Love it

Or Horrendously Dismal Offerings

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Comments for The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnon and the 12 Jewels

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 10, 11 10:14 AM
@Sinshack Thank you very much for your response. That made a lot of sense to me and has kept me from scratching a trench into my head... Didn't they make that Wizard of Oz game? I am not talking about Fiction Fixers - there was another one a while back. Maybe that was a different dev... do you remember which one I am talking about? I thought sure that was an HdO as well, it was pretty awful.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 10, 11 12:14 PM
I really hate to keep begrudging the Hdo games but the Devs. sure don't make it easy not to. The graphics are good, but its downhill from there. It really is a carbon copy of the previous Hdo games with no improvement. I wonder why all the negative feedback from prior games have not made it to the developers or do they just not care.

[Post New]by Timsbabe7707 on Oct 10, 11 1:29 PM
I didn't like this game either. Other than the main character (D'Artagnon), all the other characters are sillouettes. The palace & tavern HOG made me dizzy. Moving the screen was silly. I also reviewed the list & realized that I don't own any of this companies games either. Oh, well. Free game to be used on something else...

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 10, 11 5:40 PM
I've played only to Chapter 4 in the demo. This game does not seem as "bad" as the other offerings from this developer. It looks like they've done some work and have improved with this game. There are a couple of "moving" scenes but I only had to scroll a very short "distance". I think that could have been left out though. The hidden objects are not difficult to find...even the "x-amount" of whatever is asked. Puzzles have been quite clear as what to do and are not difficult. The graphics are not bad at all. There is a lot of "conversation" but I can click through it as quickly as I read it. The story is somewhat simple but is enjoyable. Sound? I don't know as I didn't have the speakers on.

Overall, this is not a bad offering from this company. It is not a RTR or DG, but I can see some effort has been put into the game. I hesitated to download the FT based on so many reviews and comments, but I am glad that I did and gave it a try myself.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 11, 11 1:41 AM
riverdiver wrote:
megwoman25 wrote: They always release on MAC first but BFG doesn't give MAC players the right to open up forums and give reviews. I have no idea why that is so.

Hi megwoman!
Of course Mac users are given a forum for their games, whether they come out first or after the PC release. Most Mac users comment in the Mac user forum, see the TGT thread.

I did trial "The Three Musketeers", the best I can say about this game: no glitches.

Happy week!

No they don't. We (mac users) can leave reviews in games only after the game is released on PC but this game was out on October 1st and there was no forum for it that day or for many days after, same with the profile killer from HdO. and yes we can leave comments in the forums like in chit chat corner where MAC players go but we don't get automatic forums like PC users do for games and all HdO games typically release on MAC first because unlike most developers HdO uses the MAC platform first and then releases onto PC. It wasn't until I got a PC that I realized you could even leave reviews on individual games because if you go to any game even this one right now on the MAC side, you won't see "get tips in the forum" like you do on the PC side when reading the description of a game.

moosie111
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by moosie111 on Oct 11, 11 3:26 PM
HdO games suck big time. I don't know why BFG should lower their good quality. I will play the demo, just for something to fill time, but will not buy them.

Muzby
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Muzby on Oct 11, 11 3:39 PM
Ugh! What an awful game! I never comment, but this one was just so bad I felt I needed to. Then I get here and read the comments and find that everyone but me knew from the get go.

The most irritating thing to me about this game? Clicking the stupid arrows to get to the next scene. Why don't they just take me straight to the scene? Why do I have to click, click, click?

npark
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by npark on Oct 12, 11 3:00 AM
What is is about all these HdO games? Every single one that I have downloaded has come up with just a black screen, even after uninstalling and then re-installing. Get frustrated and just dump the whole thing. Just as well I don't waste my money on buying them!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Oct 12, 11 10:11 AM
Another HdO game, need I say more. I think not.

Go to: