Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Nov 13, 11 7:46 AM
I was caught up in this game from the very beginning. Great graphics and motion scenes are just wonderful. The music is absolutely beautiful. I usually end up turning the music way down on every game and can hear the loop continuously. But this one, the music volume was already at a perfect setting and absolutely beautiful and in 30 minutes, I did not notice a loop. I never buy CE's because I just can't afford them, but I am seriously considering breaking down and getting this one if I can have the music. I will still have to wait until payday though. By then, I hope to see more reviews regarding length and bonus play.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Nov 13, 11 7:50 AM
Cor this looks like a bit of a whopper! Stopped playing after 17 mins to buy, I was looking for a new CE this week so I hope I've chosen well, will be back with review!

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Nov 13, 11 7:59 AM
I just downloaded and played the trial version of this game, after about 15 minutes of playing I tried to purchase it but am having some sort of difficulty doing that. As soon as things get straightened out it's a definate buy for me. Graphics are great and it's not dark, although the atmosphere is creepy it's my kind of game! Very well done to the Devs of this one 2 and 5 's. Thanks BFG for this one

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 11 8:21 AM
Brially wrote:Hello fellow fishies!

I just love this game!! I really hope you all will as well!!

The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition is from developers BLAM! (who I'm not personally familiar with). An interesting thing I've never seen before is an advisory for 'graphic content' that appears on the game's page. The overall atmosphere is meant to be spooky, and just the style of the illustrations lends itself to some kind of gory, graphic scenes right off the bat--you may want to check it first- if you have kiddos--I thought it was fine, though.

--Brially

Hi Brially

Sorry, had to cut off some of your really great review. Just wanted to say "thank you" for the brilliant review. You made me almost change my mind about buying the CE version.

[Post New]by jailbird400 on Nov 13, 11 8:32 AM
Sorry Fishies...as i have said before and will continue to say.....If it cant fill my screen. I will not spend $14. Please BFG, for that price. I dont thing im asking for a miracle. I just want to get what im paying for. I can wait and get the same game(minus an hour generally,) for half the price. No black bar on CE.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 13, 11 8:49 AM
First time in a long time that I was bored to death in in 10 min. It kept my interest for 1/2 the demo .....I hated to stop ....so it could be a buy ....

azada72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,438 Posts

[Post New]by azada72 on Nov 13, 11 8:54 AM
Hi, I'm new here..Just swimming by..I Beta Tested this game and loved it..And I'm waiting for SE to come out..Like Arthur C..CE's don't fit in my budget anymore.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Nov 13, 11 9:47 AM
azada72 wrote:Hi, I'm new here..Just swimming by..I Beta Tested this game and loved it..And I'm waiting for SE to come out..Like Arthur C..CE's don't fit in my budget anymore.

I haven't done the demo yet, just came back to check for length.

Welcome to the pond azada72. Look foward to more of your posts.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 13, 11 9:47 AM
Great weekend BF. Nice games. No raking through tenement slums or garbage piles. No grainy scenes or misspelled or mislabeled HOG items. That in itself is wonderful. This game is phenomenal as well. I am always amazed at all the technical issues people have with these games. I seldom have any problems. Good visuals, good sound, voice overs cute with the British accent, Puzzles are good and HOGS are good as well. Nothing to complain about except the time. Have to admit, I will probably buy this one as well. Geesh! However, I probably won't purchase anything for some time with the holidays coming. Maybe BF can provide us with a great Yuletide or Christmas, or whatever phenomenal game. How about the theme - Dickens' Christmas Carol. Happy Holidays which are coming in about a week. No time for games for me with the Holiday rush and Black Friday.

Welcome Azada. We all started somewhere before we became BF aficionados (a little Spanish lingo). You too can become a devotee to BF. We are all BF groupies.

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 9:50:05 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 13, 11 9:50 AM
Well Once my credit show up I added another , so now i will be buying this game, I don't usually buy CE's anymore but this one was an exception..Thx DEV's and BF for all the hard work that was put in this game,Fishes I know the one's that bought this game will have a lot of fun..Many hours of fun, I do love the bonus..
Happy Gaming..

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 11 10:11 AM
OLDBAY wrote:First time in a long time that I was bored to death in in 10 min. It kept my interest for 1/2 the demo .....I hated to stop ....so it could be a buy ....

Ummm... which is it, Oldbay? You were bored to death or you hated to stop, and consider buying it?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 13, 11 10:28 AM
OLDBAY wrote:First time in a long time that I was bored to death in in 10 min. It kept my interest for 1/2 the demo .....I hated to stop ....so it could be a buy ....

Hurray you are finally buying a game?!. Maybe, sorta. Hope you enjoy

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Nov 13, 11 10:44 AM
I love this game. I did not find the graphics fuzzy at all and I have a hi def monitor. There were no pauses between scenes so the pauses that were noted here may have to do with the speed or memory of your computer. The game played beautifully and the demo felt like it went so fast. The story line is right up my alley and I can't wait to buy, even though I normally don't get the CEs anymore. Not too may H0 scenes, which is perfect for me. The game is beautifully done and the voice overs are perfect. I can't wait to continue Enjoy fishes!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Nov 13, 11 10:45 AM
Valdy wrote:

Ummm... which is it, Oldbay? You were bored to death or you hated to stop, and consider buying it?

You are right on ....My tooth ache is bothering me more then I realized ...sorry. Yes I liked it but I haven't bought it yet due to PAIN ....

[Post New]by dewdrop1024 on Nov 13, 11 11:29 AM
LetMeTry wrote:I only played 19 minutes but the pauses inbetween scenes were unbelieveable. I do not think this would of been such a large game if the waiting period for the next scene wasn't so long. I liked the game very much but come on 19 minutes to get to inside the police station? That's the very begining of the game. I'll wait for the SE and hope someone makes a fix. Win xp and plenty of room on external hardrive. I listened to the begining story and was interested but after that the black screen inbetween scenes just prolonged me playing. I could hear the foot steps of the little girl but had to wait for the screen to load. Took too long for me anyone else have this?
Just thought I would drop a line and let you know that I didn't have ANY lags in the game..played really smooth and not once seen any loading lag time. Not sure what would cause that for you, but at least you know some others aren't having same prob...good luck..hopefully that can be fixed and you can enjoy playing what I think looks like a really good game.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 13, 11 11:56 AM
Just finished the trial and have no other comments that haven't been already stated. Storyline is a little different and found the music and graphics to be great. Puzzles are good too. I will probley wait until it's an SE as just got a bill for one of my prescriptions.. and don't have anything left..

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 11:57:22 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 11 12:33 PM
OLDBAY wrote:
Valdy wrote:

You are right on ....My tooth ache is bothering me more then I realized ...sorry. Yes I liked it but I haven't bought it yet due to PAIN ....

Oh no. I am sorry. If you have some whiskey in the house, take a swig and swirl it around in your mouth. It will numb the pain immediately and will help you until you can see a dentist tomorrow.

I am sitting here, gnawing at my fingers, not sure whether I should just go ahead and buy the CE - the 2 bonus chapters do sound tempting.

Has anyone finished the bonus chapters yet and can tell me what they are like?

ETA: OK, I did buy the CE after all.

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 1:28:33 PM PST

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 13, 11 1:12 PM
Just thought to mention I have downloaded Direct x 11 on my 32 bit Vista and have had no visual or graphic problems with playing any older or newer games. Also before and after dx11 have never had any problem filling the screen with any game.

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on Nov 13, 11 2:38 PM
Valdy wrote:
Brially wrote:Hello fellow fishies!

I just love this game!! I really hope you all will as well!!

The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition is from developers BLAM! (who I'm not personally familiar with). An interesting thing I've never seen before is an advisory for 'graphic content' that appears on the game's page. The overall atmosphere is meant to be spooky, and just the style of the illustrations lends itself to some kind of gory, graphic scenes right off the bat--you may want to check it first- if you have kiddos--I thought it was fine, though.

--Brially

Hi Brially

Sorry, had to cut off some of your really great review. Just wanted to say "thank you" for the brilliant review. You made me almost change my mind about buying the CE version.

Aww, thank you so much, Valdy! I'm SO glad my review helped--I was surprised my review was the first one posted--considering this was the first real review I think I've ever posted haha. Apparently I need to be more persuasive since you said I 'almost' changed your mind!

As to the posts on here where people seem to be having lag or other issues--I have had NO problems at all with this game. It is smooth, detailed and the graphics and everything else are great!

I have been busy all day, so I'm only now getting to go back since I was up WAY too late playing. Thanks again for the sweet feedback, Valdy---you definitely made my day!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 13, 11 2:58 PM
Okay, silly as it sounds, I was interested from the beginning when I saw February 16th...that's my birthdate! I went ahead and played the demo anyway. I find the graphic nice, not grainy, music okay, voice overs not bad at all (sinister little chap), game play nice. Yes, I do like the game and want to buy it, but will wait a bit.

For what it's worth: I agree some of the other fish in the pond. We are in an economic dump right now and a break would be nice. This is one of the few pleasures we have and enjoy, so why not give us more SE games and fewer CE's for awhile to help us out. It will only help BFG in the long run as well.

Go to: