carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time

[Post New]by carnick on Nov 10, 11 7:24 PM
Hi, I just finished to play the game and I liked it very much. I had to use the walkthrough a couple of time but the hint system was good and I could advance easily in the game. I only wish I could have bought the ce version. From Gatineau, Quebec, I wish you all a very nice day, and happy gaming.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Nov 11, 11 2:10 PM
..........................loved this game! I had played the Castle of Shadows before, and the developer [Orneon] has progressed since that time. Great graphics/artwork, voice-overs, story line, and a good variation of puzzles to do [liked fiddling with the stained glass....it was tricky], and I especially liked doing the picture puzzles when closing off the different chapters. HOG scenes were a bit interactive at times to find objects......neat! At a time when good SEs are getting hard to find, you will enjoy this one. Highly recommend for HOG/adventure lovers....... ...... ........... ........... ..............happy gaming e1

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Nov 13, 11 10:53 AM
Played the demo and am on my way to buy! Loved the gorgeous graphics and the interactive hidden object scenes! Seems like a good long game, as well. Just finished the first chapter when my hour time ran out and there are 5 chapters, so if it follows the same pattern, it should last pretty long! Going back and forth between present and past and using the inventory items in each was fun. Can't wait to continue!

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on Nov 13, 11 12:36 PM
EXCELLENT GAME! Good graphics, good story, and many hours gameplay! Many interesting puzzles to ponder over (or skip, if you prefer!). I can't fault this game at all, it has everything!

roluny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by roluny on Nov 13, 11 9:19 PM
I have loved all of the "Echos of the Past" games and this was no acception. They rate among my absolute favorites. I think the level of difficulty is just perfect for me as I'm no pro at some of the puzzles (but getting better every day)! Don't hesitate to buy this wonderful game!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Nov 17, 11 7:09 AM
A beautiful game and one of the best for some time. The graphics, story line, music and mini-games are first rate. Given my limited intellect there were sometimes too many unfinished parts (Until you found the key etc later.) but I would recommend this game to everyone.

Many thanks.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 17, 11 7:58 AM
mlbmama wrote:An awesome game! No complaints or criticisms....just appreciation and praise for a GREAT game! On a scale of 1-10....this is a 10! Thanks BFG!

this review is exactly how i feel about this game

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Nov 18, 11 8:30 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE it! 10 out of 10 for me! Great graphics...fun puzzles....interactive hidden object scenes.....perfect length.....top of the best for me!

play5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by play5 on Nov 21, 11 6:59 AM
The Best!! Game I have played in a long time!! A+

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Nov 22, 11 2:33 PM
really good and long like the others
puzzles were just ok...nothing new there

karica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by karica on Nov 25, 11 12:55 PM
I`m not sorry that I`ve bought this game, graphics is wow and perfect sparkles. I advise it

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 27, 11 2:24 PM
cbellcrm wrote:I found the transition scenes when you move between time periods to be so dizzy that they made me ill if I didn't look away or close my eyes, but I'm sure most people enjoyed the drama.

It started easy and linear, then quickly branched out into increasing complexity. The art, the voice acting, the balance of adventure, hidden objects, and mini-games - all were just right. I never had to sit and wait for the hint or skip buttons to recharge. It was a joy.

Thanks for this. I too get dizzy from scenes like that; I'm used to just looking away/closing my eyes. I do wish developers wouldn't have such special effects, but what can ya do.

Thanks too for mentioning that the game eventually branches out. I just played the demo and found it boringly linear. I don't like games that are too linear (read: too easy) but I have liked all of the Echoes of the Past games and want to like this one. Therefore hearing that it starts to become less linear as you go along, puts it in the BUY category for me, especially as it's another sale weekend.

[Post New]by elsabif on Nov 29, 11 1:36 PM
I've started this game several times, it doesn't save so I have to go back to the beginning, when I get to moving the armour to find the puppet the armour won't move so therefore I cant continue...any suggestions thanx

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Ukiah on Dec 6, 11 9:26 AM
I did enjoy this game, but, as a few others have stated, there is a LOT of running around from multiple time eras...a bit more than I like. I got virtual whiplash from running from one scene to another

Other than that, I enjoyed the mixture of puzzles and HOS.

Ukiah

[Post New]by CowboyDenver on Dec 31, 11 2:33 PM
Excellent game! Beautiful graphics, special effects and lots and lots of puzzles and lost items, missing keys, etc. I loved that sometimes you would have an important item in your inventory for quite a long time, and then just when you need it.... Also the opposite, you have an unfulfilled need for a key or something, and by the time you get it, you have to hunt for where you needed it. Loved this game.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jan 4, 12 9:44 AM
i am mostly a TM game player and not a huge fan of HOGs but I've come to see many of them offered on BFG are much more than just HOGs but also puzzles.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. As a casual game player, I enjoyed the regular mode and how you could push the Hint button if you forgot what you should do next.

It had beautiful graphics as others have said and an intriguing story line that kept me interested until the very end. I understand there are others in the series and trust me when I say I am going to go buy them.

Those of you that are hesitant to do HOGs because of boredom or too challenging, this game is perfect. I never once had to go look something up on the Forum. I never once got stuck and could not figure out what to do.

I also did not have a single technical difficulty during play. Some other HOGs I have played, I have had crashing to the desktop and other issues. This one was smooth has glass.

I highly recommend this game. It's fantastic.

[Post New]by franbab on Jan 6, 12 11:09 AM
This is the best game I have played in a long time!!! In fact it is even better than some of the Collector's Editions I've played already.

[Post New]by 1014Mousling on Jan 7, 12 7:15 PM
I've just completed this game and I enjoyed it a lot. It's my favorite of the three. The HOS were good and I enjoyed the putting back object parts too, I'd like to see more of that in future games. The mini puzzles were varied and kept the game interesting and some were quite difficult. It's a game I would play again.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 5:31 PM
This game will take you into a journey of traveling between scenes to get missions accomplished, have nice graphics a nice story line and great HOS.

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on Jan 12, 12 4:54 PM
wonderful game.... I had to use the hints very often because, with so many rooms, I got lost very often. I also skip some of the puzzles as there were too many and I was impatient!!

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 4:55:20 PM PST

Go to: