Re:Welcome to Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary forum

[Post New]by Game_Freak22 on Nov 9, 11 10:21 AM
there is no walkthrough or tips, and i eventually found that it is not needed. but the game is tedious and so similar to others, even not as good as others. it froze on me and i had to reload and change my name, even. i do not endorse game. others are better.

[Post New]by zosia66 on Nov 16, 11 5:23 AM
I am stuck at the clock. It keeps telling me to find the missing pendulum but the hint keeps telling me that it is the next thing I should do but I don't have the pendulum and I have already installed both weights; I cannot go further in the game until I figure out what to do here...can someone please help?

[Post New]by jtbratko on Nov 16, 11 6:10 PM
I'm stuck too. I'm in the hidden object area of the fountain. I've found everything except the "oar". When I click the eye for a hint, it circles a small area to the right of the screen by the bushes & car. I can't find the oar there. I'm stuck until I get the object from this hidden object puzzle. Can anyone help????

[Post New]by HANKYPANKY202 on Nov 18, 11 3:45 PM
I've unistalled & re-installed this game 4 times..and strted it all over again.

I must be slower than most.......but I'm stuck at the second bedroom (Nursery) Accidently back out of 1st **** sceene and cannot get back in... therefore no knife for the spring. Nor does a secong **** scene appear for the clock hand.

Have already lost the tile in the fireplace without notation in the book.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by nazjiirsmom on Nov 20, 11 7:53 AM
Buffyran wrote:I have a silver and gold rose and a stencil but now I am stuck. What do I need to do to move on. Replayed all rooms but still cannot figure out the next move. Help!

i am having the same issue. When I click the eye for a hint it shows me a desk in the room with the cupid in it. I can't find the word that is supposed to be used to unlock the desk. Does anyone know what the code word is?

[Post New]by zosia66 on Nov 21, 11 4:57 AM
Dear all,
I got help from big fish game team and they told me to do following steps to fix the problem. I tried first one and it really worked! But you will need to re-play the game again. Anyway, I hope these helps you guys...

option 1. try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Every once in a while a game won't install properly and you can run into things like this.

option 2. Or make sure your Adobe Flash and Shockwave players are up to date. Sometimes games will run into blocks like this if those aren't current since the games need that software to play.

Good luck!

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Nov 21, 11 1:42 PM
Maybe this is not the right place to mention this, but could someone at BFG please proofread these things to make sure they call a "spade a spade" so to speak? I'm tired of searching for a balloon only to find that they mean a helium tank or for a lantern when they mean a flashlight. It would sure help me not to tear my hair out so much, lol.

meljb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by meljb on Nov 23, 11 2:13 PM
Hi thier, I have a bow arrow a rose and a sphere, I,m now at the first cottage as everywhere else tells me thieres noting to do, the hint button doesant work on in that room, so I assume I have to do something to get the key to get into the other cottage, anyone know what I have to do thanks. would really help, this would have to be the most frustrating game, yet would help if I could finish it.

HELP!

[Post New]by SoraiaPaulo on Nov 25, 11 6:50 PM
Someone can tell me where is the brush to finish the portrait?? And even now where is the balance and the hammer to complete the chest of drawers, please. I'm stuck, I can't find anything.

[Post New]by rarechaos on Nov 25, 11 7:48 PM
I made it all the way to the locked mansion from the picture. The only item I have is a hawk emblem. There are no hidden object scenes and I have no key to get into the mansion. I am stuck when I try the hint button it just says that every where I go there is nothing I can do. I can't find any walk through and I am so stuck!

kimistry
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary Walkthrough

[Post New]by kimistry on Dec 17, 11 3:00 PM
I posted a very basic walkthrough for this game. Once again, there was only one of the large puzzles (the feathers) I didn't bother wasting time finishing, but I asked a friend who is better at that sort of thing, and I'm waiting to hear back from him. So, I might be able to update it later, if I find out a quick way to do it.

Anyway, hope this helps!

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 2:19:30 PM PST

[Post New]by darbo88 on Dec 29, 11 5:01 PM
i also was stuck at the clock, having put in the weights but it was still telling me i needed another one - but (as someone suggested elsewhere) i was able to get past this by clicking to the left of the clock (while zoomed in to the pendulum closeup view) and then some gems magically appeared in my hand. hope that helps.

[Post New]by dsunshine48 on Jan 22, 12 12:16 PM
I got through all the jerky movements of the game...even stumbled over some pretty hard hurdles....to reach the end....this had to have been the most worthless HOG I have ever played. Dont waste your money or your time

[Post New]by CheyenneAlyssa on Aug 13, 12 11:15 AM
I cannot make it any further than having the axe, sword, matches (found what to use the scissor's I found for but wow, blah, blah) and I've made it to the front of the house and went left, and right, down to the river but everywhere I go I click the hint thing I get "There is nothing else to do here right now) so I have no clue where to go, and have tried what few objects I DO have I'm unable to use... After reading this forum on it I definitely am going to uninstall.. I saw it had a 4 & a half star rating but it will not get but one star from me and that is only because I HAVE to put at least one.. If anyone knows anything PLEASE post...Thanks

[Post New]by debbie107uk on Aug 17, 12 12:18 PM
What a disappointment - can't even play the game it starts and goes through the first sequence but then crashes

I would have thought after all this time you would have got the developers to fix this game but heyho

Welcome to Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary forum

[Post New]by Ambarpr on Sep 16, 12 3:23 PM
I stuck

[Post New]by garfield_gal on Dec 9, 12 8:00 PM
mellomom2 wrote:I am stuck at the clock. It keeps telling me to find the missing pendulum but the hint keeps telling me that it is the next thing I should do but I don't have the pendulum and I have already installed both weights; I cannot go further in the game until I figure out what to do here...can someone please help?

[Post New]by garfield_gal on Dec 9, 12 8:02 PM
i am stuck there as well. i have installed both pendulums and as such can go no further as every time i press hint it keeps directing me to the blasted clock

tylia2003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tylia2003 on Mar 23, 14 11:37 AM
How come I can't get full screen, had it before. Please help.

Go to: