bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Re:Post any Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 26, 11 8:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like some of you are having trouble downloading this game. Be sure to check out the help page article below, it has helped many people resolve similar issues in the past:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Thanks!

bfgKenai

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 26, 11 8:24 AM
The download is now working for me.

[Post New]by SMartin60 on Oct 26, 11 8:25 AM
Same here stoped downloading at 9% so I went to another sight and bought it!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 26, 11 8:31 AM
My download is stuck at 82%. Tried alternate method, still not working. Will let it go a bit longer and see if it finishes. grr...

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Oct 26, 11 8:34 AM
I checked the help pages and it is NOT my firewall that is causing the problem. The game downloads fine for about 40% on my machine and then suddenly notices all the other games that have downloaded just perfectly and gets shy and quits and sticks its thumb in its mouth and looks down at the road and refuses to move.

Oh, and I am not having trouble downloading games. Recyclemania downloaded with no issues immediately after I quit messing with this one.

Edited on 10/26/2011 at 8:37:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Hookedgamer on Oct 26, 11 8:41 AM
I also had a long wait on the d/l. Never had that happen before. Has finally finished, so we'll see how the trial goes...

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Oct 26, 11 8:48 AM
Not my firewall nor any other of solutions. "Can download any other game with no problem. Seems to me that this game is a "Big Fishs tech problem. how about fixing it.

luv2cruz
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by luv2cruz on Oct 26, 11 9:15 AM
Same problem downloading. Gets stuck at 78%.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Oct 26, 11 9:47 AM
Got you beat mine stopped at 90%. Don't need the game that bad.

aoakley455
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by aoakley455 on Oct 26, 11 9:54 AM
Downloaded this game at another site, very quickly with no problems what so ever! What does this tell you BF?? Must be something screwed up with your download. And look at the numbers having problems downloading, too many for it to be all our computers! Game is fun, guess I'll have to soon look at another gaming site if this one keeps giving me problems.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Oct 26, 11 11:31 AM
My download stuck at 78%. Never, ever, had any problems with downloading until now.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 26, 11 11:38 AM
Well, I'm all the way to 91% now (3 hours later) after having to restart it several times because it times out.
C'mon BFG - I WANT to play this game!

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by lottelein on Oct 26, 11 11:38 AM
Add me to long list of those who had download problems -- I got to 88% then it stopped. Kerplunk. Help!!!!

[Post New]by allengwendolyn on Oct 26, 11 11:56 AM
i bought the game n it still want download only get to 97% so mad please fix this problem never had a prolbem before i hope u fix it soon or give me my credit back thank you

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Oct 26, 11 12:01 PM
BF is ALWAYS going to blame your computer first then you will end up dealing with tech support, which they will not know what the problem is. Then they will give you a new game credit if you already purchased the game and this game will be fixed in about a month or so. It's a familiar cycle.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Oct 26, 11 12:12 PM
Sorry BigFishies this download has a problem. I went to another site d/l. played trial, loved it. Uninstalled and came back to my first love..BF..purchased the game and again tried d/l. It is now stuck at 57.1 MB, little wheel is still going around on the game manager and NOTHING is happening. This is only my 4th try to d/l. The computer is only a month old so that is not the problem. The other site d/l in about 5 minutes. There is no problem with my firewall. Norton came up and verified your site and game as safe. Windows 7 never shuts you out.

????

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Oct 26, 11 12:46 PM
obrien60 wrote:Whoa, very sloooow download. This has not happened to me before, so I don't know. This is just the trial, I hate to think how long the game will take. Right now it is taking roughly 4 minutes per 1 percent. Yikes

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 26, 11 1:16 PM
Penny1942 wrote:Sorry BigFishies this download has a problem. I went to another site d/l. played trial, loved it. Uninstalled and came back to my first love..BF..purchased the game and again tried d/l. It is now stuck at 57.1 MB, little wheel is still going around on the game manager and NOTHING is happening. This is only my 4th try to d/l. The computer is only a month old so that is not the problem. The other site d/l in about 5 minutes. There is no problem with my firewall. Norton came up and verified your site and game as safe. Windows 7 never shuts you out.

????

I have Norton 360 and have never had a problem with BFG downloads before. I also downloaded this same game from another game distributor with no problem.

I have since downloaded the game here at BFG - now without a problem but 12 hours later.

My conclusion: BFG had a capacity problem or some other technical problem earlier today.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 26, 11 1:19 PM
Was on try number 3 before I left for work........6 hours later still not there. So after another try and no go.......I'm not gonna bother again.......guess they don't want to sell this game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 26, 11 1:39 PM
Hi everyone,

We are currently looking into why a number of players are experiencing issues with downloading the game and it would really help, if you haven't already, if you could write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report. This will really help speed up the process of figuring out why this issue might be happening.

Some players have had success with a faster download by starting the download over. You can do this by canceling the download in your Game Manager and reinstalling it via the game page.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: