hfulton13
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Be Rich - New Version Available Today, January 13th

[Post New]by hfulton13 on Jan 14, 09 9:49 AM
Hi i am having no luck at all with this game tried the first version which left me with 44 mins of play left but did not get to play the game at all uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again today and pressing the play button and nothing is happening can someone please help thanks

[Post New]by NoVelocity on Jan 14, 09 12:11 PM
Now instead of getting the error message my computer crashes. Are you going to fix the new "fix"? If not I would like my money back.

[Post New]by Daze95 on Jan 14, 09 12:56 PM
I also downloaded the first version all I got was a black screen with an error message, then downloaded the new version was playing ok and then it froze on me after a few levels and I could'nt even ctrl+alt+delete. I hope they fix this problem because I'm loosing my hair along with my mind...

[Post New]by jennbrjc6 on Jan 14, 09 2:56 PM
Same problem.. After almost EVERY lovel it will either freeze up or I will get an error code... This is getting ANNOYING!!!!!! Does anyone know if it will really get fixed?

Be Rich - New Version Available Today, January 13th

[Post New]by queencolleen7 on Jan 14, 09 4:33 PM
bfgErie wrote:Hi Everyone,

We have a new build of Be Rich available on the website right now. This should correct the errors users are experiencing with the game. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from your purchase history under the My Account tab on our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492>Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

Downloaded new version....still have error message

steffwhitt
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by steffwhitt on Jan 14, 09 4:34 PM
i reinstalled the new version and played the free trial without any errors,then used my credit on it.now it doesnt work and i keep getting an error code violation.i feel really let down as i have been looking forward to playing this for days now.

[Post New]by queencolleen7 on Jan 14, 09 4:44 PM
Mine gets to the point of building the airport...then freezes, cont ~ alt ~ delete has been all i can use to get out....

Edited on 01/14/2009 at 4:45:17 PM PST

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 14, 09 4:52 PM
Hi Folks,

If you have installed the newest version of Be Rich and are still experiencing problems, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team. Our Customer Support team are trained to deal with these types of problems and will work with you to get our game working properly.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

sassja23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassja23 on Jan 14, 09 5:53 PM
Gonna see if this works.
This is getting anoying

Edited on 01/14/2009 at 6:02:16 PM PST

[Post New]by nuggerb on Jan 14, 09 6:08 PM
Mine freezes in the same spot with an access violation. We should all get a free credit for all of this hassle

[Post New]by Deb611 on Jan 14, 09 8:50 PM
GRRRRRRRRR

I cannot get past level 11! I can finish it in 17 days then the money and confetti fall and I get this message-

Error: Access violation at 0x00BA764 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated

So, I cannot play this game at all. I love the game and am very irritated right now.
What do I do?? I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but the same thing happens.
PLEASE HELP ME!!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 14, 09 9:10 PM
Please contact our Customer Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

sassja23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassja23 on Jan 15, 09 1:01 AM
Ok I installed the newer version of Microsoft's DirectX and it worked.........for two levels
I even re-installed the nancy drew game and guess what,it worked perfectly.I checked every little thing on my computer for 2 hours and everything is up to date.This game should work perfectly on my pc and how is the Customer Support team supposed to help me if the game is full of bugs,sorry but I'm mad.

[Post New]by angelwingstn on Jan 15, 09 1:53 AM
I also reinstalled the game and it froze on level 27 again..........same thing. Had to shut my computer down to get out of it. I think I will ask for a refund as this game has some serious issues and I am afraid it is going to harm my computer.

[Post New]by kingtodd on Jan 15, 09 8:57 AM
so i went to customer complaint about the new version i think it is worse than the old at least the old version only turned black the new version made my avg activate as a virus and when i got past that i made it thru first level and it locked down my whole computer......anyways i said all that to say the customer complaint department is pretty fast and try's to help but i let them know i am done trying on this game i am scared it has a virus and i really don't want to mess up my puter

[Post New]by butterfly28 on Jan 15, 09 7:18 PM
does anyone know if another version is coming out

[Post New]by dearmolly54 on Jan 16, 09 12:20 PM
I have noticed that quite some people still have problems with "be rich" (including myself). I just think its rude that BFG is just ignoring us. I am sure we all are good customers of BGF and the company should treat us with a little more respect.

[Post New]by schmoo126 on Jan 16, 09 1:38 PM
I to keep getting the error access violation code. I wish they would fix the game as well.

[Post New]by Melissanronnie on Jan 16, 09 3:56 PM
I too have these same problems and I did contact the customer support like some many otheres probably did and here is the reply I got:

Thanks for letting me know about this.

We have in fact discovered a few more bugs in this game thanks for great customers like you.

We've contacted the developer again and are hoping to get another version of the game very soon to correct these bugs. We'll definitely post up another note on our forum for the game once we get the new version.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1091.page

Sorry again for all the trouble that this game has caused.

************************Its just ashame that we all have to wait so long for them to fix a game we all seem to enjoy. Its also ashame that it wasn't fully tested before releasing it for the general public. I've been a customer with BFG for over a year and this is the first time I have had a problem. I hope they fix it soon.

sassja23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassja23 on Jan 16, 09 3:57 PM
Awesome.

Edited on 01/16/2009 at 3:57:38 PM PST

Go to: