Re:Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman

[Post New]by andreacole70 on Oct 13, 11 12:04 PM
I have always enjoyed games by these guys. It took about three hours. I agree with many of the others regarding music. I kept turning my volume up and down. The only real problem I had with the game was of course the ending. I was ready to give this game 5 stars until it abruptly ended without any attempt at tying up loose ends or making sense of the story line. It is like reading a great book and having the last few pages which contained the who done it and why ripped out. It makes you angry you started the game to begin with. Three hours is a lot of time to invest just to be left hanging. Come on guys.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Oct 13, 11 1:11 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:
gillydi53 wrote:I know spiritdog51 I spotted that and bought feeling a bit naughty now

Well the best we can do is tell CS, which I did. I was surprised to see it there. Let alone it was late, the game being posted. But we didn't get the bonus chapter did we...

I didn't notice for some time while playing, and then it was just there. What can we do but let them know, and go on from there eh?

Well thanks alot - NO SG NOW!! (10/13/11) just couldn't let a good thing happen once in a while!!! I can't even get past the 3rd scene! Not only is the SG gone but there is no HINT button either! Geez I HATE DO GOODERS! I probably would have bought based upon everyones comments, but now that I have to exit the game take a peek at the walkthrough then go back to the game NO WAY Again Thanks so much spiritdog51 for spoiling it for the rest of us!

Lean

[Post New]by loopyloo1969 on Oct 13, 11 1:53 PM
aah! am i alone in thinking that i found it soooo boring,slow and dull!!

Edited on 10/14/2011 at 2:04:34 PM PST

onefeather
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by onefeather on Oct 14, 11 11:08 PM
Liked the game alot. And the faces in the crystals are the faces of some of the people who made the game.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 15, 11 1:31 PM
I agree, the music is repetitive and boring. I also found the little girls voice a wee bit annoying. I often play with the sound off because hubby is watching TV, so it has to be really good for me to reach for the earbuds! I liked this as a CE, but waited patiently for the SE. (I have a big list of games I am waiting for.) I'm still playing, but so far I like Queen of Spades a little bit better.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 15, 11 10:18 PM
Great game...glad I waited for the regular ame to come out. I have been buying CE way too much lately. I highly recommend this game...the graphics are great .

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Oct 17, 11 8:41 AM
Fabulously beautiful game! (I just turned the music down as it is quite repetitive) A really great effort from ERS

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Oct 17, 11 8:42 AM
Fabulously beautiful game! (I just turned the music down as it is quite repetitive) A really great effort from ERS

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Oct 17, 11 11:55 PM
Awesome, fantastic game. Exciting all the way through. Great puzzles, the ****'s were clear and objects large enough to be able to see them. Graphics great. Don't know about the music as I always turn that off. Very satisfied although the ending was a let down. It was just o.k. I expected a little more. All and all BF developers did a great job. Great faces in the crystals. Another great game. Now I am going to play it a second time.

[Post New]by christabel112 on Oct 18, 11 9:14 PM
It was an okay game. Seen lots worse, anyway .

Graphics are good, and it goes along like many other adventure games...at a certain point, its just a *bunch of stuff* to do to get it to end, kind of *at last.*

But don't take me wrongly. Its a pretty good *okay* game. Its just like too many that just pile on a bunch of stuff to do to finally get something simple accomplished, and that part just gets irritating and rather drug out, after awhile.

Wonder if these games will ever really advance into new levels of interaction? I guess so much thought is going into graphics, which is good, there are only a few games that really get into intelligent theming and the real feeling of the player interacting with it, in that it keeps interest up, and that drug out *just a bunch of stuff* down to a minimum.

Oh, well, some developers are *getting it*, and getting better at what they do, and not that I haven't enjoyed my share of ERS games, too (though am not currently remembering the exact ones...just know I've seen the logo before).

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Oct 19, 11 7:19 PM
After finishing this game, I wanted to scream! You go through so much, only to get no conclusion. Nothing. You collect all this stuff, complete tons of puzzles and hidden object scenes only to get nothing for all your trouble.

The graphics are pretty and the 3 songs that play over and over again are okay. The voice acting is not good, the little girls fake crying made me turn the sound off.

The characters themselves were just odd, you found out things about them but what you find out doesn't help you play the game or help the story along at all. Why do I need to know the mayor is a thieving jerk? Why would I care?

You collect objects throughout the game then have to use those objects to do certain things, unlock new areas or do puzzles. Half the time you have an object that can be used multiple ways, however the way you use it is the last thing you would think of or the way you use it is something you would never, ever think of doing. So, you click around and around trying to figure what to do with this random object you just picked up.

Overall, the puzzles and hidden object areas were decent, they weren't too hard or too easy. I was mostly entertained by them, outside of the odd ways you had to use objects.

The worst part of this game is the story, or lack thereof. You have this mystery of the bronze horsemen... but there isn't really anything happening with the bronze horsemen. The horsemen just moves around... and maybe is used to break into people's homes... maybe it is just... god only knows. The horsemen has nothing to do with anything. At all.

The people vanishing is part of something completely different. I have no idea what the random horse guy's purpose is. Maybe the games creators ended up using a bunch of horses in the scenery and thought they had to add a horse in the plot. That I all I can think of that the horseman's purpose was, to explain why there was a horse on everything. I am surprised they didn't add a snailman in to tie in all the snails all over the place.

The ending was horrible. You finish this super easy puzzle and then it is just over. You don't know what happens to any of the characters or towns people. Or what happened to the little creepy guy who was making all this stuff happen. He says something about why he is doing all of this, but then you never find out what it meant.

If you want to play a good HOG, go play MCF: Dire Grove, not this game.

1/5

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Oct 20, 11 1:57 PM
............another interesting game from those very clever folks at ERS......really enjoyed it. We get to "play" again with the evil Gollum-like dwarf who appeared in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades. It has all the polish and wonderful artwork/graphics that are the hallmark of this developer. I was pleasantly surprised to find the SG was operating in the SE that I bought........that was great!! [has it really been deleted by as I have heard? And if so, why???] It's getting harder and harder to find a good SE, but this one fills the bill!!............ ...... ........... ..........happy gaming!!!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Oct 23, 11 7:35 PM
I found it okay, agree with lots of things other said about the music and voices. I guess I wanted more story. Who/what was the bronze horseman? What did he have to do with anything? Why all the snail allusions? And the ending....what??

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Oct 24, 11 2:10 PM
This was a fun game to play, but the ending was terrible. The music got annoying after a while, so I turned it off. I liked having the voices and they were all good except the little girl. No strategy guide...I had to start the game over because I bought a new computer anyhow. Next time developers, if you make a mistake, please leave it alone. It was your mistake and not ours.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

CE?

[Post New]by catsrobe on Oct 25, 11 5:07 PM
What is a CE?

[Post New]by Bobrob on Oct 30, 11 12:41 AM
I LOVED THIS GAME (until the end). Fantastic graphics, good storyline. VERY disappointing ending. You save the souls and thats it, the cedits roll and I am left in limbo. No happy reunion with father and son or mother daughter. No explanation of why the horse was mechanical, nothing, zip, nadda. I feel very let down. Do we have to buy CE to get the full story?

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Ukiah on Oct 31, 11 6:00 PM
oh_mags wrote:The ending was horrible. You finish this super easy puzzle and then it is just over. You don't know what happens to any of the characters or towns people. Or what happened to the little creepy guy who was making all this stuff happen. He says something about why he is doing all of this, but then you never find out what it meant.

If you want to play a good HOG, go play MCF: Dire Grove, not this game.

1/5

I have to agree with you completely. Is this related to it being an SE release? Was the ending more fleshed out in the CE version?

Ukiah

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Nov 2, 11 1:08 AM
I thought this was one of ERS' better games. For me it took about 5 hours. I never used the walkthrough or skipped any puzzles. I really liked it. The ending didn't bother me too much. It was abrupt, but I thought it was fine. I got the game during the $4.99 sale and thought it was worth it. It was hilarious at times.

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Nov 15, 11 8:52 AM
I have played a game with the strange looking little demon man in it before but I cannot remember which game it was. Anyway, this game was okay. I had to open it by going into the file location and double-clicking on the file there. Bummer! Once there, I played until I was through with it. I did not like the music so I turned it off. The scenes were crisp and I was able to figure out the mini-games, Yea!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Nov 18, 11 8:44 AM
i enjoyed this game
and with the villian still free, does that mean we get another game...
if so, sign me up!
a little shadowy in H.O. games but clear and distinct items
not the easiest even on easy or casual
enjoy!

Go to: