momoftoad
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor technical issues here only

[Post New]by momoftoad on Oct 30, 11 12:44 AM
FIXED ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR

Reloaded my graphics drivers (even though they were up to date) and installed the latest version of directX (I am on XP so it was version 9.14). That did the trick. Game seems to run slow (AKA memory hog - cursor lag whenever sound files change) so deleting cookies and generally cleaning up any memory issues should help too. Hope that helps someone!

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Oct 30, 11 11:38 AM
possible spoiler
Same here "access violation" just as I put in a four number code for the chest in the leaf pile. No problems during the demo. So frustrating!

[Post New]by bem123 on Oct 30, 11 1:12 PM
I completed the statue puzzle and received mystery vessel. Now I cant exit the the screen to go back to another location. The walking feet aren't showing or anything. I've tried reinstalling and everything and it hasn't helped.

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Oct 30, 11 1:13 PM
Has it been fixed yet, hope someone responds soon as I want the sale price.

Terry742
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Terry742 on Nov 1, 11 5:31 PM
I tried this game and liked it, but had troubles with it freezing. I've used up all my trial time. I updated the display driver. I'd like to buy the program, but not if it's still acting up. Is there some way to get a few more minutes to see if the problem is solved?

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Nov 8, 11 1:09 AM
biged49 wrote:Error access violation uinstalled tried again same error.Looks like a good game it let me start it but when I quit and went back thats when I get error both times.Don't want to go through the trouble to figure it out.Never happened before.Too bad!

Had same trouble, but I started it from my program files without a problem (i think i had to do it twice). Also, try making it available to all users, fixed the problem in another game.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Nov 8, 11 1:10 AM
nelliegemini wrote:It loaded fine, but now I'm getting 'Error access violation' and a black screen I have to CntrlAltDel to get out of. Off to check the help pages!

Oh, and this is the first time I've had a problem since the beginning of the Game Manager debacle, and I have downloaded and trialled every game except 'Slots'.

Had same trouble, but I started it from my program files without a problem (i think i had to do it twice). Also, try making it available to all users, fixed the problem in another game

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Nov 8, 11 1:11 AM
ChocCherry wrote:ACCESS VIOLATION - Not dealing with this one either. No buy.

Had same trouble, but I started it from my program files without a problem (i think i had to do it twice). Also, try making it available to all users, fixed the problem in another game

DeanoD
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by DeanoD on Nov 14, 11 8:02 PM
It seems that BFG has no serious intention of fixing this game. Too bad, it looked promising. But, way too many are NOT working well of late. The problem is NOT with the gamers, but with simple lack of testing by the developers. Either fix them or toss them, but don't try to sell them to us!!

[Post New]by waltonent on Dec 3, 11 11:25 AM
I was able to play the entire game through without any error messages by running it as Administrator. To do this, go to "Computer," Program Files," Find the folder for the game, then right click on the .exe file for the game. Under the pop-up menu, go down to "Run as Administrator" and click. Click OK when prompted, and that should fix it for you

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Jan 16, 12 2:13 PM
Purchase SE game while on sale and also got black screen at 1st attempt to play. Uninstall then re-install from purchase history and now works fine (a bit slow at times).

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Feb 3, 12 12:17 PM
well, since buying a new computer with quite good technical parametres (4gb ram, intel i-3 and so on) this is the first game i have problems after playing about 10 of them. the trial version went great. then i purchased it and that is when the trouble started. firstly it just kept loading and loading forever. i stopped playing for few days. today, as already described, it lauched straight into black screen and when pressed ctrl+alt+delete, some access violation message occurs.

going to reinstall the thing, playing the beginning again and lets see.

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Feb 3, 12 4:05 PM
yeah. uninstalled, and installed again. but - the problem persisted.

so uninstalled again. restarted pc and tried to install it again.
just finished the game.

quite nice and listenable music, ocassional surprise of the demon, but otherwise an average easy HOG.

[Post New]by dachshundgal54 on Mar 29, 12 2:40 PM
can't pick up the brush, do you have a fix for this game??

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 6, 12 12:30 AM
dachshundgal54, if you're having trouble picking up items, try to see if disabling the custom cursor will help. You can do this from the Options menu.

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

bfgRhone

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on Aug 17, 12 7:20 PM
I just (August-2012) tried this game for the first time and got the access violation error during the hour trial. Is there a fix yet?

Edited on 08/17/2012 at 8:19:19 PM PST

[Post New]by laura0905 on Aug 25, 12 10:09 AM
Game is loading fine just can't get the bullet out the car in the hidden game bit

[Post New]by jfbernier001 on Aug 25, 12 8:55 PM
I have the same problem with the bullet in the car.

Pindusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Pindusa on Aug 27, 12 3:59 PM
I am unable to finish the hidden object search in the trunk of the car because it will not let me select the cookie. When are you going to send me an update correcting this?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 29, 12 12:54 PM
Hi Fishies,

It does look like a lot of you are running into trouble with some of the hidden object items.

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't straighten things out, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team and send them a Dr. Felix Report.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

You can read more about how to get in touch with Tech Support and send them that info in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: