slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by slepless777 on Oct 9, 11 4:56 AM
Same DPI issue. I will not fiddle with my system for this or any game. If it doesn't like the way my system is set up, it can go straight to the bin. And it did. Buh bye game. Nice not knowing you.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 9, 11 5:28 AM
I have the same problem as everyone else but I am not willing to change anything from my computer setting for only one game.

[Post New]by beachcomber65 on Oct 9, 11 7:29 AM
I tried all the suggestions and I still couldn't find where I change the DPI , what a dissapointment. Why would BF do this?

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Oct 9, 11 10:00 AM
Sherryah wrote:HELP! Never had this happen before, 2 times i uninstalled and installed again. I have Vista 32 and getting runtime error. What is a run time error? i used 2 different browsers Firefox and Explorer and both give me run time error with a bunch of numbers. I was going to buy this game, but it appears hopeless thus far. If anyone can give suggestions I am all ears. I am using OLDER Game manager but that should not be a problem. I do have my DPI set high to compensate for poor eyesight and I am not going to change it for a game. I doubt that is a problem since I never got to even open the game. Has anyone ever had a run time error before?

EDIT Can't open game it installs great but when I click to play I get Run Time Error(with long string of numbers)
It also says automation error,unspecified error.

Whats up with that?
I have xp and it's the same thing

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 9, 11 10:54 AM
Hi fishies,

In case you missed bfgRhone's earlier post, here's how to adjust your DPI settings:

1. Right click on a empty area of your desktop and choose Personalize.
2. Click on the Display link at the bottom left corner.
3. Select the 'Smaller - 100%' option here.
4. Click on Apply > OK.

Your system may ask you to sign off your computer user account or restart the system in order to apply the changes.

Also, if you're getting a runtime error and running your game as administrator didn't help, please send a Dr. Felix report to our Tech Support team. This will help us to gather information about the types of systems that are being affected by this.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 9, 11 12:03 PM
After continuing to try to get this game to work without success, I have gone ahead and ran Dr. Felix. I've sent the results along with a screen shot of the run-time error that pops up when trying to launch the game. I'm hoping a fix comes through on this game since I loved the first one and was hoping to enjoy this one as well.

LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LinaJules on Oct 9, 11 12:25 PM
So weird...I downloaded the trial last night; went to go and play it and it says the trial is up...I didn't even play it. Why did that happen??

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Oct 9, 11 12:40 PM
LoveYa24 wrote:This is the message I am getting when I try to run the game:

'Run-time error 2147467259 (80004005) -
Automation error
Unspecified error'

Anyone else having this problem or thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks!

I have the same problem... I asked for help but got no answer from the Customer Support ...

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 9, 11 12:49 PM
LinaJules wrote:So weird...I downloaded the trial last night; went to go and play it and it says the trial is up...I didn't even play it. Why did that happen??

Hi LinaJules! I've had that happen to me as well a couple of times. If you uninstall the game and download it again, it should fix the glitch and show the full hour of the demo. Good luck!

Shegsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Shegsy on Oct 10, 11 7:19 AM
I can't start the demo I have reinstalled the game but get the message
Runtime error -214767259 (800040005) automation error unspecified error.

[Post New]by hkdonbigfish on Oct 10, 11 12:47 PM
I followed the instructions to play game as the administrator. I no longer get a run time error...Game just plain doesn't open at all!

[Post New]by easyplayer on Oct 10, 11 2:32 PM
Darla1108 wrote:I started having problems after Rahul came into play. First the game slowed down considerably. I couldn't even begin to play the fish puzzle because it was going in slow motion and it took forever for the skip button to fill. Finally after I was able to skip the fish puzzle, I tried to use the rope ladder and it will not zoom into the area where it goes. The gears show up but it won't zoom in. I can't just place the ladder there. I have clicked everywhere. I even restarted the game with a new profile to see if that would help. But it didn't. I'm afraid I'm going to have to request a refund as I can't go any further if I can't get Rahul to the meeting place.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEN , I SKIP THE FISH PUZZLE FOR THE SAME REAZON. I USE A CREDIT FOR THIS GAME BUT I WANT A REFUND, I CAN'T GO ANY FURTHER.

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Oct 10, 11 3:10 PM
I had no issues downloading or playing. No DPI issues. It's just the rope ladder. I can't get any further in the game because of the glitch. Be sure to contact customer support besides posting. Hope they can fix this. It's a really good game like the first one. Wish they would clean these games up before launching for sale.

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Oct 11, 11 5:34 AM
Add me to the list of NO BUY people without even trying the demo.

I won't change systems settings every time I go to play a game. A reboot every time is time consuming and should be unnecessary. And I like my 125%, so I won't leave it at 100% either.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Oct 11, 11 6:51 AM
Trigger51 wrote:Add me to the list of NO BUY people without even trying the demo.

I won't change systems settings every time I go to play a game. A reboot every time is time consuming and should be unnecessary. And I like my 125%, so I won't leave it at 100% either.

Ditto !

hangel1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by hangel1 on Oct 11, 11 12:51 PM
I have been trying and trying to play this game. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, changed DPI, signed on to play as administrator, still can't play. Keep getting the same activation error everyone else is getting. The logo is on my desktop but the game is not in my purchase history (another mystery). I have written to BFG and still no response. What's a person have to do to get answers around here?

Frustrated,
Hangel

Fritzi41
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Fritzi41 on Oct 11, 11 5:18 PM
DPI issue...should not have to change settings on computer on order to play game. Developers need to be up to speed on this sort of thing. Looks like it could be a neat little game but I will not be finding out.

[Post New]by TealadysCat on Oct 11, 11 5:31 PM
I posted runtime error issue to bf customer support 94hrs ago.....still no reply other than the automated received email reply. YAWN...think I will get refund instead as this is bad service

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Oct 11, 11 7:15 PM
This post is from a 65 year-old woman who LOVES adventure games. I own almost 700 games purchased from BFG. NEVER BEFORE have I had to change my computer settings in order to play ONE GAME. THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!!

I really enjoyed the first Dark Hills game, and I was really excited when I saw that the new one had been finished. I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT I CLICKED TRY INSTEAD OF BUY. I was so close to buying this game without the trial. I can imagine how those of you who did buy without the trial feel.

OK, Big Fish, now is the time for you to remove the game, fix it (and I mean everything), and then (and ONLY THEN), put it out there for sale. You should be ashamed for leaving this game on your list after the 2nd day. You knew by then all the problems, glitches, bugs, whatever you want to call them, were involved in this game, yet you left it out there to be bought, or even tried, by us, your best customers. You should be ashamed. And I know the last sentence will be censored, but I just had to say it.

[Post New]by angel4allanimals on Oct 11, 11 10:45 PM
LoveYa24 wrote:This is the message I am getting when I try to run the game:

'Run-time error 2147467259 (80004005) -
Automation error
Unspecified error'

Anyone else having this problem or thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem with the same exact codes! How do you fix this??

Go to: