MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Your Reveiws for Weird Park: Broken Tun Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Oct 30, 11 4:45 PM
I was on the fence about buying this as a CE, but I am so happy I did. As someone pointed out, this is not a short game, when you've completed the record there is still a long way to go. The graphics were just beautiful. The game is eerie (creepy clowns) without being too dark. Loved it!

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 30, 11 4:59 PM
I do agree that it is pretty much an easy game, but I like it any way. I did get annoyed with the hint set up. Sometimes all you get is one little bright green dot, and you have to wait for the hint to recharge and hope you'll get the full set of little green dots. The colors are bright, and most objects are easy to find. I didn't need to use the strategy guide very often. However, 50 minutes into the demo, I ran into a glitch and was unable to finish. I do agree with the majority of you guys, it's not CE worthy, however...nothing special. I will be getting this game with a game credit or a pcc when it comes out as an se.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Oct 30, 11 5:37 PM
Valdy wrote:There are 13 "chapters" plus the bonus game, which you can`t see in the SG (strategy guide). The 13 chapters are all somewhat short, and I fear that this game may, even for me, be a bit on the short side.

The SG is well done. You click on a chapter, and it gets you to the right spot. You will only see pictures, and when you click on them, you are told what to do within each of them.

Why oh why are the words in the lists of the HOS (hidden object scenes) so small? It took me a while to get just about used to the tiny font.

However, the HOS are clear and crisp, and the objects are mostly easily found.

Also, is it only in my version, or do others also have problems with the monkey HINT button? More often than not, when I click on the HINT button in the HOS, the circle that is supposed to circle the object I am looking for, is not there. But instead there is just a tiny green sparkle that is there for a nanosecond. I clicked on the HINT button often, to see whether it was just the once, but no, it happens quite frequently that the big green circle doesn`t actually show.

The graphics are good, and so is the gameplay, although, I have to admit, I wasn`t thrown off my chair with excitement.

I will probably buy this game when the SE is out.

Agree totally regarding the Hint. If you are not looking directly where the hint circle is, you may miss it. I missed it - twice !

Other than that a nice game, hidden object scenes are on the easy side. Lots of puzzles and lots of tracking back and forth. Personally I'll wait for the standard edition (SE) but I nearly always do.

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 5:38:36 PM PST

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Oct 30, 11 5:52 PM
I loved it and I am an avid fan of hogs. Don't mind the sparkles at all and I always turn off the music since it can be distracting to me. Don't mind the easiness of it either, with some of the harder hogs, an easy one is nice. Not afraid of clowns because I do own a few creepy hogs. I only play a certain length of time, usually an hour so don't go through it too fast and for sure would recommend this as a good game and well worth the CE price since their is a stragedy guide since my mom tends to get lost all too easy lol.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Oct 30, 11 6:40 PM
Do you know why cannibals won't eat clowns? Cause they taste funny.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 30, 11 7:15 PM
poggyapoo wrote: It made a change not to have a game full of satanic overtures!

Than what would you call the devil statue, Ouija board and the pentagrams?

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 7:30:06 PM PST

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Oct 31, 11 12:59 AM
daisyduck352 wrote:WOW.. I love this game. As with Casual Gran I love amusement parks and it's right up my alley.. Like the creepy music and the scarey clown.. A great game.. A 10 out of 10 for me....

Absolutely agree, I love this game too. A definite two thumbs up.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Oct 31, 11 1:48 AM
Looks like a good game but why oh why do developers not provide widescreen options when most laptops have widescreens nowadays would be a definite buy for me if it did - is this something that could be rectified by the developers??

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 31, 11 1:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just popping in to let you know I've gone ahead and stickied this Reviews thread for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition.

We’d love to hear what you think of Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition ; your reviews are very important to us and to other fishies. You’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game in here! You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion!

And as textrekkie kindly reminded, keep in mind a lot of people visiting this thread will have never played the game before so if you are posting spoilers please remember to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Feel free to go ahead and create a new discussion in the game forum if you’d like to discuss other topics than your general feedback on the game. If you are experiencing technical issues, remember to check out the support thread here.

Thanks and Happy Gaming!

bfgKenai

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 31, 11 4:13 AM
Just played the demo and I was amazed when it stopped, I usually play 20 minutes of the demo of a game in order to get a fair idea of it, so the game really grabbed me. I've read that some people say it's too easy, I would rather say that it's difficult enough for you to enjoy yourself and not pull your hair every five seconds. It's a shame I didn't see the name of the devs. Graphics are really good, clear, H0 easy to find, puzzles are fine (hadn't seen a "lights" puzzle -when you need to connect each and every of them, no backward,etc- since RTR). It's not the CE I expected on Sunday but I've thoroughly enjoyed the demo.
One big annoyance is THE HINT SYSTEM, pretty useless in H0s, makes you search the scenes more thoroughly as you don't want to use this useless hint.
Didn't need the SG but had a look, and it's only pictures of the game.
A really good game, a buy, I only hope it will be long enough to deserve being a CE.

Edited on 10/31/2011 at 4:15:59 AM PST

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Oct 31, 11 5:51 AM
I played for 15 minutes last night and wasn't too crazy about the game. Hidden objects seemed pretty easy to find. Played the other 45 minutes this morning and my opinion hasn't changed. Pretty easy and didn't hold my attention. Maybe as a SE game.

wjnank
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by wjnank on Oct 31, 11 7:14 AM
The demo time was up before I realized because I was enjoying the game so much. What I like about it was that it has a little bit of everything. I also like the fact that you can move from place to place quickly.

I'm buying this one!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 31, 11 10:02 AM
Very simple game. HOGs easy, games even easier; music okay but can get annoying; graphics not bad. Very difficult to see the hint area (very light and doesn't last long); not much running around (find it here, turn around and use it there). Do not like the SG at all. Click on a picture to get the instructions...no, too much clicking. Could easily have been a nice game. Definitely not worth a CE and not for me. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the reviews.

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Oct 31, 11 10:34 AM
Loved it, loved it, loved it! This was definitely worth the price of a CE. I played for a few hours last night and had to stop to go to bed, and there's still a ton left to go for tonight! Wonderful game, great graphics, definitely re-playable, an overall excellent game!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Oct 31, 11 12:24 PM
i really love the graphics on this game, it's just beautiful. i found the hos easy, puzzles likewise, used the hint but was not impressed....as with others, the brief (if at all) appearance was very easy to miss. not a big fan of clowns, but if they get it in the end (?) then that's ok. no difficulty option is an issue, i prefer to solve rather than to be led. background music was ok, didn't really get into it. like this dev's work, and will be there for the se. cannot justify the ce price with the easiness of the game.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Oct 31, 11 1:50 PM
I agree with Casual Gran, this is my kind of game. I don't always need a brain bender, sometimes I like to relax. I also love carnival games. The graphics are wonderful in this, the music is not annoying. I will definitely be buying.

[Post New]by dbegerb on Oct 31, 11 3:03 PM
I just finished the game and give it 2 thumbs up. The graphics, the ease of game play were really good!

Videohound
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Videohound on Oct 31, 11 3:31 PM
One of my all-tiome favorite games is MCF Madame Fate. If this is anything like that one I'll love it. But I don't buy CEs. I won't pay double for a game that is't twice as good and long as a regular one.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Nov 1, 11 4:13 AM
Based on most of the reviews, I'm am looking forward to playing this game.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 1, 11 7:20 AM
what an excallent game! It has it all..wonderful graphics, decent music, incredible depth..artists with a sense of hurmour along with their skills, great game play..and it goes and goes and goes.
It wore me out a couple of times and I had to do something productive..took me three days to finish this wonderful game. I'd seen it in it's early stages and though..eh, it's ok..but boy, is has so improved! I can't say enough about this game, and yes, the bonus chapter os worth it..it is really long.
kris

Go to: