wariatus
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by wariatus on Nov 13, 11 2:47 AM
prubell13 wrote:I have got the two heart pieces for the rattle but when I went to the time device to get to the garden and complete I found that the time device had lost three of the years and it shows error when I try to go to put the final piece of the puzzle in. Has anyone else had this problem?

It's a story-driven element. Just try to continue your play without using time device (I know it may be a bit difficult, but you should still be able to use time device as an ordinary map)

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Nov 14, 11 12:11 AM
I am having a problem where, as others said, you pick up an object and then can't put it down or get rid of it. In many Hidden Object scenes there are extra things in it that are active (you can pick them up) and they aren't on the list for that scene. If you pick it up, you have to ctrl-atl-del, get your task manager up and end the game that way since this freezes you up totally. One I remember was when you painted the rose red and green....I picked up the brush and then couldn't get rid of it. In another scene there were three tiny pieces that looked like stained glass that weren't listed in the HOS, and again if you picked it up, you were stuck.

I unistalled, reinstalled, got really far along the game and then this started again. It was so bad I've quit playing the game, everything that requires you to pick something up, even in inventory, you just can't 'unstick' it.

I've been very sick and gone a long time...it's nice to be back!

[Post New]by stella0730 on Nov 14, 11 4:08 PM
I too lost some years on the time machine and the ones I do have show the word"ERROR" and I can't move around HELP!!!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 16, 11 8:23 PM
My time machine works well in every way but the Exclamation Points and Question Marks. I thought maybe I was looking to early but I have played quite a bit of the game and have never seen either! It's very hard at times to figure out where to go next even with the walk through. Not to mention it really ruins the game to play back and forth in the walk through or using the hint button every couple minutes

Has anyone else had this problem and if so PLEASE let me know if there is a cure.

[Post New]by effcee318 on Nov 18, 11 8:07 AM
To all if you right click it will drop any object you pick up

[Post New]by effcee318 on Nov 18, 11 8:09 AM
I'm Having trouble locating a HOS in which I am supposed to pick up a brass leaf. It says to go to the garden 1410 and play the HOS but, when I get there surprise no HOS

[Post New]by bettymo on Nov 21, 11 7:21 PM
I can't even get started! The medallion I get in the first area (home) is a moon. The gate"tool" looks to be a star. The strategy guide shows picking up a medallion out of the jewelry box that looks like a button. Nothing is matching. What am I missing. The reviews look great and this is definitely my kind of game, but I'm frustrated already!

Ignore this!!! Glasses are an amazing thing!

Edited on 11/21/2011 at 8:24:08 PM PST

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Nov 22, 11 8:38 PM
effcee318 wrote:I'm Having trouble locating a HOS in which I am supposed to pick up a brass leaf. It says to go to the garden 1410 and play the HOS but, when I get there surprise no HOS

I'm having the same problem. Maybe I've missed a step somewhere, but don't think I have - hecky darn - that would be too simple. So I used the SG to try to find that HOS. I remember doing an HOS where I painted the duck blue, but don't think I received a brass leaf at that point. B

Edited on 11/22/2011 at 8:40:20 PM PST

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Nov 23, 11 10:34 PM
****Spoilers*****

Got stuck in hidden object scene you are supposed to put the horn on the unicorn and it wouldn't let me no matter how many times I tried. Also it was the last item I needed for that scene so I couldn't move on with the game. I did have to start another profile to play the game. However, that profile worked fine and I really loved this game. Good storyline, nice music, great graphics, and loved the time travel (although not for everyone). I forgot to time it but I know it took me at least 6 or 7 hours between two days and I play expert or advanced. I did however do almost every puzzle on my own and hardly used the guide.

rodsbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rodsbaby on Nov 25, 11 3:15 AM
i cannot pick up hammer have unistalled and reinstalled no joy

[Post New]by mizzdeecee on Nov 26, 11 7:37 PM
crabbycat wrote:Picked up some sort of stick on a desk and was unable to put the thing down....up til then this was a fun game. No problems downloading and was able to exit out of the scene I was in, but not sure if I will buy this as a CE or wait til SE. I found it a bit confusing...

[Post New]by mizzdeecee on Nov 26, 11 7:46 PM
To put an object down you must right click on the object.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 5, 11 3:01 PM
Hi fishies,

I wanted to let you know that we've just released an updated version of this game that fixes the crashing issue at the "4 lamps" puzzle.

Please click on the link below for more information:

UPDATE! New version available for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres CE! Dec. 5, 2011

If you continue experiencing this or any other issues with the latest build, please contact Customer Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

slaflamme
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by slaflamme on Dec 30, 11 7:04 PM
I'm in the middle of the game at the point of acquiring the gypsum but can't get to the other time lines. None of the time buttons will work. I can't even get out of the time device scene except by clicking on the strategy guide and then exiting from the strategy guide. I've tried exiting the game and then returning, but the time device will not work. It's frozen in time!! :>
I have the latest version of the CE.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 31, 12 9:49 PM
Using an iMac

If I play to the end of the alternative grouping game, when the last item is found and the matching board clears and returns to the HOG scene, the whole game hangs then unexpectedly quits. A restart of the game may or may not have saved all my progress. This is not fatal, but it is a bother. Ay least one other Mac player has mentioned this.

24" iMac, 4GB memory, OS 10.6.8

[Post New]by Alex1711 on Feb 22, 12 1:34 PM
Hello everyone!
The HOS in the treehouse is not activated so I can't take the wrench and go on with the game. I 've unistalled and reinstalled the game, but nothing happened. Please help!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 23, 12 9:35 AM
Although I bought this game when it was released I have only just continued playing it and I have hit a problem which is partly self caused but is partly game too.

Throughout the game I have had problems seeing all the objects in the HO scenes, sometimes the brightness of the light produced by the candles etc in the scene affected my eyes and others were on too dark a background for me to see easily. I think that the strength of the daylight around you also plays a part in those on dark backgrounds because this morning I couldn't see the violin at all but now the sun is shining I can see it faintly.

Anyway in the basement you have to play a hidden object scene and one of the 'hidden' items is music and for this you have to play a violin. I couldn't see a violin anywhere and so I clicked the bow all over the screen and incurred the click penalty several times . Unfortunately just before one of these penalties my cursor found the violin but it was glowing red when I tried to click on the notes that were produced and by the time the cursor was back to its normal colour the notes had vanished and so had the bow and so it is completely impossible to recreate the notes .

It doesn't matter how many times I exit and go back into the scene the bow has vanished for good and so have my chances of completing this game because I just cannot face doing all those dark scenes all over again .

My advice to everyone is ...

Don't let your frustration at not seeing the objects make you overclick your cursor on the 'hidden' items or you will end up in the same boat as me.

Cherb

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jun 6, 12 11:38 AM
Just bought the game with the anniversary special price - good game but everytime I finish an h/o scene at a certain point in the game - it kicks me out! Started over with a new profile. Has happened 4 times now. What's up?

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jun 6, 12 7:33 PM
I got a bit excited when I got the shovel and went around digging 'holes'. Now it seems that I have missed the H0S which provides the first brass leaf. Any idea on how to get it? I don't really want to start a new profile as it's taken me ages to get to where I am. Please help.

[Post New]by veekay1 on Jun 16, 12 8:16 AM
bjmusic wrote:
effcee318 wrote:I'm Having trouble locating a HOS in which I am supposed to pick up a brass leaf. It says to go to the garden 1410 and play the HOS but, when I get there surprise no HOS

I'm having the same problem. Maybe I've missed a step somewhere, but don't think I have - hecky darn - that would be too simple. So I used the SG to try to find that HOS. I remember doing an HOS where I painted the duck blue, but don't think I received a brass leaf at that point. B

Go to: