Re:Reviews for Love Story: The Beach Cottage

[Post New]by nursepammyj on Oct 1, 11 10:30 PM
I really enjoyed this game also. I didn't rush, and enjoyed every part of it. It's a nice change from all the dark games, which I enjoy also, but it's nice to just have a warm fuzzy love story. I enjoyed the first one and have replayed it a couple of times, which is something I never do; so I can see I will replay this one also. I do agree, it was a little short, but enjoyable anyway

[Post New]by nursepammyj on Oct 1, 11 10:32 PM
good grief! I used some form of the word "enjoy" 5 times in that post! I guess..I enjoyed it, lol

[Post New]by jailbird400 on Oct 1, 11 11:29 PM
Not One bad review ..must try thanks all...

Never thought i would like this game t (thought.."maybe to mushy ) : : ...with the preview." Love Stor"y is calming ,compelling and touching..A must have...150 games in(or out)lol...this is a keeper.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 12:03:12 AM PST

[Post New]by jailbird400 on Oct 1, 11 11:34 PM
(
elldee2728 wrote:Hey Valdy--Thanks for the SPOILER ALERT, but it's kinda tough to close your eyes or put your hand up to the screen so you don't read your last paragraph! I think highlighting it and "whiting" it out would be a good idea--I'd rather find out for myself about the young lover-boy and the father, rather than you telling me.

paragraph began with spoiler Elert... ..restraint may be a good idea. ...just a game......

Edited on 10/01/2011 at 11:39:11 PM PST

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Oct 2, 11 5:40 AM
Bought it, Loved it, only complaint too short.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Oct 2, 11 9:38 AM
Count me in on all the positive quotes. The devs have developed their game from previous Love Stories bringing the game to a more sophisticated level. Just finished Echoes, so again timing is everything, but this is relaxing, fun and just the game for a cold ridden stay in like me on a sunny Sunday in NYC! It's a definite buy for me.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Oct 2, 11 9:38 AM
Count me in on all the positive quotes. The devs have developed their game from previous Love Stories bringing the game to a more sophisticated level. Just finished Echoes, so again timing is everything, but this is relaxing, fun and just the game for a cold ridden stay in like me on a sunny Sunday in NYC! It's a definite buy for me.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 2, 11 10:17 AM
Another tear jerker , which I admit, from time to time, I do enjoy... why? I don't really know, but who doesn't enjoy a sentimental story every now and then? Only emotional problem for me... parents are up their in age now, and not in the best physical health, so the beginning story line hits home a bit (though mine are not in a nursing home). So, two seconds into the game, and I already choked up a bit. Because I like this game, as I did 'Love Stories: Letters From The Past', I guess it means I'm a glutton for punishment. *sigh*.

Graphics and story line from what I gather so far in demo mode are quaint, and the music very relaxing.

I'm a sap, so off to purchase I go! Crap, I'll need to go grab a box of tissues first. Just hope I don't short circuit my PC with the wet fall out! LOL

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 10:33:00 AM PST

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 2, 11 11:17 AM
Well this is the first game i have ever completely read the credits list...why?...well i believe i did not want this game to be over...and...of course am hoping for a sequel

A....a perfect story line
W...wonderful graphics
E...excellent background music
S...stars for the game +
O...only some say it was short but worth it...i play slooooow!
M...many ' 's goes to the developers
E...everyone at thx

have the Love Story 1...and...was waiting for another...and was not disappointed...after playing 'echo' and 'grim tale'...which i also like some weird, scary and off the wall games...this was the little spec of a at end of a ' '
so cool!

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Oct 2, 11 12:20 PM
Deeeeeeelightful! Lovely story, personal yes, but it would be to anyone who has lost one or both of their parents and had a happy childhood. Can't wait to see how it ends - although I've got a pretty good idea and I'm going to buy it just to find out. Not too many HOG scenes, enough 'adventure' to keep interest going. Music is fitting and pleasant too. Graphics perfect. Speed from scene to scene - very quick. Cute little mini games (loved getting the crabs back to the sea!)
And most of all? YIPPEE - a heroine that doesn't look like she's just come off a movie set. Just a middle aged woman haunted by a tragic past. Really engrossing. I nearly didn't even bother downloading the trial, as I thought it was going to be boring. How wrong can one girl be?
I LOVE THIS GAME!

xedster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by xedster on Oct 2, 11 3:40 PM
I loved playing this game. It's graphics are beautiful and the storyline was sweet. I am so tired of HOGs that have monsters, demons, and other negative images. This was great. Please give us more games like this one, BFG!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 2, 11 3:49 PM
WOW...what an awesome love story, this game pretty much had everything that I enjoy in a game .
The graphics were breath taking, stunning in some area's like the beach, the sparkle's on the water were beautiful, and so soothing, LOVED IT!!
The music was PERFECT for this love story, and the background effects, went very well also, they did and excellent job, and I just got lost in the relaxing enviorment, of the beach cottage, felt like I was right there, so that is a HUGE bonus, to this game .
And the characters were spot on, Charlie was such a CUTE child, he looked so real, it just made the game come to life.
The mini's were different also, my favorites were the crab puzzle, the stone mosaic puzzle, and making the model boat, could have done without the water measuring one though, hate those types, mostly because I can't figure them out.. .
LOVED also, finding the sea shells, cool spin on that one , this game had a lot of things I enjoy, as far as the game play goes.
And if I had one wish, the ending could have been a little more drawn out, I mean it was a love story, so a little more action on the love part..lol.
All in all, I liked playing this gem and wished it wouldn't have ended, that is when you know you are playing a GOOD game, even though it was to short, for my taste I still LOVED this one, and will play it again :-)
When I feel I need and escape from the stresses of life, I will come back to the beach cottage, FOR SURE, thanks developers, job well done and lots of and , thanks for the spirit lifting .

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Oct 2, 11 3:49 PM
The story and much of the music was too overly sweet and syrupy for me (well, i am a 38 yo male, so that explains it maybe.. lol), but the gameplay was surprisingly good: different types of Hidden Object scenes, going back and for through the times, same rather hard to find inventory objects, and the puzzle were quite challenging also.
What i loved about the graphics, is that gradually became evening during the game: something i havent seen before in any other HOG. Nice little touch.

But as others said here: it was WAY too short.. i think i finished it in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. A nice game for a daily deal maybe, but not worth the money asked right now, consideing its length.

An observation: there was one musical piece that was almost a rip-off of the Gil Evans / Miles Davis version of Sketches of Spain. The developers should look out for plagiarity claims.. lol

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 3:54:55 PM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 2, 11 3:52 PM
Lovely, relaxing game. Enjoyed it.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Oct 2, 11 9:39 PM
I'm afraid I have a different opinion of this game than most others. There is just way too much back and forth and too many tasks to do at once for me to enjoy it. Also I found the hints were basically useless as they would send you to an area you already knew was there but did nothing to help you know what to do with it. I'm just not into this kind of format, and although I don't mind using a walkthrough occasionally during a game, this one I feel I would have to use excessively. By the time I had played 20 minutes I was frustrated enough I knew I had no desire to continue.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 3, 11 3:18 AM
This is a great game. Graphic are really good, gameplay also. I really like the romantic theme. For me its a definete buy

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Oct 3, 11 9:57 AM
I just finished the game, I hope the DEV's come out with more love stories like this one but longer game play, Thx BF and dev's excellent game, but it was to short, love everything about the game..

TexasAnn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by TexasAnn on Oct 3, 11 2:43 PM
It was great not to be dealing with monsters and ghosts and beings with world domination complex. I don't like all the back and forth, but at least my aching bones didn't have to walk too far.

The story was predictable, but aren't they all? I enjoyed this game with the soothing music, the beautiful scenery, and the goreless plot line.

[Post New]by Blickblick on Oct 3, 11 7:05 PM
As much as I like the dark story lines, a game like this one is a refreshing change. I like the love story and the fact that the main character is a mature, competent woman. I really enjoyed the memory sequences, but would have appreciated more hidden object scenes. The game play is much improved from the previous Love Story, with better puzzles and adventure elements and no mind numbing filler activities that exist just to make the game longer. It would have been nice to have a bit more of the interesting features in this game, though. As others have noted, this pleasant game ends abruptly and is on the short side. I liked these people and wanted to have more time with them. I wouldn't mind a follow up featuring them.

As sweet as the story is, it's very weak. If you're willing to suspend disbelief and enjoy the story, it's a fun game. If you can't live without critical thinking, this may not be the game for you.

What a Sad Game

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 4, 11 4:24 AM
I just started playing the game and this isn't a complete review, but I just wanted to post some comments.

At first I thought that this was really more of a game that mostly women would enjoy; but then a few men posted reviews and said it was a good game, so I gave it a try. Well, it is actually a very, very good game. It's a different type of game, but it's done very well and there aren't that many HOS in it. There is a lot of exploring and when you click on an item that requires something, a gray circle appears at the bottom with the outline and name of the item you need. Then when you find the items, the outlines turn to color and those items are now in your inventory. So the game is very well done and you can read all the reviews for more details.

The main reason I wanted to post my comments is to say that this is by far the saddest game I have ever played. I'm not giving anything away here, but as soon as you start the game on the Main Menu, you see a 58 year old woman standing on the beach in front of a beach house with a loving smile and a forlorn look in her eyes, as if she is reminiscing about happier times in the past. There is a bubble showing that she is thinking of herself as a beautiful young woman kissing a handsome young man. All the while, soap opera type music is playing in the background. This theme continues throughout the entire game, which combines the current time with flashbacks of her younger, happier days. It is the saddest thing I ever saw. So while the game is great, to a certain extent it is depressing me because I feel so sorry for the poor woman.

So while the Adventure aspects of the game and the puzzles are fun and there are very few HOS, which is great because I hate HOS, the fact is that the game is a bit depressing and plays out like a soap opera.

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 4:28:02 AM PST

Go to: