Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 20, 11 9:54 AM
This game didn't grab me when the CE came out. I honestly can't see why people get so excited about it. The gameplay is different but seems childish to me. The directions for the mini games aren't very clear. I used a punch card credit to get this free and I'm so glad I didn't actually spend any money on it. I would have truly regretted it if I had. To me this is only out of 5.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 21, 11 6:55 AM
I don't know, but when I see so many posts that say they are removed by moderator, I am very hesitant! Too bad, as I enjoyed the first two games, this one with all the moderator oversight that is deleting opinions/thoughts, I think I will pass. Bummer...........

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 21, 11 11:56 AM
CiChDa, the comments didn't relate to the game itself. Please don't let the "Removed by moderator" posts put you off.

They weren't negative, rachacha, they just weren't reviews.

Edited on 11/21/2011 at 11:56:45 AM PST

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Nov 21, 11 6:51 PM
Much to my dismay, I am pulling the plug on my positive review of this game.

It has had continual, repeatable crashes at the end of the game. For me, rendering the game unable to be finished. CS has recognized the problem.

This is so sad. I really thought this was a winner.

[Post New]by 0timelost on Nov 21, 11 10:21 PM
So far, I am loving the game because it is engaging and the art work is still exquisite. I do agree with some previous posts where they state it is slightly more easier than the previous two games, and I do miss the interactive pictures. This game has all of the pictures condense into one book. The game seems relatively short, and because of this reason, I choose to buy the SE instead of the CE since I do not care for the wallpaper and such. It is ingenious of Big Fish to incorporate the bonus chapter into the middle of the game so the SE and CE has the same ending. I wish the rest of the Drawn game will continue to do so.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 22, 11 11:58 AM
loved the game, Thx Dev's you have out done yourselves with all your hard work, I appreciate all your hard work and thx BF..

[Post New]by lori41018 on Nov 22, 11 3:45 PM
I enjoyed what was there but it was entirely to short. It was a waste of my game credit. I loved the first 2. Very disappointed in this one.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Nov 23, 11 6:28 PM
Pros:
beautiful and interesting artwork as in the previous Drawn games
same great music and sound
fun puzzles

Cons:
WOW this was too short and by too short i'm not like "oh i love this game and it could never be long enough" but i mean like "holy cows they reeeeeally skimped on this one with the length and i sorta feel ripped off".

as much as i've loved this series i'm really going to reconsider buying more if they continue making them shorter each time. or i'll just wait until they're a DD one day or something. too bad because this is one series i've really loved a lot. my husband was sitting next to me as i played and when i finished the final "boss fight" he said "that's it?" which pretty much sums up how i'm feeling right now.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Nov 23, 11 7:08 PM
A lot were disappointed in this game but I guess i'm just a sucker for continuing episodes cos I bought it just to round up the set. It's still interesting enough tho. I like games with more puzzles than ****.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Nov 23, 11 7:10 PM
My short form for hidden (H) object was censored. why? Did I write something wrong?

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Nov 23, 11 7:12 PM
Now I see a clock instead of an O is there something wrong with my keyboard

[Post New]by ouncible on Nov 24, 11 12:10 AM
Meh... It's still pretty to look at, but it's short and a bit buggy.

The story is thinner than usual (even for this sort of game). The puzzles are more soothing than challenging, which can be good or bad depending on your mood. On the other hand, figuring out the GOAL of the mini-games without consulting help is often pretty tricky.

I don't regret buying it, but I'm really glad I didn't spring for the CE.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 25, 11 7:46 AM
Hope all fishies that celebrate had a Happy Thanksgiving. As far as this game was concerned it was really beautiful, the music, flowers, birds, butterflies. I liked the idea of the puzzle books, did not get the idea of finding all the pigs though. I played until I got to the frozen monkey underground, all those monkeys, Ugh,and had to quit. Where did all the color go? Nice game otherwise.

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Nov 27, 11 4:49 PM
As a general rule, Games are top notch, especially MCF and the 1st 2 Drawn games. But I can't help feel like I've been gypped! Not only is the game way too short, even as an SE, but puzzles are easier than in the first two. It's also more linear than the others. The graphics are still good, but not quite as good as the others in the series. The movement in the game didn't do anything for me, nor did it enhance the game IMO. While you can still tell that put effort into this, with what I saw with MCF - EFR, this game was obviously far lower on their priority list.

What this reminds me of is what happened to the Dream Chronicles series. The 1st three were great, and a lot of detail went into them, especially into the puzzles. The newest ones though are way shorter, easier, and just have the appearance being rushed out to get them to market. That's what this game feels like - rushed out.

Having said all that, I did still mostly enjoy this game, and if you've bought the others, then you may still like this game. If you're new to Drawn, pass on this one, or wait until it's a DD or COTW. Because of the quality of the previous Drawn games, this was an automatic buy for me, but not any more! C'mon if you're going to continue this series, then I suggest that you don't just sluff this off to the "B" team. Please make the extra effort to flesh out a top notch game again, even if it means releasing one every two years instead of every year.

I give it out of 8 slices.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Nov 30, 11 3:24 PM
I loved the first two Drawn games.

Even though this was a prequel I still think it should have been more intense, longer and had the same emotional feel as the previous two.

I as disappointed in this one. It seemed that the creators knew we were waiting for it so they rushed the game. The story is shallow.

I felt insulted when they charged twice as much for a game not even half as long as the others. It takes forever to load, stalls and can't seem to keep up with itself as the graphics sometimes blink out and there is sometimes lag time between a click and an action.

The second game gave a hint that the story was not over. So there may still be another game.

As for the Trail of Shadows, it seems to be an interval to keep us busy until the "real" game comes along.

Boo Hisss.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Nov 30, 11 7:08 PM
I tried to like this, but I had to go to the walkthrough almost every other move to get anywhere. What really blew my mind was in the palette. I put one rock in, pulverized it, made paint; second rock, the same; third - the red rock -- wouldn't let me pick up the pulverier. I couldn't do anything! Quit game and came back -- still stuck. Finally became someone new and carefully made sure they were all powder before mixing paints and got through it. Not too bad at the beginning, but what happens when I have this kind of sticking point in the last chapter?

For the demo, I make good use of the walkthrough because I want to see as much of the game as I can. But I don't like ones where it is a necessity rather than a means of speeding up progress. Not a game for me.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Dec 2, 11 11:19 PM
Yes Like very much.. Not as good as the first two or as long ,but I think I had value for money,
love the animation and graphics , I was lost in the magical world ,one of the few games that I would play again..
I am tempted to play all three again !!!
More games like DRAWN please I am fed up with car crashes , lost siblings and asylums. !!!!
thanks agin BF

VanRonk
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by VanRonk on Dec 5, 11 3:19 AM
Thanks QEIII

I totally agree with you. I have only completed the first three puzzles, but what a fantastic game! So glad I bought it.
Even the opening sequence with all the gold and burnt orange colours is mesmerising! I could watch it for ages. It would make a great screensaver.
Sooo looking forward to the rest of this one. Graphics 11/10.

Screen movement does not affect me, but if it does you can switch it off. I am playing in casual/easy mode and the puzzles are medium strength - so far!

Thanks all

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Dec 6, 11 2:15 AM
I love the Drawn series but Geez....Way too short. Hope this one comes out as a 2.99 special soon. How about an early Christmas present?

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Dec 6, 11 2:59 PM
I enjoyed the first two Drawn games, but this one I did not care for at all, very short, not worth my time, I ended up finishing it because I bought it and figured I might as well finish the game, I always play games twice, I will not bother to play this game again

Go to: