Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by S_Lotus on Oct 31, 11 8:09 PM
Earkid wrote:Just opened up my Game Manager and saw an update for this game. Haven't tried it yet but just wanted to let everyone know.

This worked for me; the gold block is active and breakable now. Yay!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 1, 11 1:38 AM
S_Lotus wrote:
Earkid wrote:Just opened up my Game Manager and saw an update for this game. Haven't tried it yet but just wanted to let everyone know.

This worked for me; the gold block is active and breakable now. Yay!

Thanks! kdubs pm'd me to let me know of your post. Like I said, I'm really looking forward to buying that scary tree!

[Post New]by cvicu1 on Nov 1, 11 10:48 AM
I've run into the same gold block. I've restarted this level several times and tried the hammer, lightening, bats and pumpkin and it still remains solid. What can I do?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 1, 11 11:33 AM
Hi cvicu1,

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if this will resolve the issue. If you're still unable to get around the gold block please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 1, 11 2:17 PM
I really was looking forward to playing this game, because I love Halloween themed games, just got back home, was away since the 28th, so I d/l the demo to try.
After I clicked on play, a small screen came up, with a loading screen, so I waited for it to load, so I could then click on settings, to see if it would get bigger.
Well the game froze, I couldn't click on settings or quit, so I had to use the task manager, to get out of the game.
THAN, when the task manager finally did come up, there were 60 of them, than the task manager wouldn't work either, it took 15 minutes, to FINALLY get out of this mess, and get my computer working properly again.
Talk about TRICK, I will not even try to play this MESSED up game again, so sad because it sounds like, it would have been a fun game.
BUT also, those that did get to play some, are now stuck because of the glitches, and can't continue playing, so it sounds like this game needs a RE-BUILD from the developers.
If BF gives us a new build, than I may try again, I guess I'll have to keep checking back, to see if there is an UPDATE for this.
SO FRUSTRATING.....I do LOVE M3 games :-(

[Post New]by Karla1954 on Nov 1, 11 5:26 PM
ladyofnight wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:
AliKat611 wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:This is a cute little match 3 game, but on one of the later levels, I have encountered a gold block that will not break, no matter what I do to it. There is nothing in it, and matching around it has no effect. The hammer, bombs, and bats will not remove it. Nothing is blocking it; it's just an empty gold block. I can't finish the level or move on because of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I am posting this here in case it is a glitch.

Circe

I just encountered this level too. The gold block even looks different than the others.

So mods, is this a glitch, and if so, will there be a fix for it? If not, there are a lot of people who will be wanting a refund once they realize that they cannot move forward and finish the game...

I agree! Fix or refund, please.

[Post New]by Karla1954 on Nov 1, 11 5:27 PM
I'm having the same problem. Have restarted the computer 3 times and I do have the lastest versions of everything. Fix the problem. I'm not playing it again until it's fixed.

Pern
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Pern on Nov 2, 11 8:23 AM
After downloading the first fix I continued playing, several levels later there is not one but two plain gold blocks which cannot be broken.

On some levels the bonuses do not work, on almost all levels the hammer/scythe works all on it's own, especially after using the bats. The slowing of the game after explosions is annoying too. Added to that I'm not being awarded all the gold I have earned in a level, the total at the end is less than the number showing in the box during play.

This game needs a rebuild with proper testing.

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 8:23:57 AM PST

[Post New]by Crystalaine on Nov 2, 11 11:28 AM
AliKat611 wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:This is a cute little match 3 game, but on one of the later levels, I have encountered a gold block that will not break, no matter what I do to it. There is nothing in it, and matching around it has no effect. The hammer, bombs, and bats will not remove it. Nothing is blocking it; it's just an empty gold block. I can't finish the level or move on because of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I am posting this here in case it is a glitch.

Circe

I just encountered this level too. The gold block even looks different than the others.

I cannot break this little gold square neither, absolutely nothing works!!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 2, 11 12:05 PM
Hello everyone,

We are aware of the issue with the gold blocks and are currently looking into this. If you are continuing to see gold blocks in your game, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our team can collect as much information on this issue as possible. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Nov 2, 11 3:56 PM
I have the same problem and am reporting it to BFG. One gold square is holding me up. None of the power ups work. I hate this.

addiegag
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by addiegag on Nov 2, 11 4:11 PM
I am having the same problem with the gold box. Has there been an update to this game? I really like it and am getting very frustrated that I can't finish the game.

Re:Hammer activating for no reason - Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kiriel1066 on Nov 3, 11 12:35 PM
Hammer is proccing for no reason. Usually happens after I use another power-up but I can't seem to get a concrete pattern.

Very annoying to attempt a match and have the hammer smash the block instead. Or try to move a rocket to another row and have it blow up instead. Especially annoying when I have been waiting for the hammer to build up and it keeps activating and I have to start waiting again.

And this isn't just a once in a while thing. It happens many times on a level. I find myself clicking on an item out of the way just to make sure the hammer won't activate and ruin what I planned on doing.

If it weren't for this - the gold block problem has been fixed with the update - the game would be perfect. This is ruining my game experience so that I get very irritated and quit playing.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 4, 11 10:52 AM
Hello everyone,

A new build (you can click on this link) is now available that addresses the gold block and slow loading issues.

If you continue to have troubles with the game after this update, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you with the game.

In order to stay on top of new technical issues, this thread will be locked, but please continue to post your technical issues or questions in the new tech thread here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: