kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:Post any The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet technical issues here only

[Post New]by kathey12 on Oct 7, 11 10:57 AM
I had the same problem with the black screen after purchasing the game.
I created a new profile and everything seemed to work fine.
I am now in the Abby and flowers will not go into the mortar. I've tried everything.
My only choice is to uninstall and reinstall to see if that works.

Re:Post any The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet technical issues here only

[Post New]by BJWhite on Oct 7, 11 11:54 AM
I'm totally stuck in the monastary, church with the monk who is helping me make the herbal remedy for Romeo. I have collected alll the parts but it will not let me get the pestle. I get the message that it doens't know what it's for.
I can't get hint from Ann. Please help.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Oct 7, 11 12:59 PM
Well, I was able to finish the game by creating another "new" profile.

Third times the charm I guess. After creating the last profile the game let me place the herbs into the mortar and successfully complete the entire game without any further interruptions or glitches.

druishprin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by druishprin on Oct 7, 11 4:51 PM
Stuck in the Abbey: Collected all the recipe item & cant use them. INothing works. In fact, I can't even get Anne to give me a hint. It's like nothing reacts. I can go in and out of the room to the garden and back and that's it. I can see what looks like a pestle on the shelf, but it won't let me collect that. I hover the herbs over the mortar and they highlight with an outline glow, but I can't drop them in. I'm wondering if this is a glitch. I am on my 2nd profile & really dont want to have to start pver again.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 8, 11 12:13 PM
Downloaded and played demo mode fine, but then went to activate the game after purchase, and it won't install. Keep getting an error message number 206600, and went to the help section to review all possible solutions, to no avail. I submitted an inquiry to BF, so now, I will await their email reply. Oh well. *sigh*

Great game, by the way, but now if I could only get the paid version to play.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Oct 8, 11 5:40 PM
MarieNomad wrote:I got the game after I was finished with the trial and now it won't start again. All that showed up was the menu, the inventory, and the little girl.

Me, too. I loved the demo and bought it. As soon as I bought and installed the full version, I got the same, mostly blank, screen and was unable to move forward.

lovemanm
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by lovemanm on Oct 9, 11 5:01 AM
I am having the problem that I have bought the game and get to a certain part and the game tells me to fill in a survey. Take it this is from the beta testing. Is there going to be something to sort this out soon? Have had some great games lately so would be good to get this sorted asap.

ceri4hc
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ceri4hc on Oct 9, 11 12:12 PM
Thanks bfgArnoStyx for your help.Leaving my pc off overnight did stop the game although I have to say that whilst trying to solve my problem I did turn off my pc a number of times nevertheless your information was a great help. Thanks again.
Heather.

[Post New]by bittykitty on Oct 9, 11 2:49 PM
okay I seem to be with everyone else on the site that is having problems with this game. I started playing it and it was running fine untill I got to the receipe part and then it is like I can't do anything. I try putting the water....from the container which i have....into the the the mix I get nothing. I try putting the herbs into the mortar I get nothing. I even tried playing again under a different name and get stuck at the exact same spot agian with nothing. I was enjoying this game up to this point and now I will have to count this in the lost bucket that I waisted a punch card coupon on. That in and of itself does not make me a happy camper in the bigfish family. I am however glad to see that others are having issues with this game as well.

Kem

[Post New]by twins1300 on Oct 10, 11 6:15 AM
Has anyone gotten an answer from Tech Support on this one? I am having the same problems as most of you and it's been well over the 72 hour estimate they gave for an answer. I have had to uninstall and reinstall 3 times, but it has done no good. I have even tried making new profiles in the game, again it did not work. I really wanted to play this game and the demo worked flawlessly. It was only after purchase that the problems started. This is very upsetting.

[Post New]by kellybg1978 on Oct 11, 11 6:27 PM
OK, I'm at the part where Juliet is trying to find Romeo after he kills Tybalt, but there is nothing I can do, no matter where I click. The cursor recognizes the scrap of cloth with blood on it, but it won't let me take it. Because of this (I think), I can't activate any other things in order to complete the next action. The hint button is lit up, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. Looks like I'm stuck...and very frustrated.

Anything I can do short of re-installing or creating a new profile? This is my second profile for playing the game because of an earlier bug and I really don't want to re-do everything just to get a ^*%@% piece of cloth! (Sorry....really, really frustrated...)
Is there going to be a patch or something made available for these issues?

This is really poor business practice on BFG's part to allow a software company to release a game with so many bugs on this site. I hope things can be fixed.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Oct 12, 11 6:29 AM
Sigh. Yesterday I gave this game a lengthy & glowing review b/c I was enjoying it so much & it's so well-done visually, historically, & has taken such an original approach in its storyline. Little did I know I had stopped just b4 the pt where trouble was lurking!

I'm having the same issue w/ preparing the poultice for Romeo's wounds at the abbey. The mortar won't take the herbs & the bowl won't take the water. The stuff just keeps bouncing back to inventory.

Now I am (judging by some the reviews) one of the few ppl who actually took the time to read the instructions at the start of the game.....& nowhere in there did it say o BTW in that mortar & bowl scene, ya gotta do stuff in specific order or you're gonna be stuck. Didn't say that b4 gathering the stuff. Didn't say that in the recipe (which ppl are saying is wrong anyway b/c it won't accept the water in the bowl 1st as listed, the herbs have to go into the mortar 1st & not 2nd as it says).

I am so so so so so disappointed at being unable to continue this gorgeous game to its conclusion! The devs (I shall not say their name b/c some mod removed it elsewhere; the inconsistency in this *policy* drives me nuts, they should just hurl up a list of *acceptable* devs to mention so we know for sure) did a wonderful job putting this together & it's a shame to have the game grind to a sudden halt b/c of a techie glitch. Apparently creating a new profile & starting over doesn't help.

So what's the solution, BFG? [taps slippered foot impatiently] I'd really like to be able to finish this game! GRRRRR

PS>Just saw kathey's post. Please clarify if you come back to this thread.....you created a new profile TWICE b4 it would pass this scene? So you have to play the game thru 3x up to this pt b4 you get to progress? OMG. Not acceptable, BFG.

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 6:33:54 AM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Oct 12, 11 6:45 AM
I was enjoying this game up to this point and now I will have to count this in the lost bucket that I waisted a punch card coupon on.

Contact CS via the green envelope over there >>>>>>>

There are only 3 things that can happen here.

1, BFG will contact the devs & release a *patched* version of the game to redownload that addresses it grinding to a halt. How long this might take is anyone's guess. Or if they'll even bother. I'm certainly hoping they'll bother. There's another dev (I cannot mention) from whom I will never purchase another game b/c they told me too bad so sad when I got an older game on DD that wouldn't get past the opening screen (as soon as you went to create a profile it closed up). This dev doesn't churn out historically inaccurate junkpiles 2-3x/yr like that one does, so hopefully they will be more responsive to this issue, esp since the game is brand-new. If over 20 ppl are reporting the same issue, then they know a minimum of 10x that if not more ppl aren't using the forums & are sighing & sucking up the loss.

2, CS will give you your coupon back so it's not wasted. Don't EVER accept that it's wasted. It's their job to give you a quality working product whether it's via punch card coupons or cold hard cash. They need to make this right. Don't EVER suck up a loss.

3, those who did purchase w/ a credit can ask for a refund to their CC. Don't let the CS rep tell you they can't do that. They can.

If the game gets fixed, you can always re-purchase it if you choose 2 or 3 & don't want to wait what could be wks for a fix.

Ge0rgs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Add me to the no recipe list

[Post New]by Ge0rgs on Oct 12, 11 12:34 PM
This is sooooo frustratrating, Ive replayed once and now am closing this game off, so sad because it was a real good game up to this point. Note when I mouse over items in inventory the herbs dont describe ie when you mouse over water bottle it prints water bottle, like wise for brandy, so that would be the glitch, the game dosnt recognise the herbs in inventory.

FIX IT BFG

[Post New]by RUBETTY on Oct 14, 11 3:26 PM
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ....TRIED ALL OF THE WAYS YOU HAVE . PLUS I THOUGHT IT WAS MY PC AND ALMOST HAD BEST BUY HELP ME FOR A 199.00 FEE. BUT TRIED THE FORUM FIRST WOW I ALMOST GOT HAD. SO NOW MAYBE I SHOULD DROP FISH...IS IT GIVING VIRUSES OR WHATi??????

[Post New]by Aximili150 on Oct 14, 11 4:52 PM
scarlet_11dyS is correct about not sucking up the free code loss, i went to the live chat support and talked to a guy named anthony about the continuous problems i have had with the game and he was more than happy to give me a new free code to use on a different game

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Oct 15, 11 3:55 PM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I have one marble in a hole, but can't play the other marble.

You have to play the game with that marble, and win.Then you can play the second marble.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 19, 11 12:54 PM
Definitely ask for a credit. Big Fish gives you the option through customer support to wait for fix or get a credit. Don't just waste your $. Sad part is not being able to finish another good game.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Oct 21, 11 10:38 PM
BJWhite wrote:I'm totally stuck in the monastary, church with the monk who is helping me make the herbal remedy for Romeo. I have collected alll the parts but it will not let me get the pestle. I get the message that it doens't know what it's for.
I can't get hint from Ann. Please help.

I too am at that point. The game refuses to go any further. I am so sick of buying games and then being disappointed with them.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHY I CANT GO ANY FURTHER. IS IT ME HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING OR IS IT THE GAME????????
I AM GOING NUTS TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT.

[Post New]by pandalee on Nov 4, 11 9:26 AM
Stuck in abbey with recipe, nothing i click on works, (ie. hint button, goal) tried numerous times, created new profile, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.

Go to: