Re:Post any Drawn: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dmeline on Nov 7, 11 9:06 PM
beyondelsewhere wrote:I am in the cave, trying to light up the mushrooms. When I click the button to "reset" them back when I make a mistake it goes to a blank screen and doesn't reset. I have tried closing the game, restarting my computer and yet I can't seem to get those blasted electric mushrooms to reset.

I am using Macbook Pro, with the latest iOS (Lion - rawr!) and all my graphic drivers are up to date. Everything is up-to-date on my computer. I took a screen shot of what it looks like now, but I don't think I can post it in the forum, right?

I thought I would check here first to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I don't see anything similar though.

Thoughts? Helpful suggestions? I'd appreciate it because I am beyond excited for a new Drawn.

Thanks!

Just downloaded today November 7th and am having this exact issue. Macbook Pro Leapord. All software up to date. Went ahead and uninstalled & reinstalled for the heck of it. Nothing works. Cannot get past the stupid mushrooms - unable to click the yellow thing in the middle to undo a connection - screen goes black and then just brings back up the same thing over and over - no matter if I close the game or reinstall or what. Please fix...hugely dissapointed.

Edited on 11/07/2011 at 9:38:24 PM PST

Jeni15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Drawn: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jeni15 on Nov 9, 11 10:37 AM
Is there going to be a fix for this? I too have wasted my money on this game!

[Post New]by emmakatefletcher on Nov 12, 11 12:37 PM
I played the demo version of the game, then bought it, when I went back to play, the missing piece of the lamplighter poster has gone, and I cannot progress without it!

[Post New]by silkhoney03 on Nov 13, 11 10:56 AM
BarokiScout wrote:
lindiana wrote:At the charred stick when trying to copy the last image in the rocks, my game stuck. I left and when I try to get back in, it sticks at 94% loading. I even left it on all night to see if it would finish loading and it never did.

I had somewhat the same problem, although at the last image the charred stick refused to transfer the image. I uninstalled/re-installed and nothing changed. I even lowered my screen resolution hoping it would help. Apart from that, it hasn't frozen or shown any glitches.

i'm having the same problem! you can't go further without the drawing so what's the fix?

[Post New]by columbonet on Nov 13, 11 7:15 PM
justhandleit wrote:I have had the same problem with every edition of this game. I cannot read any of the text messages. It is either all scrambled, painted over, or not even letters.

I have tried every update and I'm still having the problem. Is anyone else having this problem. I don't even know if I have other tech problems since my problems starts right off at the beginining of the game and I exit out.

Help!!

I downloaded the game today 11/13 and am having this problem.

[Post New]by breaktime1230 on Nov 16, 11 1:48 PM
Game freezing on "Through the Looking Glass". Uninstalled and reinstalled with update, still freezes. Current on Windows 7, video drivers, etc. Suggestions?

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Nov 17, 11 12:09 PM
On a Mac, OSX Leopard.

Same mushroom issue as other people are having. I played the game through once on Casual, and had some flicker with the mushroom puzzle, but was able to complete it.

When I tried to play the game again in Experienced, I could not disconnect the connections between the mushrooms. Attempting to do so caused the screen to go momentarily black. Restarting the computer had no effect on the problem. In addition. Drawn 3 disappeared completely out of my game manager.

The App was still in my applications folder so I removed it and redownloaded the game. No help.

Apparently there is some file somewhere saving my player data, because after downloading it, I am right back at the same spot with the mushrooms, still stuck, still unable to reset the puzzle.

I uninstalled it from the game manager, reinstalled it AGAIN, and again right back at the mushroom puzzle, unable to do anything. I LOVE this game. I am extremely frustrated that I was able to play it once and now it's broken.

I guess my next step is to start the game over from scratch and see if I can get past the puzzle. This needs a serious bug fix though.

[Post New]by Followtheblue on Nov 18, 11 12:32 AM
Tonight was the first night I could successfully re-install the game. I still do not have the discs in my inventory, nor can I get them again. I have no way to move past this area of the game and is extremely annoying. I will try a few more things, but this seems to have been a waste. I don't usually buy collectors editions either.

[Post New]by asiapm12 on Nov 18, 11 6:37 PM
Same mushroom puzzle problem as a lot of the Mac users. (Can't reset, black screen) Very frustrating, tried everything and nothing works. Did anybody figure out what to do?

[Post New]by MissTara52575 on Nov 19, 11 6:41 PM
My game is freezing when I get to the bridge with the rats. As soon as the puzzle gets activated, it freezes. Tried changing video resolution and uninstalling and re-installing but with no luck.

[Post New]by Shamisen on Nov 20, 11 5:35 AM
silkhoney03 wrote:
BarokiScout wrote:
lindiana wrote:At the charred stick when trying to copy the last image in the rocks, my game stuck. I left and when I try to get back in, it sticks at 94% loading. I even left it on all night to see if it would finish loading and it never did.

I had somewhat the same problem, although at the last image the charred stick refused to transfer the image. I uninstalled/re-installed and nothing changed. I even lowered my screen resolution hoping it would help. Apart from that, it hasn't frozen or shown any glitches.

i'm having the same problem! you can't go further without the drawing so what's the fix?

I am writing this for the second time. Still no fix, no answer to my question, no reply from BF.

Third time through, still can't get past the charred stick on the paper.

Can't believe I paid for a Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by morag7 on Nov 20, 11 3:10 PM
Any chance of a fix on this one. Game stuck when trying to go through arch to find fawn. Have reinstalled twice, changed screen resolution and upgraded flash, still no movement

Help!!!!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Nov 20, 11 3:26 PM
beyondelsewhere wrote:I am in the cave, trying to light up the mushrooms. When I click the button to "reset" them back when I make a mistake it goes to a blank screen and doesn't reset. I have tried closing the game, restarting my computer and yet I can't seem to get those blasted electric mushrooms to reset.

I am using Macbook Pro, with the latest iOS (Lion - rawr!) and all my graphic drivers are up to date. Everything is up-to-date on my computer. I took a screen shot of what it looks like now, but I don't think I can post it in the forum, right?

I thought I would check here first to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I don't see anything similar though.

Thoughts? Helpful suggestions? I'd appreciate it because I am beyond excited for a new Drawn.

Thanks!

I am having the EXACT same problem. Did this ever get resolved? I know I've said this before, but in these threads in the forums in BFG, there are many, many technical issues posted, but I NEVER see a BFG tech person come in and answer ANY of them.

What's the point of posting your technical issue with one of the games? All you are doing is blowing off steam, because solutions to your problem are never posted. There is the occasional second player who might drop in an solution, but those are rare.

Does anyone from BFG EVER come into these forums and actually ANSWER the issues with solutions?

When I am trying to connect the mushrooms for a continuous electricity flow, I have connections that are incorrect that I need to change, but every time I click to disconnect a connection, the screen goes black. Nothing resets. I've even rebooted my computer. NOTHING is going to allow me to disconnect these incorrect connections.

I need a solution now.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Nov 20, 11 3:59 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello folks,

If you are experiencing freezes or crashes with the game...

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

You may also want to make sure...

If you're unable to progress in the game...

If you're still...please write in to <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> so that our reps can best assist you with this. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Perhaps there are people who come in here to post a problem who haven't already availed themselves of the options you mentioned above, but I think for the most part, people who write in here are tech savvy enough to have already gone through all of those before writing here.

People usually say they have already uninstalled/reinstalled their games.

The part of this post that confuses me, however, is when you advise that if we've done all those things and are still having trouble, we should write directly to tech support.

If that's the case, then what the heck is this forum thread for?

In every game, you make a thread telling us to post any technical problems we are having. If we really should be writing directly to tech support, then why did you create this folder in the first place?

We do as we are instructed in every game forum - we post the technical issues we are having. The logical inference is that if a folder has been created by BFG people telling us to put our technical issues there, that some technical person is going to read them and offer assistance.

Now you are saying, no, write tech support directly. Well, which is it? If we should be writing tech support directly and answers aren't going to be offered in this thread, then delete this folder and stop making us all think that posting our tech issues here is going to get us help.

Clearly, if we should be writing tech support, then putting this folder in every game's forum is extremely misleading. We write about these problems, wait for answers and the answers never come.

By the way, making us write tech support instead of you answering our issues here is really inefficient. When you answer our write-ins to tech support, you help one person. If you would provide solutions to the posts here, then many people can be helped with that one post.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Nov 20, 11 4:12 PM

Oh, one last thing:

The last two pages of this thread is filled with people who are having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I downloaded and installed this game yesterday: November 19. BFG has had PLENTY of time to address this issue.

Can we get SOMETHING from BFG about this, please?

This is clearly a game issue and not pilot error. It is really bad form for BFG to allow all of these posts with the same issue to go unnoticed.

Someone from BFG needs to speak to this issue IMMEDIATELY.

Silence is the worst choice BFG could be making on this.

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 4:13:11 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 20, 11 4:20 PM
ChocPeng wrote:
Oh, one last thing:

The last two pages of this thread is filled with people who are having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I downloaded and installed this game yesterday: November 19. BFG has had PLENTY of time to address this issue.

Can we get SOMETHING from BFG about this, please?

This is clearly a game issue and not pilot error. It is really bad form for BFG to allow all of these posts with the same issue to go unnoticed.

Someone from BFG needs to speak to this issue IMMEDIATELY.

Silence is the worst choice BFG could be making on this.
This is a forum thread addressed to other players. If you want something done about your problem, use the green envelope on the right to get in touch with Customer Support.

[Post New]by tadlem43 on Nov 20, 11 8:13 PM
anyone else having problems with the queen or am i just missing something? i sanded her and then she vanished. i've reloaded the game several times, but i still only get hints that tell me to sand the queen so i can paint her. had no problems with the king. help? thanks!

[Post New]by LadyJewell on Dec 31, 11 3:48 PM
I'm having the issue getting the drawing transferred in Chapter 5 as well. Have just submitted my DrFelix and problems to Tech Support. If/when I get a response, I'll post it here for other Mac (10.6) users.

[Post New]by AllegraDyer on Jan 7, 12 10:52 PM

Thanks!

Same thing happened to me but I found a way to start the puzzle from the beginning without the reset button. First, open the folder usually found in C:/Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Big Fish Games/DrawnIII-CE/Profile/Your Name. If you can't see the App Data folder you may have to change your folder options to "Show Hidden Content." Inside said folder you'll find a bunch of files with .scene extensions. Look for the files with the word "cave" in their names, move these files, don't delete them, to your desktop just in case something happens. You can always put the files back to their original folder. Be sure you don't move the progress.save file! Otherwise, you'll have to start from the beginning of the game. Run Drawn: Trail of Shadows. A message will pop up saying your profile needs to be updated and that some of your progress was lost, don't freak out! You will start at the beginning of the cave chapter, it takes about 30 seconds to get to the mushroom puzzle from there. I hope this helps somebody else, it's very frustrating when you're really enjoying a game to be interrupted by a stupid glitch.

Edited on 01/07/2012 at 10:59:30 PM PST

[Post New]by LadyJewell on Jan 8, 12 6:41 AM
OK, for those suffering along with the last painting blues, it's a screen resolution issue. Took them a few days or so over the holidays to get back to me about it, but the tech team's response was on the money. As promised, here 'tis:

Our Response (Keith) January 04, 2012 03:32 PM
Hi Angel,

This is Keith in Seattle. I understand that you have been having some trouble with the 3 drawings in Drawn: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition. I'll be glad to do everything I can to help you clear this up.

To begin, I apologize for the length of time it has taken us to respond to your email. Normally, we try for a 24-72 hour response time, but lately we have been very backed up. This is not the level of service that we strive for.

I'm sorry for the problem you've encountered! Indeed, some of our other gamers have had some trouble with this puzzle in the past. However, it appears that one possible solution is to lower the resolution of your display. A lot of games we sell are meant to be displayed in a slightly lower resolution, especially if those games are a little older.

I looked over the basic information that's automatically included with support requests through our website, and it looks like you may be using a screen resolution of 1440x900. I've noticed some of our customers having some success by changing their display resolution to 1280x800 before playing, so let's give it a shot by using the directions below:

1. Open the ‘Apple’ menu at the top left corner of your screen
2. Select ‘System Preferences.’
2. Under the ‘Hardware’ section, click the ‘Displays’ icon.
3. From the ‘Display’ tab, try changing the resolution to something at or lower than 1280x800. Once you change the resolution to something lower, you can exit out of System Preferences
4. Try launching any of those games with display issues and see if you notice any difference. I would try as many different resolutions as you can to see if it gets rid of the display glitch.

For more information about screen resolution, check out our help article below:
Screen Resolution

I hope this has helped you, Angel. If you experience any other problems, please let me know. You can reply to me directly by responding to this message.

Warm regards,

Keith
www.BigFishGames.com
In the pond Monday through Friday

The 1280x800 worked like a charm. I finished out the game without any further issues, switched back to my preferred resolution, and life is good.

Go to: