nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

Re:The Official Mystery Case Files 2011 Speculation Thread

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Oct 31, 11 2:02 PM
weissvonnix wrote:Question!
Does words written with a hyphen count as one or two?
And are numbers handled like words?

Nix, you're doing the same thing I am, with the same questions - trying to get the clue out of Lewbabes' post. We'll just have to try all combinations.

Rats...gotta go get my cake out of the oven-- let's see who gets it first... be back soon.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Oct 31, 11 2:04 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
dianna925 wrote:I've tried to follow all the speculation in the various threads but have obviously missed something.

The only thing that we have so far that I know of is the title......Escape From Ravenhearst....?

When, where, how did we find out the title?
That's unofficial BFG denied anyway. We shall see.

And that's why I put a question mark after my statement.....I am not even sure....I know some fish had found beta's of MCF (the next one) and were telling us it's called Escape From Ravenhearst....

I was making a point that the only thing I know so far is that title....and since someone mentioned that BFG likes to stick out dummy beta's of theirnewest game....it could be fluff anyway.....

And as for the numbers....I was trying to see if they could be read (you know like you can put HELLO on your calculator or whatever) I don't think I quite get them yet....I will have to have a look at them later....unless somefish figures it out....

EJM5
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by EJM5 on Oct 31, 11 2:08 PM
I think that clue refers to something in lewbabe's post, or in past posts made by the mods in a certain thread.

And this is aweeeessooomee!

momo2006
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by momo2006 on Oct 31, 11 2:09 PM
Oh, this is killing me. I'm supposed to be WORKING!!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Oct 31, 11 2:11 PM
Nix! Ya owe me !!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Oct 31, 11 2:12 PM
Less than 1 hour in the life of this thread and already over 1000 views and I'm getting constant OOPS! page upon refreshing. This is going to be interesting.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 31, 11 2:14 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:I think that's word n letter x of Jeremy's post.

Frustrating with the brackets and hyphens. For example, word 98 doesn't have 5 letters.

nipper38
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by nipper38 on Oct 31, 11 2:15 PM
I love the Ravenhearst games. I really hope it is a 3rd installment! After all, where did the wacko old-man go to in the time machine?

And this 1st clue is stumping me!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Oct 31, 11 2:18 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:I think that's word n letter x of Jeremy's post.

Frustrating with the brackets and hyphens. For example, word 98 doesn't have 5 letters.

Maybe referring back to the map in the barrel in DG?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 31, 11 2:18 PM
As I said in the other thread, I hope it is just specualtion re another ravenhearst game. I didn't think would go backwards and am hoping they are doing something new. As not another, creepy mansion game. I don't think even can put a new spin on it, doesn't matter re story if what you are looking at, is another/same creepy house.

They did this with RTR, dire grove and 13th skull. Please give us something new!

The time for another RTR was the past 2 years, I fear that they waitied too long, to get to the saturation point, of ghosts/ creepy houses.

EJM5
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by EJM5 on Oct 31, 11 2:20 PM
Maybe the letters that are not seperated with a space are counted as a word?

Like "long-awaited"....

cf_30
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by cf_30 on Oct 31, 11 2:20 PM
Hi all, I am usually a lurker rather than a poster, but having had a look at the clue what I've come up with so far is what the rest of you are doing, counting words but starting from the end as Solice says look back with your eyes open, so taking the last word as word one it starts off well and I got THE PAST, but then it goes a bit random SHSSSEAR, so whether it is an anagram or just me getting it wrong, I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion......

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Oct 31, 11 2:21 PM
I think I need Prozac.....or maybe Gin....yeah.....gin would work. I've been counting and counting and counting words in Jeremy's post, and I can't come up with a readable word!

[Post New]by DarkMoon_Warrior on Oct 31, 11 2:23 PM
gingergal wrote:As I said in the other thread, I hope it is just specualtion re another ravenhearst game. I didn't think would go backwards and am hoping they are doing something new. As not another, creepy mansion game. I don't think even can put a new spin on it, doesn't matter re story if what you are looking at, is another/same creepy house.

They did this with RTR, dire grove and 13th skull. Please give us something new!

The time for another RTR was the past 2 years, I fear that they waitied too long, to get to the saturation point, of ghosts/ creepy houses.

From what I know (and I haven't beaten either Ravenhearst game yet) the story of Ravenhearst isn't done yet. Ravenhearst itself will be a long running mini-series for MCF from what I gather. So, if the rumors do pan out to be true then I think it'll be really neat. I know a lot have been wanting a return trip to Ravenhearst.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Oct 31, 11 2:27 PM
I tried ignoring the numbers and the aka(s) but it’s still not working.

EJM5
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by EJM5 on Oct 31, 11 2:29 PM
cf_30 wrote:Hi all, I am usually a lurker rather than a poster, but having had a look at the clue what I've come up with so far is what the rest of you are doing, counting words but starting from the end as Solice says look back with your eyes open, so taking the last word as word one it starts off well and I got THE PAST, but then it goes a bit random SHSSSEAR, so whether it is an anagram or just me getting it wrong, I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion......

Hey you're on to something there. Everyone... work in the way cf_30 is, we might find something there.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Oct 31, 11 2:30 PM
Geez!!! it took me 4 tries to even get into this thread

With that said...I got nuthin!

mouldmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,127 Posts

[Post New]by mouldmom on Oct 31, 11 2:35 PM
Thank you for getting this out on today!

And I am stumped already!

Here we go, I will try to find the answer....NO guarantees...LOL

Solice
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Solice on Oct 31, 11 2:35 PM
cf_30, you are very wise.

I, however, missed a thing or two.
Apologies.

29, 2 - 39,2 – 46,4
20,5 – 67,2 – 80,3 – 82,1
98,5 – 103,3 – 67,2 - 115,3 - 115,3
115,3 – 1,2 – 120,1 – 123,4

mrsrabbit
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mrsrabbit on Oct 31, 11 2:36 PM
Hi Fishes,
don't post very often, but boy am I bewildered!! look foward to more bewilderment!

Go to: