redcourt
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by redcourt on Oct 10, 11 6:00 PM
Have a PC less than one year old and 64 bit, keep everything up to date and more and more BF games won't play. Purchased two other goblin games and no problem. Downloaded Awakeing the Goblin Kingdom with no problems and the game won't play. Installed and uninstalled several times and following suggestions from technical support. What is happening that has changed BF downloading properties where I can only play about 3-5 games downloaded without any glitches? Sure would like to purchase a game that doesn't involve violence, horror; something sweet, fun, HOG, IHOG. Hope all are doing well and enjoying gaming. Redcourt

[Post New]by catfromaus on Oct 16, 11 6:48 PM
Can't even get it to open, no matter what I try. So annoying- I own and love both other Awakening games, so bought this one without trying it first. Won't be doing that again! What a waste of money.

[Post New]by mystic202 on Oct 16, 11 8:05 PM
I'm having the same crash problem that most of the others describe. I'm on a PC running Windows XP which I have kept up to date. I deleted the previous version that was in my Game Manager and updated my video drivers, DirectX 8.1, and Adobe Flash. I deleted the previous saved copy of Awakening:The Goblin Kingdom (try me version). Then I started all over with the download/save, install/activate with no issues. Then I ran the game from the Game Manager. The beginning screens displayed ok until it got to the 'loading' screen where it crashed and returned to the GM after only about 5 seconds. I have repeated this test daily starting from the delete and download part for about 5 days. I kept hoping a fix was implemented each day.
I do not have this problem with any other of the games I have tried and purchased, so I am very Disappointed.

Won't you please post a status message for this fix so we know what's going on?
Thanks

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Oct 20, 11 4:30 AM
addictedtofish wrote:I have had the same problem with both the CE and SE versions - BF screen - dev screen and the loading screen - within 2 seconds I'm thrown back to GM. Reported vai green envelope and after 1 week, finally got an answer to upgrade usual - direct x and drivers. Did that - no difference - reported back and this is their answer

"I do apologize that this is happening, but as this is the latest release and the newest in the series, it wouldn't be built with the same software configurations that previous versions used in the past. So, even though they're created by the same company the technology used to create the games is much more advanced than the older releases. I checked our statistics with the developer and it looks there doesn't currently seem to be an issue open with the game. Even when complaints seem rife on the forums we very rarely see over a 1% error rate on a game, The Goblin Kingdom included. This has mostly been happening with customers with older systems trying to run this game-- most of which who have been able to sort this out with a few updates."

I am surprised that they can say this considering the amount of problems reported in this forum (and many other game forums too).
I have played lots of "NEW" games with no problems - why is this any different?
They have recommended more updates but I'm not confident they will work either.

Just to update - I have uninstalled and re-installed everything BF suggested - absolutely no difference - starts to load and throws me back to GM after about 3 seconds. Returning to them to see what they suggest next!!!

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 4:32:54 AM PST

[Post New]by mystic202 on Oct 21, 11 4:03 PM
addictedtofish: thanks for sharing that post. It is very interesting. Are they suggesting that those of us with "older systems" should go out and buy a new computer so we can play their game? I followed their suggestions to update drivers if needed. I updated my Directx to latest version and now my older games (like Jewel match 3, Lost Inca Prophecy and more) do not work. I get a windows error message and then it bounces me out.

So now what am I supposed to do? I don't know how to 'undo' the Directx or Flash updates I did. Interesting that you un and re-installed drivers and that didn't work. I'm pretty upset right now, Big Fishie!

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 21, 11 6:28 PM
jdelbove wrote:I've noticed a ton of technical issues posted on here but not one response from tech support. Do they even read them?

I really doubt that they do. As you probably noticed in the other posts, people are having the same problems with the SE version that they had with the CE version...yet, /BFG claims this is not the same version with just the bonus section chopped off. Believe that one, and I've got a bridge I can sell you, as the saying goes. I had the same problem in both versions and even wrote BFG and got back their stock reply to down load this and that and up date this and that, and that this was not the same version. So, I decided that even if they come out with a new version, I won't be buying it just on the principle of the whole thing.

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Oct 21, 11 7:47 PM
I'm running Vista on my pc and have loads of available space. I wanted to demo Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom. It seemed to take forever to download, but it finally finished and went on to validating/installing. Never got past 20%. I finally gave up and closed game manager. Tried downloading another game.... same problem. Then I noticed both icons on my desktop. "Great!", I thought, but I was mistaken. Both games gave me the message that my trial period was up and invited me to buy the game. Since I didn't get even a minute of play, why would I buy the game? Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance, bunnydog.

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Oct 21, 11 10:25 PM
Well, I did some searching and found the suggestion to delete and then re-install the game. I was really surprised to find that the "trial expired" comment had disappeared and I was able to demo the game. I was able to play for 45 minutes and had enough information to help me decide to buy the game. I just hope I don't run into any other problems! Now I'll try to see if I can do the same to Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast.

lidaviola
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lidaviola on Oct 28, 11 3:26 PM
Well I can't get the fire lit in the goblin house in the fungal forest because the dragon hides behind the journal. Seems several people are having this problem. changed cursor to system cursor and that did not help. So what do I do now.

[Post New]by Everald1 on Oct 28, 11 8:08 PM
Can this game be installed on Windows 7?

[Post New]by Everald1 on Oct 29, 11 12:36 PM
Can not get past the pocket dragon in the initial screen.. When I try to feed him, nothing happens. The game does not crash nor freeze but nothing happens. Is this a glitch?

I double clicked on the three flowers in inventory and dragged them over the dragon....nothing...clicked on the dragon, then double clicked on the flowers and dragged them to the dragon.....nothing...have been at this for a lifetime and nothing. Can you help me?

seventh
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by seventh on Oct 29, 11 1:39 PM
Won't load, I see a window on the task bar and hear music. But that's as far as it gets I've never seen the game, but it tells me I've used a minute of play time. Windows 7 64 bit. Acer laptop....Just tried again and it worked, don't know why. Other games have had this kind of reaction. New edit...now it won't open again but the game isn't made for Windows 7 so I've set the compatibility in the properties of the exe file to compatible with Windows Vista, now it opens. I'm back...now it doesn't open so..I don't know.... I can now add that clicking the screen before the window minimizes works sometimes. Wish they could make more games compatible with Windows 7

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 8:05:40 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 29, 11 3:14 PM
Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles opening the game or if the game is crashing, you might want to first check to see if an update might be available for your system that can help with this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

We ask that all players go through the steps outlined in the help article as it helps to rule out possible causes of an issue.

If you're having issues downloading the game, please take a look at this help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

For those of you having issues with the dragon/fire, I found this tip in another thread that might help:

cbellcrm wrote:When you go to the hidden object scene, the dragon disappears from where he usually sits, but he is in the scene so that he can be used to light the fire.

If you continue to have troubles with the game after the suggestions in this post, please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can continue working with you to resolve the issue. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by triege on Nov 14, 11 3:08 PM
can't get into the maze. Following the directions and it keeps telling me I have gone the wrong way.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Nov 24, 11 5:42 AM
addictedtofish wrote:Same problem for me (as above) - playing on a PC. This also happened with the Collector's edition except it didn't even get to loading page just the Big Fish page and then black screen. Been hoping for it to get fixed and was delighted to see SF as I love this series - hopes dashed. Have asked BF for help - will let you know if I get it.

Though I posted about this issue many weeks ago, I believe I have THE ANSWER to the mysteries behind why so many of us are NOT able to play this Awakening Game, in either the CE or the SE version. It is because we each have Nvidia Video Cards in our computers.

As I wrote about here, previously, I couldn't get this game to play, in either CE or SE version, despite owning, loving, and repeatedly playing BOTH of the earlier Awakenings games. Just recently, I upgraded to a newer computer (though still a used one) and had more memory and a new Nvidia Video Card placed in it. Neither game will play any differently for me now, than it did previously. I sent a Dr. Felix report to the Customer Service team, here at BFG, on November 4th. I STILL have not heard ANYTHING BACK from them!

However, I DID receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey in my e-mail. As a BFG member, I promptly told them how infuriated I was, about this situation. One of the "Live Chat" CS technicians, who tried to help me WEEKS ago with this issue (on my old computer), hinted that the problem was my Nvidia video card. By that point, I'd ALREADY bought the new Nvidia video card, for upgrading my newer machine and it was too late to return it.

So, despite some snarky remarks, made by some of the MANY CS techs I have spoken with, in recent months, (about my computer not being technologically "CURRENT"), the AGE of my computer had NOTHING to do with it! So, ladies and gentlemen, if you have a Nvidia Video Card, BFG and BoomZap have apparently decided that you and I are not "worthy" of their attention or MONEY!

Fascinating how one BRAND of video card is looked down upon, in such a snobbish fashion! The BFG CS staff have so little regard for all of us, they don't even bother to respond to my CS e-mails anymore! It isn't because I'm rude, offensive, and/or crude with my language, either! It's because they KNOW I'm correct about their "snobbery", "indifference", and awareness of their technological injustice, IMHO.

[Post New]by ClydiaKoch on Dec 18, 11 3:27 PM
Hello ~ I love this game and have had no problems until . . . I exit, turn off my computer and then go back to finish. It starts at the beginning again and all of my "work" is gone. I've done it twice, so it must be a glitch. I own the game, but I've never had to delete a game and reload. Is that what I should try? If so, can you walk me through what I need to do? By the way, I own over 30 Big Fish games and this is the first time I've had a problem! Just saying ... I'm a huge fan!

[Post New]by ClydiaKoch on Dec 20, 11 4:36 PM
Have not yet received a response to my inquiry for help, but figured out how to uninstall & reinstall the game on my own. If I still have a problem, I will try to contact again for help. Hope this is just a temporary customer service glitch. Sure hope your name isn't "Peggy"!!

[Post New]by caravanserai on Dec 25, 11 6:29 AM
Bought the game as had enjoyed the first two.
But it won't load - same problem as many others are having.
Very disappointing there is no fix for this.

[Post New]by ErnBird on Dec 26, 11 4:40 PM
Cannot see mouse cursor, neither custom cursor nor system cursor. The usual fix is to use windowed mode instead of full screen. Well, this game will not switch to windowed mode; it gives the message "Your computer's monitor resolution is too small to support this mode." My highest resolution available to Windows is 1280 x 800 at 32-bit color.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Dec 27, 11 5:43 AM
mine is PC XP. I also had a problem with CE demo: load, opening screen, revert to Game Manager.... I also hoped the SE would work; no such luck. what a pity - it looks and reads like a game I could love.

Go to: