Re:Post any Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by TimidHermit on Oct 23, 11 10:56 PM
Please fix the Bee Challenge mini-game so that it is winnable. After hours of playing and replaying the game, I have come to the conclusion that the game is unwinnable at its present state by skills alone.

In all the attempts I made, I had observed that consecutive honey drips were frequently too far apart to allow me to reposition the honey block in time for all the drips to drop into the honey pot without missing any. This is because the trajectory of each drip has NO lateral momentum and CANNOT be changed once it leaves the honey block. Thus, I find it impossible to score the achievement because there would always be two consecutive drips that fall too closely together in time but yet too far apart in distance to be caught by the pot without missing one or the other.

A fix would be to either lower the threshold success rate to score the achievement or slow down the drip rates (or to add lateral momentum for the drips).

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Post any Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Oct 23, 11 11:17 PM
WilJul wrote:
M1rAk0n wrote:
Thank WilJul and mcurty for the quick responses.

The log is actually just partially carved, and I have tried every tool, I have a feeling it bugged due to not adding the palette/shield before attempting to carve.

(Have just restarted the game as I am a quick gamer, but still worried it may happen again.)

Well, that's a stumper! (Haha! Totally unintended pun!) I know I didn't add the shield until it was time for painting, but had added the palette, so can't be sure that's the issue. What happened when you used the wrong tool? Anything?

Hope you can restart without having it happen again! Let us know. Good luck!

trying anything just put the tool back in it's original place. Though before I restarted game clicking the palette converted to a nonusable brush that vanished when you picked up a chisel Oo (and then turned back if you moused over the pallette with chisel in hand..)

[Post New]by Salvius23 on Oct 24, 11 1:10 AM
I have consistent display problems when launching the game, version 1.1: The exact behavior varies a bit, but basically it's a black screen where the main menu should be (while the music plays). Sometimes it loads the logos, and/or the background of the menu screen, then goes black; other times just a blank screen. I've even seen what appeared to be the display driver resetting.

There is a workaround - alt-tabbing out and then back into the game seems to reset the display, and then the menu appears, and everything works (so far).

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, with a GeForce GTX 560 Ti, driver version 280.26. Feel free to email me if you want more system info or anything.

[Post New]by Squonk on Oct 24, 11 4:37 AM
mcurty wrote:
Squonk wrote:
sueszootoo wrote:I have carved the king figure, sanded it and then picked up the paint brush. I can't paint the figure just get these puffs but also I can't put dowm the brush to try anything else..

I am also having the same difficulties. Has this query been answered or will this forum be an endless list of questions with no answers provided?

You have to put the shield on its stand and clean it so you can tell what colors to paint the figures before it will allow you to paint them.

I'm aware of that. The difficulty is a technical one. I pick up the correct colour on the brush but it won't 'lay down' the paint on the statue. Occasionally just a small portion of paint will appear.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Oct 24, 11 5:28 AM
I purchased and installed this game on the 22nd. Played for a good part of the day. The evening of the 23rd I continued to play and suddenly the screen went blank with this message:

Error: Access violation @ 0x77803740 (tried to read from 0x1F97D490) program terminated.

I don't have a clue what that is and I've never ever had an error message before on any game. I deleted from my recycle bin and uninstalled from control panel, so will try a re-install. I have the previous Drawn games, so hope this works.

[Post New]by mindles on Oct 24, 11 5:37 AM
pepopsmama wrote:Can't seem to click on the piece of the tree trunk in the cave to patch it into the root...have looked at the hint to make sure I am attempting it correctly...still won't let me click on the piece I am supposed to. Please help

I have the identical problem. I've patched two spots successfully, but no third patch has become clickable. :-(

[Post New]by birdcatfish on Oct 24, 11 6:33 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the current version and the issue with the mushroom puzzle is still a problem. Is this going to be fixed soon?

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Oct 24, 11 1:19 PM
I'm having similar issues with the electrical root (?) puzzle. I did it the wrong way and tried to reset it but it won't reset. Now I have all these lines going the wrong way and I can't get past it. Tried to click on the dots to undo it all, but it didn't work. Looks like others have the same issues. Do I have to start all over again just to get this puzzle correct? UGH!!!!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Oct 24, 11 1:42 PM
Woe-is-me. I posted earlier re problems and the game quit at the Cave. Re-installed w/new profile, played today and got into the mountain. Had to quit to run a couple of errands. Got home and wanted to play some more, it loaded to 8% and that's as far as it would go. I had to ctrl/alt/del. Tried 3 different times to play, but the same thing happened each time. I also had problems with the last two mini-games.

I LOVE this game, but wish I could play it. Now what do I do?????? Do I do the re-install process for the 3rd time or wait til it gets fixed?

SweetCaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SweetCaz on Oct 24, 11 2:06 PM
Please help! Trial version of this game went really well. Always like the Drawn series. Paid for the CE and now teh game just goes black! I get a curser ect, but thats it :o(

whatleyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by whatleyk on Oct 24, 11 2:16 PM
mariannequilts wrote:I purchased and installed this game on the 22nd. Played for a good part of the day. The evening of the 23rd I continued to play and suddenly the screen went blank with this message:

Error: Access violation @ 0x77803740 (tried to read from 0x1F97D490) program terminated.

I don't have a clue what that is and I've never ever had an error message before on any game. I deleted from my recycle bin and uninstalled from control panel, so will try a re-install. I have the previous Drawn games, so hope this works.

I posted on page 1 about a similar error with different codes. I am completely unable to play this game, & have reinstalled 3 times, rebooting each time. I have the first 2 Drawn games & love them, & was looking forward to playing the trial & buying the CE. I've also tried resizing my display to a lower resolution with no success. I really wish I could play this game!

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Oct 24, 11 4:15 PM
LaComtesse wrote:I am unable to move past the mushroom/electrical box. The screen puzzle will not reset (yes I try pushing the rectangle buttons at the top and bottom of the box to no avail). I have tried TWICE removing/deleting Drawn 3 from my Big Fish Account, and then re loading it from the My Account/Purchases page. When I reopen the game, I am exactly where I left off...those #$%& mushrooms!!! And still stuck!!!

Please advise...

I'm having the same issues, tried to reset the puzzle. Screen goes black and game crashes. Plus it takes forever to load a new scene. I've played all the games plus alot of others and have never encountered this problem. I've uninstalled, reinstalled a few times with no luck.

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Oct 24, 11 4:31 PM
I bought the game after the update and found many glitches. I uninstalled by game manager and reinstalled through purchase history and many problems still exist. When going to new chapters my pirate just floats around at 0%. Had to get the task manager to shut down the game several times to make it through to the end. Each time I'd start back up, I'd make it a chapter or two and then again have to restart. It's a shame because this game is as nice as the other Drawn games, it's just a total pain with all the hang-ups

Edited on 10/24/2011 at 4:34:02 PM PST

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Oct 24, 11 4:46 PM
15 min or so for the guy in the boat to load anything. It's slower on the upgraded version than the original. Now I keep freezing on the faun after I cut the roots. I have to reboot, then it takes me back to the beginning of the lamplighter game (which I'm getting sick of playing!). Getting really sick of wasting my download quota on having to redownload games that don't work properly.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 24, 11 4:49 PM
Hi fishies,

If you're still experiencing some of the issues that were addressed with the new build, please be sure to get in touch with our Technical Support team.

If you're receiving an "Access Violation" error message, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Access Violation

If you're getting a black/blank screen, or if your game is freezing or crashing, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these steps don't help to solve your issue, please contact Tech Support so that one of our reps can take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by kaidensgrammy on Oct 24, 11 6:22 PM
I havent seen anyone with the problem I have. Played the demo fine, bought it, downloaded and when I hit play I get a message "This profile must be updated for this version of the game. Unfortunately some save data may be lost". Then the screen freezes with the music still playing and have to control alt esc to minimize it and have to shut down to remove it. I have deleted and downloaded the game several times and get the same thing. I don't understand what that message means. I contacted the help department but they have not yet gotten back to me and its been 3 days. I really want to play this game. Help!

[Post New]by Squonk on Oct 24, 11 6:32 PM
Squonk wrote:
mcurty wrote:
Squonk wrote:
sueszootoo wrote:I have carved the king figure, sanded it and then picked up the paint brush. I can't paint the figure just get these puffs but also I can't put dowm the brush to try anything else..

I am also having the same difficulties. Has this query been answered or will this forum be an endless list of questions with no answers provided?

You have to put the shield on its stand and clean it so you can tell what colors to paint the figures before it will allow you to paint them.

I'm aware of that. The difficulty is a technical one. I pick up the correct colour on the brush but it won't 'lay down' the paint on the statue. Occasionally just a small portion of paint will appear.

I figured it out! Don't use the brush to 'click' the colour on the figure - just 'drag' it across the area that you want painted. It worked for me. No 'puffs' of colour!

nayski
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nayski on Oct 24, 11 7:45 PM
Electric Mushroom puzzle not resetting: I put in a help ticket with Big Fish. After more than 24 hours now, there has been no response. I'm so disappointed. I love this game. Don't make me ask for a refund. Please ask the makers to fix these errors. Sounds like they released this game without properly testing it. I'm very sad.

[Post New]by SexiePrincess on Oct 24, 11 7:56 PM
Singtrue wrote:Can't recall what chapter it occurs in, but right after I've watered the bear and elephant shrubs and the rabbit shrubs pops up, I paint the eggs and the rabbit reveals the medallion to me. Unfortunately, I cannot pick it up. No matter what I do. It just keeps talking to the rabbit, and only shows the cursor for conversation.
I have tried restarting the game, going to different scenes, even trying to complete other tasks, but thats the only one left to do. So I'm definitely stuck.

I am having this same exact problem.... BFG... HELP!!!!

[Post New]by SexiePrincess on Oct 24, 11 8:00 PM
I have two different games going and two different issues...

The first one I was having before the updated version - at the lit up tree root, I don't see any other piece to fill in the hole at the top right and it's still too dark to do anything.

So I uninstalled the game, reinstalled the update and the problem STILL existed.

I created a new profile and now I cannot get the frog medallion from the rabbit, he just keeps saying the same phrase and my cursor is quotation marks instead of being able to pick anything up.

Go to: