megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan and the 12 Jewels

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 11, 11 1:23 AM
sinshack wrote:
ETA: I did a search to see how many HdO games there are, and there are 16 listed - with 6 of them "new" in 2010. Here is the list:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo
A Girl in the City
A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories
Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp: 1001 Nights
Alice in Wonderland: The Incredible Adventure
Around the World in 80 Days: The Challenge
Blake and Mortimer: Curse of the 30 Denarii
Bonnie and Clyde: Public Enemies
FBI: Paranormal Cases
Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride
Hollywood: The Director's Cut
Jack the Ripper: Letters from Hell
Profiler: The Hopscotch Killer
Secrets of the Vatican: The Holy Lance
The Time Machine: Trapped in Time
Treasure Island: The Golden Bug

/

These all get released on MAC before PC but we Mac players can't make a forum for them LOL don't know why but anyways Profiler: The hopscotch Killer, is one Id actually buy amazingly and I can't stand HdO games as they started coming out for MAC wayyyy before they were ever on BFG. It was another site and they had games Ive never seen on BFG so there are A LOT more floating out there somewhere with worse graphics than half of those. ANYWAYS, the point is I wanted to try Hopscotch killer because it sounded interesting so I actually played the entire demo, it ran out because I was so into the story and the game which is unheard of. Yes it wasn't the best game out there But I was shocked that I could hold interest that long in a HdO game and they had bonus stars so I had like 6 hints at one time and the objects were big on my screen and it was amazing LOL but the game was short and after a hour I was close to being done which is why I didn't purchase but PC gamers, you might want to look for that one when it comes out for your platform. I was like OMG, they are listening to what customers want, at least somewhat.

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 1:24:23 AM PST

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Oct 11, 11 4:04 AM
ShimShalabim wrote:Oh boy! That was bad!!!

Won't buy at regular price.
Won't buy DD.
Wouldn't play if you gave it to me.

This "game" is easily in a duel for worst of the year!
That wouuld make an excelent Chit Chat Thanks fellow fishies for the great reviews they were not only hysterical but really good.I see a H games I run the other way

[Post New]by nightnurse888 on Oct 11, 11 6:45 AM
This must be the most boring game ever. In fact it,s not a game, but a kid,s story book. Come on Big Fish- you can do better than this. I would love to know how many people bought this who were over ten years old

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 11, 11 8:09 AM
Definately a NO BUY for me. Arrrrrgh. You spend most of your time clicking through annoying dialog accompanied by even more annoying music. The moving screen...good grief, I got dizzy and had to stop. What a waste of time. Back to the drawing boards with this one....

[Post New]by LindyLouBrad on Oct 11, 11 10:31 AM
Im pretty new to BF forums, love adventure and HOGS - so one daft question - what does HdO mean?

minkmoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by minkmoo on Oct 11, 11 10:42 AM
Possibly the most boring, stupid game BF has ever put out. I could have more fun watching paint dry. JMO

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Oct 11, 11 11:04 AM
Maybe I am strange but I once I got the hang of the HDO buttons I find the games have some charm. I have never purchased one but enjoy the hour demo. When I want to play something simple. The games/puzzles can be fun. But wish I knew how long it is as well.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 11, 11 11:59 AM
Did not care for this one. Sorry. Graphics are nice and story fine, but I found it very frustrating that every time I clicked on the correct item to be found, I had to click it several types, before it would take. Maybe just my mouse? Hmm...doubt it, but possible. In any case, that was enough to turn me off.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Oct 11, 11 12:02 PM
I have to agree with the majority of posters. Deleted the game after about 10 minutes. I am surprised I lasted that long.

Basically the same format as all the other HdO games. The movement in the beginning is nauseating, but it is only in the beginning scene. Unfortuantely, if you leave the game and come back to it, you will always get that moving scene.

The hidden object scenes range from super easy to find items to ridicuously small and difficult to find. There is no happy medium. I like reading in games so I wasn't bothered by the large amount of dialogue, however, someone who doesn't like to read, will not care for it in this game.

The graphics were so-so. I played without the music so can't coment on that. Basically, the game is just awkward. There is "new and different" in games and then there is just plain "awkward" and I have found all the HdO games to be awkward. Sorry, but not for me.

[Post New]by grandma_retired on Oct 11, 11 3:48 PM
Bad in every sense of the word. Boring, poor graphics, what jewels? Could not stay awake through the hour trial. Total waste of time and download time.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Oct 12, 11 4:34 AM
Just got round to playing this one, and lasted 3 mins! As soon as I saw it was an HdO, I just cringed! I have never found one I like; hate the gameplay; don't enjoy the stories; find the ****'s easy; puzzles unoriginal and boring! All in all, nothing to encourage me to even give it a go!
Sorry HdO, but it's time you listened to the gameplayers------your bread and butter!-----, called it a day and looked for a new concept for your games! Until then, it's not just a NO BUY for me, it's a NO PLAY!!

van60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by van60 on Oct 12, 11 4:30 PM
I'm afraid I found this game soooooo boring. I did try and persevere with it but after 30 mins just had to give up....life is too short!

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 4:31:18 PM PST

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Oct 12, 11 5:45 PM
I did not like this game - too much chatter between characters and scenes. Also did not like having to keep clicking arrows to navigate 5 or 6 screens only to have more character chat. Too much story/chat, not enough game.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Oct 13, 11 7:15 PM
This game was irritating on many levels. I like to skip the dialog and just play, but you had to go through each part of it one by one. I hate that. This seemed like a game from about 5 or 6 years ago. Kinda primitive.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 16, 11 3:04 PM
I don't think it's for me...

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Oct 17, 11 1:41 PM
This game rubbed my fur the wrong way..A person would have to be stupid, arrogant and self centre to get into a duel because someone commented on the colour of his horse. I left the game at that point after he something like he is coming back to get him ..this over a horse...give me a break..

I am pretty sure the musketters ahd more on their minds than to worry what people thouhgt of their horses.

tis the trash bin for this one..

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on Oct 18, 11 8:36 AM
Any price would be too high for this game. Too much inane conversation, tiny hidden objects that gave me eye strain, just plain BLEH!!!!!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 18, 11 12:35 PM
In order to simplify things I've decided to cut and paste my last review of a Hdo game to this and all future Hdo games. Their games are all variations on the same theme(and a pretty dull theme it is) so why should my review follow suit?
Sooooo.....
I was excited to see this game this morning because I thought that the storyline would lend itself well to a HOG.
Downloaded it.
Opened it up.
Saw the HdO logo.
Closed it.
Deleted it.
Better luck tomorrow everyone!
I'm tempted to contact to ask how many more of these crappy games by Hdo are they contracted to sell?

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

In order to simplify things I've decided to cut and paste my last review of a Hdo game to this and all future Hdo games. Their games are all variations on the same theme(and a pretty dull theme it is) so why should my review follow suit?
Sooooo.....
I was excited to see this game this morning because I thought that the storyline would lend itself well to a HOG.
Downloaded it.
Opened it up.
Saw the HdO logo.
Closed it.
Deleted it.
I'm tempted to contact to ask how many more of these crappy games by Hdo are they contracted to sell?

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Sooooo.....
Downloaded it.
Opened it up.
Saw the HdO logo.
Closed it.
Deleted it.

Go to: