sure if it's an actual glitch or if I'm just doing it wrong. In the room where the door to the first part of the game was (with the medieval prophet), there's a glass case containing an item that's protected by an alarm. I was trying to disconnect the alarm using the pliers I got from the tool chest out in the hall, and I get messages indicating this isn't right. But when I click the hint, it sure as heck LOOKS like I'm supposed to use the pliers. Am I using the wrong item, or is this a glitch?

[Post New]by scalymoma on Oct 7, 11 9:38 AM
Wow! From all the problems that you guys are having, I'm keeping my coins in my own pocket and hunting for another game. Glad I checked the forum b4 buying. Good luck guys.

[Post New]by pekeena on Oct 7, 11 1:49 PM
hey, i've a question. after i found the third ghost, the boy...from that room, where he is, u can enter t another one when u should find the puppet. do u need something special to move the armor? because i can't move it. did someone else had this problem?

[Post New]by slufoot on Oct 7, 11 9:59 PM
i have played through to putting the no. on the clock and even went inside .but then it started showing the end, it cut me off before i could do the bonus game. so i dont know how to get into it. i really love the game and it took me days and a few nights, i just couldn"t stop playing. can anyone help me out?

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Oct 8, 11 9:17 AM
I had this issue and had to start over...haven't finished yet but the problem comes from when you get the last torch that is used to enter the tower....I went ahead and used it to enter the tower and you can't or shouldn't dp this as you need to use it first to smoke the bees because otherwise you can not remove it again in order to do that. It's a pain and shouldn't be that way so I am having to start all over again.

[Post New]by 49tuppence on Oct 8, 11 6:19 PM
I've read through all the posts and haven't found my problem, so I'll try addressing it and see if I can get an answer here. I missed a step (picking up the lens) and now can't get back to get it. Of course, now I can't go on to finish the game without it. That'll be the second BF game where this has happened to me, and I hate the thought of creating another profile and starting at the beginning to redo the entire game. I think there should be a way of going back to pick up something that's been forgotten. What about the person who doesn't WANT to use the SG all the time?

[Post New]by imagine1208 on Oct 8, 11 8:15 PM
I am having one major issue which is every action taking FOREVER. I've never had a game take so much time after each click - choosing an area, inventory item going into inventory, moving to another location, etc. I played for about an hour and haven't even gotten through the first chapter. Has anyone else had this problem?

Can't go through carriage to get lock part

[Post New]by penhar on Oct 8, 11 8:22 PM
I have gone into the carriage and got the metal blocks and pendulum part, but then you are supposed to be able to go straight through and pick up a lock part and get a wrench from a hidden object scene. I can't go through the carriage. The game won't let me. I'm at a point where I can't go any farther until I get these items. What should I do?

This isn't a matter of "I can't find something." The game will not allow me to do what I need to do.

Thank you.

[Post New]by lalybug101 on Oct 8, 11 10:05 PM
It appears I too am subject to the bugs with in the program... If we are suppose to do these exactly as the SG outlines that must be why I,m having trouble now. My hints tell me there is nothing for me to do here now in either of my two available rooms.. I was suppose to find a pearl when i somehow fixed the manequin hair.... there is suppose to be some shelf with a comb on it ...but i have yet to find it either in the SG or in the room. I have dearly loved all the other "Echoes of the Past " for thier challenging complexities, the constant to and fro, and the puzzles... its almost as if you have to find out what you dont know in order to find what you do know.
if i must uninstall and reinstall and start completly over and follow exactly as the SG dictates , then it is no longer a game but merely a test of following directions.
I dont consider that worth 14.00 of our hard earned money...
I.m afraid im very disappionted in this one.....

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Oct 9, 11 2:16 PM
I've just finished the main game,and didn't have any major glitches.
For me the only thing which was a bit cranky was the paint roller game where it didn't seem to go smoothly in between each of the 3 sections, OK a bit disappears after doing each window bit, and you have to repair the machine to do the next window pane, but it didn't happen smoothly, made me feel it was nearly going wrong

Otherwise it was a fantastic (though frustrating at times!) game

Looking forward to doing the bonus section

[Post New]by garibuia on Oct 11, 11 5:39 AM
I can't go on.... some friends told me I should move the armor to take sort of a puppet... I'm trying and trying but I don't understand how to move it.
Any help welcome

chaka4
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Game still does not save!

[Post New]by chaka4 on Oct 11, 11 7:50 PM
I've uninstalled are reinstalled this game 3 times and still cannot exit out of the options menu when I mute the music, so I have to close the program down manually.

Miraculously, the mute on the music option saved when I reinstalled it. I played the game for several hours and then had to quit. when I went to continue a couple days later the gave was NOT save and now I am going to uninstall and reinstall again. Maybe if I am lucky, it will find my saved file??! Anyway, when will these glitches be fixed? It's been a while now.....

FATRC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by FATRC on Oct 11, 11 9:17 PM
BorisGVG wrote:
justbelite wrote:Hi there. I have been playing this game today and have got to the Princess chapter and on the **** at the vanity unit and I seem to have a glitch: SG says unlock the chess board with the key on top but no key. I've restarted the game once and still the same thing, am I missing something really obvious here or any suggestions to get it to work.

Thanks, Justbelite

Justbelite, the key for the chess board is on the far upper right corner on the scene (or screen), it's a very small whitish key. Thats the key for opening the chess board.
And to BFG personnel: We can't get the second puppet behind the crashed knight armor. We can't move the armor. I bought the full CE game, first I got "non saving" issue, but I created a new profile and so far so good, the game saves the progress, then the "second puppet" issue comes along. I reinstalled the game 4 times and 4 times I had to start all over again just for that second puppet issue and all 4 times i got that same issue again, I'm stuck. Any solutions?
Thanks.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 12, 11 3:31 AM
Hi, I had absolutely no techical problems with the game at all. It worked perfectly for me. This is not really a glitch with the game, but a small error in the SG, so I wanted to post it here.

There is an error in the Help section of the Strategy Guide (SG). It says, there is No Random Click Penalty. As it turns out, there Is a Randon Click Penalty, but it is extremely lenient. I clicked away for most of the main game without a problem, but I did incur a random click penalty once. Then, I got the penalty again twice in the Bonus Adventure. No big deal and you really have to go nuts and triple-click every second to get the penalty, so it was not a problem at all. I just mention it because I don't like that the SG said there was no penalty when there is one.

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 3:32:24 AM PST

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 12, 11 4:03 AM
Hi.

I thought the game was great and I had no technical problems at all. I don't know if we're supposed to give hints and spoilers in this thread, so the Mods will let us know if we shouldn't do that here.

I'll try to answer some of the questions below.

Spoiler Alert:

For laurakay: The pliers you need to disarm the alarm is not from the tool chest. You need a different pliers and you don't get that until near the end of the game.

For slufoot: After you finish the main game, you have to go the Main Menu and select Extras to play the Bonus Adventure. The Bonus Adventure does not start automatically after you finish the main game.

For diamondgirl: No, you don't use the torch to smoke out the bees. If I remember correctly, you use the smoldering wood to smoke out the bees.

For penhar: No, you're not supposed to be able to go straight through the carriage. The lock part and wrench you get from outside the carriage, without going through it.

I hope this helped.

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 4:04:05 AM PST

Go to: