schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Comments for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition

[Post New]by schobey on Oct 30, 11 6:34 PM
This was such a good game. This game is well worth the ce price. I absolutly loved the fact that is was so long............. Kudos and devs and alawar. Super enjoyed this game.

[Post New]by dbegerb on Oct 30, 11 7:03 PM
Having troubles with the puzzle in the office....I thought I could plug in the " b3 d1 a4 c2" into it but that leaves one slot too many....(the puzzle is a cabnet in the corner mounted on the wall at the office at the top of the stairs)

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 30, 11 7:42 PM
This game was done the correct way. 'Okay' graphics in the beginning...stunning graphics in the incredibly long bonus chapter, which by the way lasted almost as long as half of the original game. Those who choose to opt out of buying the CE are the losers. I fart in your general direction!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 30, 11 7:46 PM
dbegerg, it's one of those puzzles that when you click on a tile line-up it affects the ones below & above it. Best bet is to wait out the Skip button. I do that a lot lately. More fun, less pain.

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 7:47:50 PM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Oct 30, 11 8:26 PM
I dont normally make comments about games as with BFG you have the chance to try, but I cannot believe anyone would put this game out as a CE.
It is entry level and any one playing this game would expect a lot more for the price. just my view

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 30, 11 11:29 PM
I loved this game. Great graphics and storyline. I agree with all of the positive reviews and comments.

No buy until hint button fixed and disappointed that the SG is not available on game page and does not keep your place!!!!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 30, 11 11:46 PM
From what I'm reading, this sounds like a poor man's version or a knock-off of Dreamland. Would you folks concur?

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Oct 31, 11 12:14 AM
I don't know if this is a poor man's version of Dreamland since it carries a CE price, but I certainly didn't find it as challenging. I really wanted to like this game (even at the CE price), but the hidden object scenes were quite easy and in an hour I hit near the 50 percent mark according to the strategy guide.

It would be so refreshing if the later chapters were longer than the initial ones, but too often I've purchased CEs with shorter subsequent chapters and with uninteresting bonus games to buy this one.

I'll repeat what I've said before: if BFG wants or needs to raise its prices, then it should raise its prices. The idea that most CEs are extra-special games is a sham, and I'm just not willing to purchase them any longer--which, frankly, is depressing my desire to purchase BFG computer games generally, since so few SE games are offered.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Oct 31, 11 1:55 AM
Lucy1997 wrote:I don't know if this is a poor man's version of Dreamland since it carries a CE price, but I certainly didn't find it as challenging. I really wanted to like this game (even at the CE price), but the hidden object scenes were quite easy and in an hour[b] I hit near the 50 percent mark according to the strategy guide.[/b]

It would be so refreshing if the later chapters were longer than the initial ones, but too often I've purchased CEs with shorter subsequent chapters and with uninteresting bonus games to buy this one.

I'll repeat what I've said before: if BFG wants or needs to raise its prices, then it should raise its prices. The idea that most CEs are extra-special games is a sham, and I'm just not willing to purchase them any longer--which, frankly, is depressing my desire to purchase BFG computer games generally, since so few SE games are offered.

Hi lucy,

If you check back to pg 2 of the reviews, you will see that the first 5 chapters do take @ an hour, but that is only 4 parts of the record, there are about 10 peices altogether, then you move to a different world which is also very long to play.

I and others have got at least 5-6 hours play out of this so far and then there is the bonus game on top.

Hope this helps

Jojo

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 31, 11 1:56 AM
Bartsister wrote:
cll1950 wrote:
Well I have been up since just after 7.15am; so much for clocks going back and getting an extra hour of sleep!

Had to clip to fit it in the terriblly short space allowed for replys. I didn't hear anything about the clocks being set back and my computer still says the same time as my clocks. It usually keeps up with the time changes. Anyone else know about this? I'd hate to be late for everything, I meam later than usual!

Not to worry. They changed the weekend for Daylight Savings Time in the US a couple of years ago. It is going to happen next weekend -- not this one.

I should have mentioned of course that I'm in the UK, so the clocks went back yesterday here! Sorry for the confusion.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 31, 11 6:18 AM
Janeypat wrote:I dont normally make comments about games as with BFG you have the chance to try, but I cannot believe anyone would put this game out as a CE.
It is entry level and any one playing this game would expect a lot more for the price. just my view

And today is another SE so now it's:

Oct 29 - SE, Oct - 30 CE, today - SE. Anybody seeing a pattern here? There are no plainly decent games being offered at regular price. You either pay for the CE or you get leftovers. Your game credits aren't worth squat anymore. Personally, I refuse to pay for a CE anymore -- period. You get what, maybe an extra 1/2 hour or hour of game play and a bunch of stuff nobody wants for another $6.00 so basically you're paying $6.00 for 1/2 hour to an hour of extra game play when the original game was $6.99 or whatever and you get hopefully 5 or six hours of game play. No more, BFG, not going to happen. I'll wait for the SE or I'll go somewhere else. There are other game clubs out there.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 6:52:40 AM PST

gardner6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gardner6 on Nov 6, 11 9:46 AM
Good luck to anyone who can make the game work.

After playing the demo and then waiting forever to download the rest of it,all we an access violation error message. Tried two different computers and both the same.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Nov 10, 11 12:40 PM
Really like this game but will have to wait for the SE(don't or won't buy a CE)it has everthing I like,only problem for me(eyes not as young as they were lol)is the tiny writing on the **** lists,why so small? Why have the asterisks come up,it looks as though I have used a rude word when all I put was the initials for hidden object!!!

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 12:42:36 PM PST

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 11, 11 12:11 AM
I would like to comment that this is absolutely one of the BEST GAMES I've ever played!! Though I'm new to BFG, I've been playing computer games since way back... ie. DOS text games through current MMORPG and enjoy all genres from adventure to action and everything in between and I would vote this in the TOP of my list of FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME from all genres! In hundreds of games, I would put this in the very top of my list.

At first I wasn't even considering it (theme) then decided to try demo... wasn't entirely convinced initially during demo, then it grew on me and the more I played into it, the more I appreciated it is truly a unigue, imaginative, cleverly written game. Try it... I bet it will draw you in and along with it's great graphics, story line, SFX and music as it did me.... it is TOPS>!

Thanks developers and for a GREAT game AND I am SO HAPPY I BOUGHT IT AS A CE! I hesitated and was going to wait.... glad I got it right away.... well worth the $ and definitely a replayable game.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Comments for Weird Park: Broken Tune Standard Edition

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Nov 29, 11 7:28 PM
Just finished playing the game. Enjoyed playing it and it is very reminiscent of Dreamland. Was also able to purchase it at $4.99. I believe my money was well spent.

Go to: