laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Reviews for Reincarnations: Back to Reality

[Post New]by laraly on Nov 14, 11 11:01 AM
This game was out as C E a month ago, I have played the trial and decided to wait for the S E, so here it is, and I am glad I waited, nearly it's good as standard, but I am only at the 2° chapter, it may get better. So far I give a 3 1/2

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Nov 14, 11 7:59 PM
I just spent 4 hours to play this game and could not wait for it to end. I found some of the hidden objects almost impossible to click on because of very small and not intuitive active zones. The mini-puzzles were relatively easy. I didn't like the graphics. I'm not knowledgeable enough about graphics to explain why I didn't like them. I can only say that I felt like I was looking at artist's sketches with lots of erasures. Also, I don't want to wander around touching everything to find one thing. That's why I play HOPA games and not pure adventure games. I had to use the hint on this game a few times because some item I needed to progress was hidden on the periphery of the screen. Overall, I just didn't have much fun.

[Post New]by ShimShalabim on Nov 15, 11 1:44 AM
Major disappointment. After an enjoyable trial, it was downhill from the moment the full version was activated. IMO, the trial was done in bad faith and the developers phoned it in after that.

Not only is the game play terrible after the trial, but the entire game is very short.

I've never asked for a refund before, but I sure am considering it.

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Nov 15, 11 8:40 AM
I enjoyed this game. It reminds me of another one in which you take care of unfinished business to correct bad karma. The hidden object scenes could have been alittle bit more clearer and brighter. Otherwise, the art work and scenery was good.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 16, 11 1:28 AM
grandmab3248 wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:This game started off well, aside from the struggle to make the picture at least big enough to see rather than squashed in the centre. Searches were fairly easy, nice bright graphics, first story quite interesting, going along nicely until I tried to use an item somewhere that wasn't correct. 'That's not the way we do things round here', I was informed. Well I'm not from 'around here', so thank you and goodbye to this game. I will not be spoken to as if I was an idiot by a game There are ways of saying you've got it wrong but that wasn't it. No buy.

If that's the only reason you didn't buy this game, then you short changed yourself. You need to get over yourself. I'm ejoying it.

People have their own dislikes and likes when it comes to games. If angelfish doesn't like being spoken to that way in a game than it is their right not to play the game. That is their own personal preference, and what right do you have to judge them for feeling that way? You came across as very rude in your response to them. And just because you are enjoying the game doesn't mean everyone else will. I played half the game, found myself pretty bored, and decided not to finish it. It's great that you are enjoying it, but that doesn't mean you have to make other people feel bad for not liking things about the game.

Edited on 11/16/2011 at 1:31:03 AM PST

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Nov 16, 11 1:11 PM
RoxieStar,

Yes.
Thank you.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 16, 11 7:27 PM
I'll have to revise my previous review. I was enjoying the game. But that last chapter was excrutiating. I couldn't wait for it to end. I really enjoyed the second installment of Reincarnations....I guess they should have quit while they were ahead.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 17, 11 3:16 AM
cbellcrm wrote:RoxieStar,

Yes.
Thank you.

Thanks Cbellcrm! BTW, I really enjoyed your review of this game. I also was missing Dr. Herzle and felt as if this new spirit guide character came out of left field. The first two games felt much more cohesive to me, and I thought they had better plots, especially the second game. This game seemed like a rush job to me, like they were thinking that the Reincarnations games are popular so they should make another one in a hurry because it will make money, and not thinking about tying it together with the plots of the earlier games, which is a shame since I found the plots with Dr. Herzle interesting, and it seems as if you did as well.

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Nov 20, 11 10:30 PM
Loved it, but liked the last one (Reincarnations: Discover the Past) better. RDTP is more romantic, for lack of a better word, but still love Back to Reality and will get the CE, as this is one of my fave series.

[Post New]by skyknight2000 on Dec 27, 11 10:17 AM
am on a 1 hour preview, enjoyed the game till I got to the sailors box, then it would not allow me to drag the figures pieces together, nothing, no help, all dead had to give up at the point, so will not be purchasing the product

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 3, 12 2:27 AM
grandmab3248 wrote:
glb613 wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:This game started off well, aside from the struggle to make the picture at least big enough to see rather than squashed in the centre. Searches were fairly easy, nice bright graphics, first story quite interesting, going along nicely until I tried to use an item somewhere that wasn't correct. 'That's not the way we do things round here', I was informed. Well I'm not from 'around here', so thank you and goodbye to this game. I will not be spoken to as if I was an idiot by a game There are ways of saying you've got it wrong but that wasn't it. No buy.

I can't believe what people will complain about. Geesh.

If that's the only reason you didn't buy this game, then you short changed yourself. You need to get over yourself. I'm ejoying it.

Whatever my reasons are for not buying a game, that is my choice. There was no need for you to be rude to me because of that reason. And thank you Roxiestar for being more understanding.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 2:31:31 AM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 6:36 PM
This game have a very interesting story line, that along caught my attention, the demo did the buying for me, but I am glad that I got it on a SE.

I played the game and I enjoyed it.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jan 26, 12 10:31 AM
excellent game with happy ending even!
good everything!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Apr 15, 12 3:30 PM
well i dunno how i missed this gem, but i just finished the demo, d/l game now. this is very much fun, i like everything about it so far. one of my fav dev's, great graphics, scenes that just appeal to me, good puzzles, some of which were not easy at all, and a sense of accomplishment for each hos. story line is unusual, i like it but am not yet sure about the tasks assigned, wondering if i am reincarnated here. still a lot of fun, so if you haven't tried it, i recommend it. i played on the medium difficulty for the trial, but think i will go to the most difficult for the rest of the game. this is one i want to make last as long as possible.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Apr 17, 12 6:20 PM
having just now finished the entire se...i see what others meant with the boring part. not sure if i was bored, exactly, more like indifferent to the fates of all but the first soul. the first scene was very cozy and almost kinkaidish in the different areas. after that it got less cozy and more something...like driving in a really great neighborhood and then coming back thru just ok or ugly neighborhoods. glad to be done, actually.

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Jun 5, 12 2:49 PM
I enjoyed this game as an SE. The storyline wasn't at all rich but it kept me hooked. The hogs and puzzles were fun and seemed to always have a bit of a twist from the usuals.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 3, 12 6:33 PM
Been working on this game for awhile and I just have to say it is a real downer compared to the first two. I loved the first two, but this one is really boring. Life 1 was ok, and life 2 at the museum was tolerable, but life 3 with this north pole thing - yuck. I will play though it eventually, but it's become a chore. The artwork for the north pole part is expecially bad; the style is very inconsistant. Too bad; Vogat is one of my favorite devs, but this one has been a real letdown. Glad some of the went to breast cancer.

CelticCoco

Edit - finished the whole game, at least the last part was pretty, but the HO scenes were nothing more than pasted in items. Just not up to modern, and especially Vogat standards. Oh well, at least some went to research breast cancer.

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 11:20:39 PM PST

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Mar 3, 13 5:58 PM
First of all I really liked this game. The graphic's were so great. The coloring was so perfect. Each scene was fantastic. The HOS we fun and the puzzles fun too.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Mar 11, 13 6:40 PM
I really enjoyed this game, bought it last October & just played it :/ I played Reincarnations: The Awakening quite some time back and enjoyed it also..
The HOGS and minis not too hard & not too easy, colors bright and mostly clear..Also I have gotton to the stage in life that when I can't figure out whats to be done and starting to get all up-tight I use a hint !, which up to now would not unless I couldn't progress at all.
I think the North Pole part was unusual and enjoyed it !
I'll give this one & 3/4 out of 5 [no jump map ((don't really need one:/)) ]

Edited on 03/11/2013 at 6:41:32 PM PST

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on May 30, 13 5:16 PM
The first mini game was the best one for me.....the other two were actually quite boring, I was glad to finally get it over with. I would rate this game 2 's outta 5.

Go to: