Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Reviews for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 23, 11 6:12 AM
This is a great se game! The graphic is really good (not great, but good), hogscenes and puzzles are good too. I like especially the storyline. For me its a definete buy

sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sunsh on Oct 23, 11 8:25 AM
I beta'd this and have been saving a credit just for it. Been awhile so it will be a happy Sunday for me. I remember graphics where clear and I love going back n forth. I take my time an enjoy the whole game so it lasts longer. Of course, the older I get I take my time alot lol. Well, I'm off to d/l an hope you all enjoy this as much as what bit I did see.
Happy gaming fishies...am a happy fish now...I give it a

sunsh

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Oct 23, 11 8:47 AM

I really wanted to like this, as a SE game which are few and far between when you buy the CE's, I gave it the full trial, but just didnt like it,

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Oct 23, 11 1:59 PM
I haven't yet downloaded this game although it seems like many have enjoyed playing it. When I read the description it sounded exactly like Twisted Lands: Insomniac. Have any of you played that game and in which way is this one different?

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 23, 11 4:11 PM
Just love it so far - bought after 15 min of demo. Personally I can't get enough creepy stuff in October - but would like this any time of year. Don't know where folks landed on the greenish/grainyish graphics - but I'm a fan! The color/texture really adds to the atmosphere IMO. Really drew me in & makes me want to go back and play Redrum again too for the full October experience

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 23, 11 7:10 PM
all i can say is that i'm not feeling the love with this one...

the hidden objects are sometimes SO stuck behind something else that they don't look anything like what you're looking for... playing 'solitaire' in the middle of a HOG isn't my idea of a mini-game, either... and that folder keeps flashing all the time! such a distraction!

no, i will be passing on this one and waiting for something more appealing...

happy gaming

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Oct 23, 11 8:24 PM
I bought it and played it all the way through, but I can't say I really liked it.

I think the cruelty factor was just a little too high.

Spoiler: I stole morphine from a burn victim and that's supposed to be a good thing? Seriously?

Not a game I'll play again.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Oct 24, 11 1:53 AM
I really liked this game. It was the best **** game I've played in a long time. It wasn't all slapped together and buggy like a lot of games have been lately. It had a really good story line. Normally I'm not all that interested in the story and skip most of it, but I kinda got sucked into this one.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Oct 24, 11 6:19 AM
I really liked the game. I suggest anyone who might be interested to give it a try and not allow negative reviews on any game stop you. there will always be complaints but each person to their own game. I like dark eerie games, wish there were more of them. I love going through an old hospital or old houses looking for things, checking out different rooms. I am really happy to have the opportunity to purchase this first and it not being a CE. Thanks again Big fish, I love that we have games to choose from and entertainment. I happen to like car crashes, thats the only thing this game didnt have. This is a great game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 24, 11 7:41 AM
Wow....I guess I'm the only downer on this game. Played about 15 minutes of the demo and found that it doesn't really flow well. Graphics certainly aren't up to other games and the HOGS are grainy and a bit hard to navigate. Sometimes I would just click and it would pick up something that was totally not distiguishable. Not a buyer for me at $6.99 and probably not even $2.99....

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 24, 11 7:52 PM
Well, this was a decent game for a game club credit....it was nice to be able to use one of my credits....so many CE that come out lately...I highly recommend this game....great fun...many **** scenes too!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 24, 11 7:52 PM
Well, this was a decent game for a game club credit....it was nice to be able to use one of my credits....so many CE that come out lately...I highly recommend this game....great fun...many **** scenes too!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 24, 11 9:29 PM
I really enjoyed this game!! Took me 6 hours and 25 min, per their clock, long play for a SE. I do really try not to use hints or walkthroughs on SE's... makes the game last MUCH longer just sitting, thinking and reviewing the inventory. For ME, it's not a race to beat the clock, it's about enjoying the journey...

I SO have to agree with many comments about the quality of the graphics... while beautifully done, they were very grainy which DID NOT add to the quality of the game. The graininess was totally unnecessary, so take note Developers... and sharpen that image. You have a large population of people who are from minor to majorly visually impaired, and without my 15X magnifying glass, some (not all) of the areas I had to explore would have been impossible to see. Fix this issue and I'd give you a 5/5 instead of a 4/5.

Additionally, from the middle to the end of the game, it became pretty linear, find one thing, do one thing, with a lot of travel... wore out a couple of pairs of shoes and ran my happy tail ragged.

I am very happy that I purchased and played this game and don't regret my decision at all.. Story line was tremendous!! I'd buy and play a sequel, with fingers crossed that the grainy problem would go away... No technical issues, wide screen worked perfectly with no setting adjustments.

Give it a whorl... I think you will be pleased!!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Oct 25, 11 8:17 AM
I LOVE this game! I don't tire of the asylum/ hospital theme.
The storyline was really neat! The hidden object scenes were a bit tough, but that just makes the game more fun (to me). Mini games were unusual and nice.
I found it to be a great adventure!

And as for 'lifting your spirits', what's more lifting than fighting to survive and saving another person in the process? The thrill of escape gives you a rush.

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by KitSeason on Oct 25, 11 12:44 PM
Ok, y'all convinced me. I'm going to give it a try at least.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Oct 25, 11 6:01 PM
Well, I just finished the demo and I'll pass. I know most everyone was pleased with this one, but the green/gray/brown of every scene was tiring on my brain & eyes. I realize it's an asylum/hospital, but these graphics are just too dark for me to enjoy the hidden object scenes. And I didn't care to play the cassettes either. Oh well, glad for those who liked it.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 25, 11 6:33 PM
I did buy this game based on demo and forum remarks. I don't regret the buy, but I just did not like this game.

The story line was OK but not the best I've seen for this type of hospital/asylum based game. The graphics in the H0 scenes especially weren't that favorable. Sometimes I clicked on something not remotely like what was on the list but it was accepted. Some objects were practically entirely hidden from view behind other items with only a tiny bit showing. The journal was a bit helpful to keep up with things, but the map was practically useless for me. Sometimes when having to look for an item I needed, the place I would find it made absolutely no sense (not in the game but an "example" - having to go to a kitchen to look for an axe). I have no idea about the sound as I don't play with speakers on.

Overall, I just didn't like the game but persevered to the end because I did buy it. No replay value for me.

rchogan
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rchogan on Oct 26, 11 8:17 PM
What a great game! Good story, beautiful graphics, flawless interface. Thanks.

[Post New]by mikkimax on Oct 27, 11 6:30 AM
Hi All!!, I'm new to the forum thing..I'm stuck..The mannequins in the attic, I followed the instructions from the walkthrough but nothing happens..any suggestions..Thanks

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Oct 27, 11 11:19 AM
I remember I beta'd this and have been waiting for it to be available because it was a really well done game and very intriguing. The voice over work was great. It sometimes kills it for me (I can't lose myself in the game if the voice over is weird, too slow, too fast, etc) when it's not very good. The game was easy to play. It wasn't too dark or too bright. Objects were easy to find. The story was good and didn't seem thrown together. I loved it and it's definitely a buy for me.

Also, I didn't even think of it before, but Shady Pines... Golden Girls. I love that show, so it's a surprise it didn't come to me right away, lol.

Go to: