ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Reviews for Halloween: Trick or Treat

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Oct 21, 11 4:39 PM
Not really my kind of game. It's cute for a child because it's catchy with the music and funny noises and sounds. The puzzles are screamingly easy ! I would get this as a DD but I would not buy this at full price...sorry Think I'll wait for the next one!

[Post New]by SonomaRose on Oct 23, 11 2:33 PM
It didn't look very complicated, so I chose Challenge mode. Mostly **** scenes, needed a hint sometimes for the last item I couldn't find. Good graphics, objects sometimes challenging to find. It didn't have a walkthrough, but was easy enough that I can't imagine needing one.
I found out about the candy canes by accident when I clicked on one close to another object I found. I never did figure out the points for skulls & pumpkins until I read about it in this review forum.
**** scenes were separated by very simple puzzles and mini games.All in all, I think this is good seasonal children's game or for someone who likes easy **** games. I give it about a 6 out of 10.
Just before the demo was finished, I felt that I had enough of the game, so wouldn't buy it. Casual Arts did a good job on this one, just not for me.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 23, 11 3:23 PM
The HOG scenes are of junkpile nature. I found the scenes to be way to dark to spot all the objects without the use of the hint button. I think this game is geared toward the 10+ age. After each scene there is a puzzle for you to solve. Very easy puzzle. In each scene there are 2 candy canes to find for extra points, and there is at least 1 place, if you move your curser over you can click to see if you get a trick or treat.
I wouldn't buy this game, but it may appeal to some.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 23, 11 3:59 PM
Bought it the day it came out & played right away! It was a fun, fast refreshing return to those old hidden object days. Cute, a little creepy, perfect to get you in the mood for All Hallows and by no means too easy - sure no sneakers were harmed during the playing of this game - but those candy canes made you work for it in several scenes!! Lots of objects were tricksy to find too. This is one I'll go back to just for grins!!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 24, 11 4:26 PM
GREAT game.....my FAVORITE holiday. . Colorful graphics! For the kid at .

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Oct 25, 11 12:18 PM
This is a very cute game for Halloween. My grandkids enjoyed it and I had fun helping them as well. I like that there is a puzzle after every HOG scene.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 25, 11 3:58 PM

I played the whole game and it actually got better as it progressed.

Its a straight HOG with pretty good scene animations and some interactive bits in each scene. There are some fairly easy puzzles interspersed between H0 scenes.

It's about a sister and brother who go out for trick-or-treat in their small town and the adventures they have that night.

The environmental sounds are good but the music is techno-terrible. You can turn the music down low and its OK.

This is going to be a seasonal favorite to get me in the mood to hand out candy!

elenasstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by elenasstar on Oct 26, 11 4:20 AM
Great Fun! I enjoyed the game! My only complaint was that it was too short! But still great Halloween fun!

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Oct 28, 11 10:49 AM
This is a cute Halloween game, with good graphics, easy gameplay and really good quirky music. This is not a buy for me though, but I think it will be brilliant for children.

[Post New]by marabl on Oct 30, 11 10:17 PM
I like this game and the graphics, hidden object game. But I think some elements are sloppy, sometimes there is not a space between words in a sentence, objects are spelled wrong or awkwardly - "frizbee" or "drink can". And what is up with the candy canes, that seems more Christmas to me than Halloween...at least make it candy corn or something. So I like the game, but those things annoy me a little bit, like someone didn't do a final proofread. Takes away from the good graphics and a good hidden object game where you can actually find things.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Oct 31, 11 5:35 PM
Too bad, a no buy for me. I love HOGs but this one is way too childish, too brightly colored, and just plain no. I waited until today to play and now I am disappointed since it wasn't worth the wait. For those who enjoy this one, have fun.

Happy Halloween fishies; I'm off to a mini-dinner party with fingers for dessert.

CelticCoco

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 1, 11 9:23 AM
Fun game if you are really a fan of HOGs..because that is what it is plus some very easy, but fun mini games. I had to turn the sound off because the music and dialog just about put me over the edge.

The drop down score board did put me over the edge. It drops down every time your curser gets close...really annoying. Got to where I didn't even want to click on something at the top of the screen. Those annoying trick or treat flashing scull/pumpkin things are nearly impossible.

I've been playing it on and off for about a week, but too many HOGS drive me nuts after awhile and I have to quit. Still playing and wondering when the end will ever come!

Okay for a sale game, but I don't know if I would pay full price. Not really a kid game since the HOGS can be difficult because some of the items are hidden or really small. Gets a bit frustrating at times.

[Post New]by grankasperski on Nov 12, 11 12:22 PM
I am sure we would enjoy this little game, but it will do everything but let me click on the hidden objects, I have all the effects but can not play it. I even reinstalled the game and still the same thing, no click and ideas out there.

Lots of fun - very relaxing

[Post New]by Squidipuss on Oct 30, 13 5:37 PM
I purchased this game after the trial time and am enjoying playing it. It's a straight-forward HO game - no complicated quest to follow. Since I play HO games to relax, it's perfect for me.

I love the animations that liven up the HO scenes. A rat scurries across the street; the eyeballs in a jar look around, etc. Each scene has 4 or more small animations.

I think this is a game that could be played more than once without memorizing the hidden objects, since each scene is filled with lots more objects than needed.

A few details about how I play, for full info: I don't listen to the music or sound effects. I played in the more difficult mode, since I hate sparkles. The mini-games were far easier than the HO scenes - some so easy I just skipped them.

I know that several reviewers has said that this is a "kids's game," but I guess that depends on the kid. Some of the objects are quite obscure and some require a fairly extensive knowledge base to understand. How many kids know that Taurus is a bull?

I would certainly recommend this game.

Go to: