Re:Reviews for In Search of the Lost Temple

[Post New]by ManuelaAnna on Oct 3, 11 1:24 PM
I am very disppointed with this game. Very boring and the items are very small. No buy for me.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Oct 3, 11 1:37 PM
I thought I was going to have to declare myself officially over the hill, because I could not see the items to find in this game. Thanks to the other reviews, I know it wasn't just me. I quit this game after about 5 minutes. Too bad, I love new games.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Oct 3, 11 1:38 PM
What long arms you have Grandpa!!! I spent about 10 minutes just staring at his arms. After that I got down to business....well, for about 10 more minutes. You know the feeling, it reminds you of a game and you start thinking, Man, I wish I was playing that game instead of this one. It reminded me of Miss Marple and Poirot, they have small objects but you can at least you have a shot at them.

Anyway, not for me but if it is for you, enjoy. Then try those games.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 3, 11 1:47 PM
Hidden objects are much too small to see and music awful. Just couldn't figure out what the heck I was doing or going to do.. Not a buy for me..

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 3, 11 1:56 PM
Items very small for older people with poor vision even with glasses otherwise a good game. Can't the developers take into consideration that there people who do have 20/20 vision and need the objects either a big larger or brighter.

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 2:07:25 PM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Oct 3, 11 2:24 PM
RickF wrote:Do the developers even try to play the games they design? A more appropriate name for this style of game would be an Invisible Object Game.

LOL! Indeed!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Oct 3, 11 2:24 PM
mediocre all the way around...
graphics, storyline, not much here of interest

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Oct 3, 11 2:40 PM
Because of how my schedule's going to be tomorrow, I decided to play this game today to see how it was. My only criticism is that the pictures are just too small. You can't see anything

[Post New]by cindymorgan001 on Oct 3, 11 3:28 PM
This is my very first post although I have been a BFG member for years. This has to be one the most disappointing game I have ever tried. The pay is slow, the items too small. I couldn't even click on the hint button because it was too low in the screen to click on. I'm sure I could have changed the resolution but that would have made the items even smaller! Played for about 5 minutes and deleted from game manager. Definately not a buy for me!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 3, 11 3:42 PM
RickF wrote:Do the developers even try to play the games they design? A more appropriate name for this style of game would be an Invisible Object Game.

Thanks, RickF, for the laugh. You made my day! I guess there's no point in even playing the trial.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Oct 3, 11 7:51 PM

Of course they beta test. They just use 64" monitors when they do it.

What is with these games lately? They're really not even games. They are equivalent to DMV eye exams except you have to stand across the street to take it.

Come on BFG. Keep posting games that strains our eyes and eventually we won't be able to see to click "Buy Now."

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 8:31:35 PM PST

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Oct 3, 11 8:44 PM
U25150 wrote:

What is with these games lately? They're really not even games. They are equivalent to DMV eye exams except you have to stand across the street to take it.

I just want to add that I was disappointed that after 45 minutes of play and the beginning of a headache I STILL had not got to China. I was looking forward to it, as that area of the world is fascinating to me. I finally said to myself, "Self, when or if you ever get to China the items you will be looking for will be just as teeny tiny as they are at Grandpa's house, so just give up and quit. It's not worth the headache."

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 8:48:02 PM PST

[Post New]by raynestormrn on Oct 3, 11 9:15 PM
Did maybe five minutes of the demo. That's all it took to know not for me. Annoying gameplay, can't see the full picture in full screen because it shifts to the side, and in windowed, the window doesn't fit.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 3, 11 10:31 PM
Sorry devs but this one is a no buy for me.

First strike was that it didn't fill my monitor. I hate (really really hate) when I have to exit a game and guess at the resolution that might make the game fill my screen.

Second strike, as others have said, the items are just too tiny to find. I think I used three hints in the first H0 scene alone and I rarely use hints! For example the "rose" that for some reason was the same cream color as the wallpaper? I like that it wasn't simply a straight hog but when the list says to find an "angel" and you need to combine to make it maybe you put wings on it or something but putting an already complete angel on a base that is also hard to see? No thanks.

Third strike you sort of wandered around the apartment and basically just waited for stuff to sparkle since there was junk everywhere so no way to know which of it you should click on. I'm getting ready to go on a trip so maybe I should click on the prominent backpack? Nope. Instead wait for sparkles and then click on the desk for another H0 scene with tiny objects... that's when I gave it up and quit.

I like a challenge but this isn't really a test of my brain power so much as a test of my patience... and clearly I'm lacking in that department because I only lasted 15 minutes before giving up. I really wanted to like it too because I'm a total Indiana Jones fan and when I saw the title text was exactly like that I thought the game would be like that. But no such luck.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Oct 3, 11 11:15 PM
I agree with most of the reviews. But, I am surprised no one said anything about the ending. Did anyone get to the end except myself. There must be some comment about that. I sure felt disappointed. Does that mean there is going to be a sequel.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 4, 11 12:16 AM
5 minutes and out. This graphics are very crisp, but so tiny (even on my large monitor) that I had to use a magnifying glass. Not worth the bother.

beeboppa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by beeboppa on Oct 4, 11 2:09 AM
A definate No Buy for me ...graphics are blurry and objects really small had to play with my nose to the screen. Not often I don't buy regardless of what's discussed in the forum but this has to be one of the worst I've seen...

beeboppa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by beeboppa on Oct 4, 11 2:53 AM
YeeeHaaaa !!! I'm a seahorse...luv this

pishka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by pishka on Oct 4, 11 6:54 AM
thank you i just saved a credit and time

marsute
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by marsute on Oct 4, 11 9:40 AM
Wow...I'm really surprised how many don't like this game. I like it a lot and will certainly buy! I have older eyes but didn't have a problem finding the objects, although I did use the hint a couple of times!

Go to: