JeanSki862
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by JeanSki862 on Jan 16, 12 8:35 PM
I can't get the puzzle parts to move into the bottom puzzle. The cursor rides in the center of the part and as I try to place the bottom piece it sticks too high in the puzzle. Anything I do to try to move that part down simply moves me into the nest area.

I know that I can just skip this puzzle but I figured it out and want to WIN!

NWARK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by NWARK on Jan 17, 12 10:21 PM
Cr8tvfmle1 wrote:I can't seem to click on the "Letter P". Is anyone else having that problem?

I bought the game tonight after playing the demo a while back. I'm having the same problem with the 'Letter P', it just won't let me have it. Plus, it took a long time for the game to load, a problem I haven't had with other games. I don't know what to do, I'm still new around here.

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 10:23:46 PM PST

[Post New]by allie0813 on Jan 28, 12 1:28 PM
I have entered the number 14 mailbox and it asks me to use the wooden block...
I already used the wooden blok earlier in the game in the same puzzle, so i no longer have it in my tools. I can't exit the puzzle at all to either find another wooden box or try something else. and when i turn off the game and turn it back on again i'm stuck in the puzzle with no possible way out! help. i just bought this.

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 1:57:44 PM PST

[Post New]by tmgread on Jan 29, 12 5:56 PM
I am at the HOG where you can't click on the "", but even though I have tried about a hundred times, it won't let me light the candle. Since I can't light the candle, I can't use it on the spider web. I'm stuck.

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 2:33:16 PM PST

[Post New]by lefunt on Apr 18, 12 2:58 PM
I'm in chapter 10 trying to stop the water from coming through the holes into the river, won't let me turn the wheels, any suggestions - would at first, then stopped

Hwyn4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Hwyn4 on May 5, 12 5:01 PM
aalaurie wrote:I finally had to exit the game. It moved like very sticky molasses. Is it me or did anyone else have this problem?

I am having the same problem, thank goodness it was only the free trial. I have a mac bk pro 10.6.8 version and I regularly update it. Restarted the computer, but still sticking. I was enjoying it despite the cliches, but I wont be buying it, cliches are frustrating.

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on May 18, 12 4:25 PM
Played the game once all the way through and loved it. When I tried to play again, the chutes and springs on the city gate were stuck and could not be moved. I turned to tech support and we tried several different things, but we could not resolve the problem. I do give props to BFG for trying so hard to fix the problem. Too bad it didn't work out for this game.

[Post New]by SweetCaliroy on Jul 26, 12 6:40 PM
Hello - I purchased the Standard version of this game in November 2011 and was able to play for a while and saved the game. The next day, I received an error which prevented me from playing this game. After deleting and reinstalling the game, I still got the same error. Luckily, the help people were nice enough to give back my 1 credit that I used. Still, I really liked this game and was wondering if anyone knows if this game has been updated or anything like that so I can buy it again.

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Sep 4, 12 12:51 PM
In the unlimited version, if I choose custom cursor, it shows both the custom and system cursors. But if I choose system cursor, I don't get the special effects that help you know where to click to progress in the game.

[Post New]by Flapperdapp on Jul 10, 13 3:40 PM
While making the acid, I messed up and put the wick on the jar before I put the alcohol in. Now I can't move the alcohol or remove the wick.

[Post New]by BeaNiE18 on Oct 20, 13 7:34 AM
Hi
Never had to do this before so not sure if this is the right place to put this...

I am playing the above game (Premature Burial) and in chapter 4 on the hidden object scene it will not me select the letter P although the hint keeps telling me it is there, it also will not let me use the lighter to burn the cobwebs and then get access to the acorn.

I have exited a few times, checked my pc is up to date but no joy so far, therefore although I don't want too I am going to restart the game from the beginning and see if it still does this.

I have played this before (a while ago) on the same PC and it worked fine so I am not sure why it is doing this now, I did update my java today but it has still been working fine up until this point, would that affect this ? (Its the only change I can think of that has been made)

Any help or fix for this would be great as I really enjoy these games by ERS, well thought out, great stories, great graphics and good puzzles too.. looking forward to playing some of your new releases when you get round to bringing some new HO's out

Thanks

stonewall
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by stonewall on Apr 12, 14 2:38 PM
Can't find the dust rag to wash the windows with. No HOS came up after I filled the bucket. What can I do?

Go to: