kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kboozer on Nov 17, 11 8:00 AM
I don't do reviews on many games, especially if I haven't finished playing it. This one is different for me. I knew I wanted to buy it after 15 minutes of play. I love HOGS but it isn't a reason for me to purchase or play a game. The game needs to keep my attention and draw me in and this one did. The artwork, the voices, the puzzles (love em!) and especially the music. When I heard the music on the player piano, it was beautiful. The music alone is worth it. Hope everyone gives this a try. Just play the demo and listen to the music. It'll get to ya. Thanks devs and BF, this is a good one.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 17, 11 8:15 AM
I am a ERS fan and like their graphics, voice-over and sounds. This looks like an other winner. I do like HOGs but adventure games is my next favorite. Will be buying this one.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 17, 11 9:14 AM
I'm not very impressed by the game. I do not like that it hasn`t hog-scenes. The graphics are wonderful, as always with games from the developer. The story isn`t interesting. The puzzles I played during the trial period were a little difficult, but I have not even impressed. I am not buying the game as the collectors edition, maybe not even the regular version. No buy today for me

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 17, 11 9:25 AM
Glad to hear that there are no hidden object scenes in the game. I have no problem with H0 scenes in games, but when I saw "hidden object" in the title of this game, it was a really WTH moment for me because Azada games are puzzle games, not H0 games.

Azada players have been anticipating this game for so long, it would have been a shame if the series had been turned into a standard ERS HOPA game. I am disappointed that it has been issued in a CE version, though; I think that that was unnecessary and while I understand the need to make as large a profit as possible on the game sale, I don't think that this series should have been broken into CE/SE versions. I'll be waiting for the SE version.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 17, 11 9:43 AM
dlcoyte wrote:Im sorry but I jump at buying ERS games but during part of demo I got out when it started looking different from their usual games and looked at reviews. Now seeing they say no HOGS in it at All!!!! I love their HOGS. They are well done, crisp and I like them, though I know alot of you Hate them so much. I hate to buy this and it doesnt have the one thing i like so much..... Since when does ERS do a game up this way. Disappointed to no end, but will do rest of demo. Bad move guys. If all your previous games are done a certain way in the last yr then why change???

I take your points; as a fan of the usual formula ERS games follow, this one would be a disappointment. But a developer can't progress if they just churn out the same basic style of game all the time. Look at Playrix; never before made a strategy/building game and then came out with Royal Envoy. Was that a 'bad move'? Hardly; it sold by the truckload and became one of their most popular games!

And I don't think many here actually 'hate' the usual ERS games; it's just that they never really change and some will get bored with that. Personally I applaud them for trying something different; looks like it's been a pretty successful attempt from the reviews!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 17, 11 9:44 AM
So...bought the first Azada way back on July 4 2007...I've played it more than once & definitely recall being blown away by it the first time through. It was so unique compared to available faire back then. Now we're spoiled rotten by so many amazing games - but so far Azada is holding up for me (played part of demo & just bought). Mind I'm beginning to feel like a screaming Justin Beiber fan when it comes to ERS games I think they could put out 3 screen shots & I'd buy it - but I did make a few negative comments on the last Haunted Halls - so I'm not quite at the blind adoration stage & can be trusted to be honest

I'll pitch in with those who are happy it's puzzle (as it should be - though I'm avid for H0's in all forms) and also give a big for a thus far smooth running game, no lags or drags

And that's enough reviewing for me - I have to go play, play, play!!

ranger05
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ranger05 on Nov 17, 11 9:56 AM
Love the game. Will be adding it to my Azada collection as soon as I get this month's credit. I love ****, but don't mind there not being any here. Everything else is great. I love it when you can choose what mode you want to play in. I don't want to see any sparkles for anything.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 17, 11 10:39 AM
Just finished the trial version and have to admit, it's not bad at all. Certainly not like the first two, and for me, that's a relief. I like it but not sure if I want the CE or the SE. Guess I keep watching the reviews and decide later.

It is difinitely not a hidden object game, in the true sense of the word. You do have to look for stuff, and run around and repeat locations...etc, like in most games but there is no junk pile, no list of things to look for. Though it is intriging, not sure it's work a CE price.

In my opinion, if the game is hard, and the hints don't help enough, you need a CE. Also, if the bonus chapter is relavent to the story, you also need it. Otherwise, I am waiting for the SE. Most likely.

So keep posting, guys. All this input will help a lot as money is tight so I need to spend it wisely.

gem

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 17, 11 10:45 AM
mariannequilts wrote:Well, after reading elldee and tex's reviews, I'm buying and not even doing the demo. Adventure game...yippee. I don't mind a few H0s as long as they aren't the junkpile type and I like puzzles.

ETA: Since I'm new to gaming, I'm not real good as yet with puzzles, so the SG is a plus for me.

Hey Marianne--Well, I'm ing that you put your trust in me (and probably Tex, too, although she's definitely one to be trusted) (me, too, I think!)!

I do have to say this, though--it's always, always a good idea to try the demo, just to make sure it runs on your machine, especially when you're talkin' $14.00! And I surely can also use the SG from time to time when it comes to puzzles! Good Gaming!

Regards, elldee

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 17, 11 11:21 AM
as usual. the bonus play is extrememly short....will i never learn

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 11 11:21 AM
I have now finished the game, and despite the super short bonus game, I don't regret having bought the CE, since I bought it mainly because I felt I needed the SG in this game.

I am usually a HOG fan, and not really into "puzzles only" games. However, this game played just like any other of ERS' HOGs (as I mentioned before), only that there were no HOS (hidden object scenes). And there weren't all that many puzzles either, most of which I was able to do without skipping.

Gorgeous graphics, wonderfully done characters with voice-over, lovely scenery mostly, and a great gameplay.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 11:22:20 AM PST

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Nov 17, 11 11:31 AM
Hi, fishie friends! I hope you're all having a great day, full of fun and interesting activities.

I am always grateful to have an actual adventure game, and like the other Azada games in this series, I love this game.
The Azada series are the only games I’ve purchased (among many hundreds) that my whole family enjoys playing. Thank-you developers.

For me, the entertainment in gaming includes discovering what actions are necessary for one to progress, and which puzzles one must discover clues to, and/or for which one needs to find objects. Azada offers all these elements very creatively. I found the puzzles ranging from simple, to enjoyably challenging, without being at all frustrating. I really love games like this one, where I may come to a point at which I realize that I need to retrace my steps and notice what I may have missed.

The graphics in this game are inarguably lovely, colorful, well-saturated and have a great depth to them. I found the story lines are enjoyable and the mini-games also very entertaining.

When it comes to gaming there are no absolutes. One might consider Azada to have hidden objects throughout the game, rather than in stand-alone screens and thus qualify for the hidden object descriptor, or one might feel this is a pure adventure game. Most games which have components of other categories are usually listed in both places.

We all have our own valid and personal opinions regarding game categories, qualities, shortcomings and so forth. After all, it’s all subjective. So, please, let’s not argue. These forums are about games and games are supposed to be about having fun.

As to whether or not you’ll like this game, it's really a matter of personal gaming tastes and preferences. I’d say this is a well done game that is interesting, entertaining and a refreshing return to adventure gaming. I highly recommend it. At least give the demo of this one a try.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 11:32:42 AM PST

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Nov 17, 11 12:03 PM
Well I guess you COULD say that the objects that we need to use in the puzzles are hidden... but I agree - not a HOG. It's so much better! I put up with hogs to get to the puzzles and story. This game is so right up my alley. Thank you BFG, will be a buy for me.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 17, 11 12:07 PM
What a great game... Have played for a little over 30 min and can't wait to get back into the game. The graphics are superb and love everything about it. So far the puzzles have been easy and able to solve them. Will add more later, but I am sure it will be all positive and worth the CE price.. Great job..

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 17, 11 12:26 PM
Azada! Yea! Been waiting for this one. Delighted with ERS so that is a bonus for me.I do have the first two Azada games, though I felt that they were both as different from each other as this one is from them. I enjoy puzzles, so that is a good thing, but these puzzles seem a bit easy. The first Azada made me nuts trying to beat the games, the second seemed much easier but more redundant. This one is great so far, simply different. I will buy the SE as I rarely buy the CE versions of anything.

Puzzle gamers - buy it - either version - fun but easy mini-games.
HOG lovers (like me) - sorry, none, but try it anyway - really enjoyable.
Adventure gamers - enough of a story to give you a goal.
For anyone tired of dreary, dark, demon-filled games - this one is much lighter and enjoyable - buy it!

CelticCoco

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 17, 11 12:41 PM
Hurrah! no HOGS! Yeah for us who absolutely hate hidden object scenes! Well worth the buy if that is true!. Thanks BF.

Finally got to play the new ERS game. Also, got to beta test another ERS game! Must be my lucky day! There is absolutely no one out there who compares to these ERS games! Well designed. Good graphics. Excellent clarity in the graphics. There are three levels, so those of us who want to have a challenge may do so but it also allows those who may want to just navigate through the game because of the storyline, can do so also. Love there are not HOGS! Yeah! I think this will be a great seller. Puzzles are decent with some new spins on the puzzles. Had to purchase it, couldn't resist even with Christmas coming.

The one I beta tested is also another fabulous game but that one, which deals with werewolves, has HOGs. So, don't despair all of you who like Hidden Object scenes. Been a great month for me with these great games. A+++++ and kudos to ERS.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 2:58:32 PM PST

MrsWhatsit
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MrsWhatsit on Nov 17, 11 12:50 PM
Lady_Cav, thank you for answering my question.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 17, 11 1:51 PM
catfish girl you are echoing my thoughts on this 3rd installment of Azada.

When I look at it as the 3rd game in the Azada series I am so disappointed.
It's nothing like the others which were puzzle games. Some original, sometimes really hard puzzle games.

When I heard ERS were taking over Azada, I groaned as I knew it would be like this. Sort of a HOPA (without the H O) with puzzles that were as easy as normal HOPAs. Azada was so not like that.

So far they have been your normal, really easy, unoriginal puzzles like in most HOPAs. And I can't believe you can't replay the puzzles after you finish. Am so annoyed with BF for farming this out.

Now if I try and look at it differently. Like this is just another HOPA, then things change slightly. I usually dislike ERS graphics, they all seem muted, smudged graphics. This isn't like that, it's actually mostly crisp. Excellent opening graphics. And of course no H O which is an added bonus to me. But apart from no H O it plays like every other HOPA.
I love the option of not seeing the hints everytime you come across an object, which tells you what to do. But I was disappointed as I was hoping playing in hardest setting meant the puzzles would be a challenge or harder.

So looking at it from that point of view I will buy the SE. Not the CE as, as usual it's short - the bonus play apparently is very short. So it's a no brainer for me to wait.

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Nov 17, 11 2:05 PM
Gingergal - I agree with everything you said. The first two Azada games were fantastic and original, the graphics were superb especially in the second game. I was so happy when I saw the third had finally come out, and then I saw ERS and said "uh-oh". Tried it anyway, and sure enough, it has the look and feel of a typical ERS game. Totally disappointed and deflated by this.

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on Nov 17, 11 2:29 PM
I have also got the first two Azada's and am very dissapointed in this game. I have only played the demo but it was like every other game out there with out the junk pile scenes. I was expecting something unique and out of the ordinary like the first two. I am undecided as to whether to buy or not .

Go to: