elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 17, 11 6:11 AM
tj1147 wrote:To those of you who have already clicked the "buy" button, can you tell from the SG now the approximate length of the game? Most likely, I will buy it anyway but do wonder about the length of the game. Thanks if you can help!!

Hey Tj1147--I posted this in the Review thread also: There are 47 pages in the Integrated SG--each of those pages contains lots of information. Some SGs have some pretty sparse pages, but not this one. Good gaming!

Regards, elldee

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 17, 11 6:13 AM
cme550, the simplest way to describe this is Adventure Lite (like the Drawn series).

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 17, 11 6:18 AM
I may be stupid and out of order.............but has "Azada" always been an ERS game?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 17, 11 6:27 AM
no it wasnt nwr

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 17, 11 6:28 AM
nwr1948x wrote:I may be stupid and out of order.............but has "Azada" always been an ERS game?
No, they weren't before. I believe (?) BFG was the developer on the earlier games. This is the first ERS-developed Azada game.
(info according to wiki)

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 6:30:00 AM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 17, 11 6:32 AM
I did not intend to even TRY this game, until I read some reviews about it being a HOG Adventure game. The first Azada, was never finished, by me or my husband, as it was just impossible, frustrating and for us, unpleasant.

The second I passed because of the first one and figured this one would be the same as the first. Don't know really as I never used the trial and didn't read the forums.

The present one I am going to give a chance but if it gets too hard, I'm done. LOL. This old brain and eyes are just not up to advanced puzzles and confusing plot. If I wanted to go to work, I'd get a job and get paid for being worn out! :-)

Wish me luck........

Okc SC(senior citizen)

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 17, 11 6:43 AM
elldee2728 wrote:
tj1147 wrote:To those of you who have already clicked the "buy" button, can you tell from the SG now the approximate length of the game? Most likely, I will buy it anyway but do wonder about the length of the game. Thanks if you can help!!

Hey Tj1147--I posted this in the Review thread also: There are 47 pages in the Integrated SG--each of those pages contains lots of information. Some SGs have some pretty sparse pages, but not this one. Good gaming!

Regards, elldee

Thank you, Elldee! I am just loving this game and I'm sure it will be a "buy" when my daughter signs on and sees it! She loves the Azada games and plays on the most difficult level.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 17, 11 6:45 AM
nwr1948x wrote:I may be stupid and out of order.............but has "Azada" always been an ERS game?

Hey Nwr--Piggy-backing on the post from DarkDisciple--There's surely no such thing as being "stupid" here in the forums, and there's no "out of order" charge unless the "judge" (Mod) says so! OK?

I really agree with DarkDisciple--it's good that ERS "inherited" this series--better graphics and better overall production values. Good gaming!

Regards, elldee

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Nov 17, 11 6:55 AM
Very different from the previous Azada games, but I ran out the demo hour before I knew it. I, for one, am pretty tired of the standard hidden object scenes and really enjoy this type of game where you find stuff then have to figure out what to do with it. I played on the hardest setting, and the game doesn't give you any clues as to what you need for a particular scene - very challenging. I will be buying this CE even though I have mostly gotten away from CE's since they don't really offer enough extra gameplay to make the extra cost worthwhile.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 17, 11 7:08 AM
ladygem6 wrote:I did not intend to even TRY this game, until I read some reviews about it being a HOG Adventure game. The first Azada, was never finished, by me or my husband, as it was just impossible, frustrating and for us, unpleasant.

The second I passed because of the first one and figured this one would be the same as the first. Don't know really as I never used the trial and didn't read the forums.

The present one I am going to give a chance but if it gets too hard, I'm done. LOL. This old brain and eyes are just not up to advanced puzzles and confusing plot. If I wanted to go to work, I'd get a job and get paid for being worn out! :-)

Wish me luck........

Okc SC(senior citizen)
GOOD LUCK Lady Gem...Maybe since it's been awhile since you tried the original AZADA you might be a lot better at it now if you go try it again, older and wiser, you know.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 17, 11 7:09 AM
Not played this new Azada yet, owing to back pain which makes sitting for too long excruciating Once I can sit for an hour or more, I'm looking forward to this game! Surprised to read it's from ERS, as I thought BFG made the original Azada, which I loved. The second one wasn't quite as good IMHO.

As for it being shown as a HOPA, if there are objects to find then technically it is part hidden object game. Whilst the majority of games advertised as HOPA's use the standard pattern i.e. object search, find an item, use it somewhere, object search etc. etc., it doesn't mean they must all be presented in this way (but I can understand why some would be unhappy that this game is listed under that category).

Enough sitting in one place, have to stand up now or I'll be sorry. Happy gaming

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 17, 11 7:39 AM
Streifenbarbe wrote:The first two Azada games didn't really gripp me. But this one is definitely a buy for me. Great graphics, some wearing off your sneekers, and the minigames are fun (so far). Got as far as to find the second bug when the demo was over.

Ditto on what you said. I would like to add that I like the single hidden objects here and there as opposed to lots of junk piles. This is much more fun IMO.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 17, 11 7:45 AM
peglegann wrote:Gave up and did the demo before work.

I like it!

Ditto but how can you go to work now I would have to call in sick and stay home and play? lol.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 7:51:53 AM PST

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Nov 17, 11 7:55 AM

First off, let me say I'm not the nitpicking type....but.

I just watched the video and at the moment when the guy pulls off the mask and opens the trap door for our hero/heroine to fall through the caption reads:

It was a rouse.

Did they mean to say ruse, b/c to my uncertain knowledge rouse is a verb and means to awaken, while ruse is subterfuge?

Probably just a typo. Still....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 11 8:05 AM
This is not a game with HOS (hidden object scenes), but it plays like a HOG - just without the HOS.

I am so glad I bought this game. At first I was sceptical about all the puzzles, but so far I have only skipped one, which didn't seem to work for me (making all drops the same colour). Otherwise, all the other puzzles were easy enough even for me to do.

This is a really wonderful game - lovely graphics, lovely scenery, and we even get to see characters who talk to us - just like we are used to in the all the ERS HOGs.

I bought the CE, not so much for the bonus game, but because this will be the first time I might need to refer to the SG (strategy guide) when I am doing the puzzles.

Just finished feeding the chimeras, and will give the game a rest. I hate rushing through a game, especially if I love it as much as I do this one (I am the same with books), and will continue later on).

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 17, 11 9:08 AM
I have not finished downloading the trial yet but have read the reviews and comments about this game. I see that many people are upset about the fact that this game is called a Hidden Object game. If it is like the other Azada games, it is not a Hidden Object game. Every Adventure game I have ever played has hidden objects. You need to find them to accomplish tasks in the game. Even Myst has hidden objects but I would never consider that to be a Hidden Object game. It is strictly an Adventure game.

My download has finished now so I'm off to play the game.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 9:20:21 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 9:50 AM
The original Azadas had objects you had to find...all adventure games have objects you have to find in order to solve puzzles open doors, crates or otherwise advance in the game. But they are not by any stretch of the imagination thought of as hidden object games.

There is a different expectation when a game's description includes the phrase "Hidden Object" game, whether other words like 'Adventure' or 'Puzzle' are used in the description or not. BFG and ERS know this and they know the high popularity of hidden object games.

How many iHOG fans would have downloaded the trial if the description only read 'Puzzle Adventure' game?

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Nov 17, 11 9:51 AM
Valdy - that's why I LOVE Boomzap games - lots of puzzles, no junkpiles, beautiful art, and not creepy.

dvdiva - I, too, can't stand junkpiles. Reminds me of my parents' house before we hired a company to clean it out

So, does anyone have an idea of how long the bonus play is? That will be the deciding factor for me for CE vs SE. I don't want any of the other stuff that comes with the CE.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 10:42 AM
sheilamilo wrote:So, does anyone have an idea of how long the bonus play is? That will be the deciding factor for me for CE vs SE. I don't want any of the other stuff that comes with the CE.

I've only found this, thus far:

f1racing wrote:...[clip] I finished it and it was a pretty good length. To be honest though, if I knew how short the bonus chapter would be, I would have waited for the SE.

Update *** Lady_Cav advises that the bonus is around 30 minutes.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 11:19:25 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 17, 11 11:22 AM
agree with ladycav,,,extremely short bonus game....typical ers....i am done done done with ce,s

Go to: