lee7720
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Post any Drawn™: Trail of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by lee7720 on Nov 29, 11 11:48 PM
rogerscove wrote:I've ALWAYS had problems with the Drawn series and got a credit for one of them because it couldn't be fixed. In this one, I cannot mix the last of the paints but was able to do this no problem in the CE. Given the problems everyone else is having, I think I'll just uninstall and not even bother. Unfortunate, because I really like this series.

Same problem....can't pick up the pestle to pulverize the last stone....does anyone have an answer for this....seems lots of questions here but no replies !!

[Post New]by reneejack on Dec 2, 11 7:44 AM
Huaka wrote:Umm... you know that part where you have to match the items on the rotating wheels? Well I'm down to my last two BUT the other ones I have to match them with is on the same rotating wheel thing when I swap it so it's technically impossible to match them. What do I do now?

I'm having the same issues. Any answers?

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Dec 4, 11 7:12 PM
calsmom2001 wrote:Guess I'll be the first...I got to the "mix the paints" part, and got an error message - something about AMB-palette-spoon-please wait. This didn't happen in the CE demo, hope there's a fix for this.

Had the same thing happen to me on 12/4, so I'm guessing no fix?!

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Dec 7, 11 3:23 PM
NYCgamer wrote:I can't get beyond the screen with the rats on the bridge. When I try to make the three cats come together into one picture --no matter what I do the game freezes and I have to escape and close the game completely.

Iv'e got the same problem, frozen on the 3 cats, had to use the 3 fingers to end task. This game has stuck twice before but after doing an end task I was able to carry on when I re-opened. I hope it does the same again!

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Dec 7, 11 4:09 PM
smartvalerie wrote:
NYCgamer wrote:I can't get beyond the screen with the rats on the bridge. When I try to make the three cats come together into one picture --no matter what I do the game freezes and I have to escape and close the game completely.

Iv'e got the same problem, frozen on the 3 cats, had to use the 3 fingers to end task. This game has stuck twice before but after doing an end task I was able to carry on when I re-opened. I hope it does the same again!

Back to tell you that having frozen on me again & doing end task, I was finally able to finish game.

VanRonk
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by VanRonk on Dec 14, 11 4:17 AM
rtrooney wrote:Have a repeating problem. When I give the gold coin to the wizard with the book the game crashes. I am not allowed to take the book. The hand icon remains on when I move the cursor about the screen. It requires a Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit the game. When I restart the game I am not even returned to the spot where the game crashed...nor even to the spot where I started prior to the first crash, but to the spot when I first went underground.

The same crash has occurred at the exact same spot three times. Ergo, I am unable to proceed. As far as I can tell, the game cannot be completed. Very frustrating.

Unfortunately - snap!

I cannot get any further and have tried re-installing.

Edited on 12/14/2011 at 4:18:49 AM PST

[Post New]by FrogLuv655 on Dec 16, 11 6:03 PM
grover3e wrote:
calsmom2001 wrote:Guess I'll be the first...I got to the "mix the paints" part, and got an error message - something about AMB-palette-spoon-please wait. This didn't happen in the CE demo, hope there's a fix for this.

Had the same thing happen to me on 12/4, so I'm guessing no fix?!

I have a similar problem at palette. I have blue rock in bowl, but it won't let me grab pestle to pulverize, but keeps telling me I need to pulverize first. Tried exiting and coming back, but stuck in same spot. I have red, yellow and orange paint, but without blue I can't go further

lee7720
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lee7720 on Jan 1, 12 9:18 AM
This paint problem has been going on over a month...does nobody have a solution.????...can't progress in game until I pulverize last color....HELP !!!

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 9:18:31 AM PST

bab43
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by bab43 on Jan 15, 12 5:56 PM
bobby_m wrote:I had the same problem with the Frog topiary and got round it by crashing out and restarting the level.
I had the Same problem of the game freezing when I assembled the lens in the monkey caves to clear the rats out of the way.
This is a long way through the level to have to redo.
Is there any chance of a better or repaired version of this game which seems to have been missed the checking process.

Thanks

I also had the Frog topiary problem but managed to finish the game so hopefully others will be able to as well. I don't know what worked exactly so I can't tell you the real fix for this unfortunately.

I uninstalled the adobe products (Flash and Shockwave) since these have given me problems in various games in the past, rebooted and reinstalled only the 32 bit versions for my Vista 64 machine. (I don't know if this game even uses these but they're mentioned in the technical help section, so ....)

I had to start again as a new player but chose 'casual' rather than 'difficult' in case a bit of code was snipped out for the 'difficult' level. No further problems at all. But I did make sure to check all blue light areas before leaving a scene. I can't remember if I saw them originally when the Frog topiary was freezing, but I certainly wasn't seeing them at all when the problem was occurring.

It's a bit frustrating starting again but at least the game lets you skip puzzles so you don't have to do them again if you don't want to.

unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jan 21, 12 4:59 PM
rara3462 wrote:I have got to the cat on the rat bridge and it keeps freezing and the game becomes unresponsive. Any ideas?

unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jan 21, 12 5:02 PM
I'm having the same problem, cats on rat bridge keep freezing up. What is one to do?

unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jan 21, 12 6:26 PM
reneejack wrote:
Huaka wrote:Umm... you know that part where you have to match the items on the rotating wheels? Well I'm down to my last two BUT the other ones I have to match them with is on the same rotating wheel thing when I swap it so it's technically impossible to match them. What do I do now?

I'm having the same issues. Any answers?

unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jan 21, 12 6:28 PM
You have to click on, say the tree, click to switch over to click on the saw etc.

dogmichael
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by dogmichael on Jan 27, 12 9:00 AM
Game freeze, right after putting the glass shred into the lens, try every way recommended, still don't work. Anyone have any suggestion?

[Post New]by Froghood on Mar 3, 12 1:16 AM
I was thoroughly enjoying the game but now it simply refuses to load. It loads as far as 91% and then stops, no matter how long I wait (I had reached the episode after the "rats and cat" scene). A pity, but it just refuses to play.

[Post New]by pschaudt on Mar 4, 12 4:05 PM
I am also having trouble with the posters. When I colored the lamplighter, everything worked great, but when my daughter does it, it says that it still needs color (and it doesn't). Also, when I try to rub the paper against the rocks with the charcoal, the picture comes out but I am not able to retrieve the paper. It suggests that I use some charcoal to transfer the image. DUH! What do you think I just did?? Very frustrating if it doesn't get fixed soon--and I purchased this game!! What a bummer.

[Post New]by crescentallat on Mar 14, 12 6:31 PM
GoldenTigress08 wrote:Also, it won't let me paint the king in the workshop? Every time I attempt to paint him it just makes a puff of the color but never actually paints it.

i have same problem with painting queen, just puffs. any solution?

[Post New]by 420BabyDoll on Mar 20, 12 12:42 AM
Great series. Love the pseudo 3D!!! However... One problem: How the text renders on the edge of the screen. It is cutoff. I cannot read the text that displays close to the edge in its entirety. I have attempted multiple screen resolutions to no avail. I also attempted adjusting the settings in my graphics drivers. (I am using a NVidia GTX 520 w/ up to date drivers and on DVI) Some of the settings I manipulated include, but aren't limited to: Aspect ratios, scale override, 16:9 and 4:3 in game aspect ratio adjustment, force full-screen from the program shortcut options, among others. I would greatly appreciate your effort in getting back to me about this issue if not addressing it head on. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

P.S. I scoured Google and said forums with no luck so I hope its fixable on my end, however, the rest of the in game rendering (loading screens and menus do display correctly and don't "fall off" the screen) so it would seem that this is a hard code issue.

[Post New]by grambones on Apr 9, 12 5:44 AM
has anyone else got to the rabbit topiary and gotten stuck. won't let me take page out of basket. have reloaded several times. my daughter on her Mac, had no problems.
played the other two games without any issues.

[Post New]by CAVnmv on May 9, 12 10:38 PM
WFU0208 wrote:Everything works swimmingly, until I get to the point where I need to make charcoal etchings of the carvings on the rocks, in order to carve the wooden figures. I am able to etch the one at the top of the mountain (by the old fireside) and the one by the windmills, but I cannot etch the one at the foot of the mountain (where the shield was). I can place the piece of paper and pick up the charred stick, but nothing happens when I rub the charred sticks across the paper. I've tried restarting the game, but it has still gotten stuck right at the point. I'm really enjoying the game and I want to keep going. Help!!

I have the same problem. Up til this point things were working fine, a little glitchier than the other Drawn games, but no real issues. Now i'm completely stuck. Very annoying.

Go to: