Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kyaljoe on Nov 22, 11 1:28 PM
keep getting the same error message as everyone else and the game keeps closing down...or the screen only shows half a picture...have shut off the computer and restarted and have reinstalled still happening...but most frustrating is that I have done everything and cannot find the last fresco it is like it disappeared, I even went through the guide and followed the guide (which I hate doing and it still is no where to be found)...starting to get pissed with Big fish...

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

4th Fresco Piece

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 22, 11 1:51 PM
Lynniebabe wrote:I see some others have encountered the same problem. I must have grabbed the snake on the stone pillar before picking up the fresco piece, and now it's not there. BFG - are you issuing a fix, or do we have to start all over?
Thanks,
Carolyn

Hi everyone,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing these same troubles with the fourth fresco piece. If you haven't already, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to see if that helps.

If not, a number of people have indicated that starting over with a new player profile seems to do the trick.

If that doesn't help either, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we have about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better!

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/22/2011 at 3:33:29 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 22, 11 1:54 PM
kyaljoe wrote:keep getting the same error message as everyone else and the game keeps closing down...

Hi kyaljoe,

If the message that you're getting is an 'Access Violation' error message, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Access Violation

If that doesn't help, please follow the steps in my previous post to contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

pigqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pigqueen on Nov 22, 11 3:46 PM
I, too, can't get the fourth fresco piece. So let me get this straight.....the only way to fix this is to uninstall, lose the game I have been playing for several hours now and re-install? How about we get our money back?????

Pigqueen is not pleased!!

pigqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pigqueen on Nov 22, 11 3:57 PM
O.K. Now I'm really not happy. Uninstalled game and now it won't reinstall. Not nice, BFG!

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Nov 23, 11 7:21 AM
halfway thru game it started pausing between scenes and then it just started getting frustratinly slow and freezing on me. it really got me angry and i gave up on it. it worked just great when i tried it and bought it. very sad.hopefuly it will get fixed.

lucyfar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lucyfar on Nov 23, 11 7:53 AM
Krissy41 wrote:I just got into the Manor and now I can't pick up (move) the pillow, the candelabra or the picture...And I can't exit the Manor at all...is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
yes same problem here

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Nov 24, 11 9:12 AM
I was receiving an error message of Access Violation 0x0048ABC9 (tried to read from 0x0000000C), program terminated. Also got Access Violation at 0x100D5419 (tried to read from 0x0000000C) program terminated. I could not figure out what all that meant at first. Then I noticed that these messages only appeared when I closed out of the game using the Main Menu. What I did seemed to work. Early into the game, I clicked the Windows icon button and saw that there wasn't an error message. I played for about 30 minutes and, instead of ending the game through the Main Menu option, I clicked the Windows icon, right clicked on the game title and closed the program. That worked for me. Granted, I'm no computer wizard but it did work. I hope this helps some of you,. If I didn't make any sense, I'm sorry. Personally, I think the problem is with the Main Menu options.

I hope that all you wonderful people have a fantastic Thanksgiving. Please don't be too harsh with me about my inability to explain my solution more intelligently.

overthehill60

[Post New]by NorwegianWood on Nov 24, 11 11:11 AM
I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the game, as suggested by BF. As suspected, that didn't help at all. Still can't access the fourth fresco piece at the snake column. Yes, I am aware that I can start over with a new profile and do things in the right order next time, but should that really be necessary ? This is a collector's edition, which we pay not so little money for...I would expect an update from the devs, as I am certainly not the only player with this problem. And what about those who purchase the game in the future, without knowing about this bug ?

I am sorry to say that I am not a happy customer at the moment....love the game and want to finish it !

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 24, 11 2:26 PM
NorwegianWood wrote:I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the game, as suggested by BF. As suspected, that didn't help at all. Still can't access the fourth fresco piece at the snake column. Yes, I am aware that I can start over with a new profile and do things in the right order next time, but should that really be necessary ? This is a collector's edition, which we pay not so little money for...I would expect an update from the devs, as I am certainly not the only player with this problem. And what about those who purchase the game in the future, without knowing about this bug ?

I am sorry to say that I am not a happy customer at the moment....love the game and want to finish it !
I'm sorry, but, yes, you will have to start over with a new profile if you caught the snake before getting that one fresco piece.

mummac
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by mummac on Nov 24, 11 5:37 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:In the thread titled "is it a bug or what else? possible spoiler", cjdj99 wrote:

cjdj99 wrote:
NorwegianWood wrote:Me too.....I realized that I should have had four pieces of the fresco when I had only two.Checked with the SG, and was able to go back and pick up the one in the mine. I am pretty sure that it was the piece on the serpent column I missed, can't remember doing anything else there besides picking up the snake....but the column is not clickable ! Help......!

There is a bug. I found out the hard way that if you don't pick up the fresco piece on the pillar before getting the snake you will not be able to go back and get it. Took me forever to figure it out and had to start over with a new game to finally get it.

I find myself in the same position. Having picked up every fresco piece I could find, I wondered why I only had 3 of 4 pieces, and therefore could not add the found objects to the fresco.

Now that I am on chapter 4, where the fresco piece with all ingredients is needed in the Lab, I cannot continue with the game. I have been back to all 4 locations, and there is not any final fresco piece to be found and picked up, nor are any of the 4 locations clickable.

It's quite possible, as cjdj99 said, that I captured the snake before trying to pick up that fresco piece at the stone pillar in the woods. I've been playing for 5 hours now and still have 2 chapters to go, (and loving it, btw - superb game), but am dismayed to think that I might have to start over!

BFG and devs, is this a bug/glitch?

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Eeyore45399 on Nov 24, 11 9:52 PM
kittyclaw1980 wrote:
I've got a problem, in the game at some point you must search the maid's room, for the bellows (to turn the silver bar liquid) and then you must look for a tusk. the problem is, there is absolutely no tusk to find, the hint shows where it's supposed to be, but that place is empty! I've looked also in the strategy guide, and the place the hint shows it's circle, is indeed the place where according to the guide the tusk must be. I've tried to click every millimetre in that spot, but I come out empty handed, also I've tried to restart the game, (and also the computer) and still, nothing! so do you know a solution to this problem?

I've got the same problem as kittyclaw. I'm in Chapter 5 on the HOS in Maid's Room, and there is no Tusk. The strategy guide clearly shows the Tusk (in chapter 5 page 2) just to the right of the Taj Mahal, but the tusk does not exist in my HOS. I'm at a standstill and game over for me now (unable to progress).

[Post New]by EmilyB1955 on Nov 27, 11 3:22 PM
Starting over is the only way to get the fourth fresco piece? This is the third time I've had a game problem like this. We pay money for these games, especially the collector's edition.

They can't issue a fix?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 27, 11 3:34 PM
EmilyB1955 wrote:Starting over is the only way to get the fourth fresco piece? This is the third time I've had a game problem like this. We pay money for these games, especially the collector's edition.

They can't issue a fix?
I'm sorry Emily, but until we hear something from BFG, that's all we can do for now. I've encouraged everyone to send a technical report to Customer Service via the Green Envelope on the right side of this page. I have done that myself, and was told my message would be forwarded. Now it's up to the developer of the game (not BFG) to provide a fix. All we can do is wait and hope that they do decide to provide a new version. I wasn't willing to wait and I started over. In fact, I enjoyed the game so much that I played a third time, and fully plan to play a 4th time. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

suesay
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suesay on Nov 29, 11 12:24 PM
For what it's worth, I had the same problem with the fourth piece of the fresco so I uninstalled and reinstalled. I went back to the pillar and it let me zoom in on it and retreive the last piece.

[Post New]by myndswpt on Nov 30, 11 6:28 PM
hookedonHOG wrote:I have played for about 20 minutes and it keeps exiting out of the game i am able to get back in but this has done this about every 2 to 3 minutes and its getting to be a pain

Have you found a fix for this problem?? I too, am having this happening on this game.

[Post New]by NorwegianWood on Dec 1, 11 11:57 AM
I downloaded the new and updated version of the game, and was finally able to pick up the fourth, missing fresco piece. Finished the game without any further problems. Thank you for fixing at least my problem, I am again a happy customer !

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Dec 4, 11 9:00 PM
i am also having a problem, whenever i exit the game i get a black screen too ant i have to hit the ctrl and enter buttons to get out of the black screen, is anyone else having this problem, guess i will go to CS and see what's going on

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Dec 12, 11 10:58 PM
No major technical problems, but a couple of glitches: In the mine h-o scene, the fire extinguisher is invisible. Yes, invisible; when I asked for a hint, it zoomed in on empty space, and when I clicked it, the fire extinguisher became visible. That's a mite too hidden-object for me. Also, the game in the floor of Stella's room has some kind of glitch. I completed it exactly according to what was in the strategy guide, but it seemed to think something was still wrong. When I hit "skip", it didn't even change anything around.

Also, the animation of the waterfall is glitchy as hell. That or someone got lazy while coding it. It's basically layers of transparent rectangles with a water pattern falling at different rates. Not exactly up to the standard of the rest of the game.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kgustavson on Dec 13, 11 12:05 PM
BearKat wrote:Just FYI to tech support for this game:
I had no problems with either the d/l or the gameplay, so imagine my surprise when I exited the game to get the following error message accompanied by the dreaded black screen:
"Error: Access violation at 0x100D5419 (tried to read from 0x0000000C) program terminated".
This happened both times I exited the game. After the first time, which I thought might be a fluke, the game opened just fine and I played another 15 or so minutes before closing only to have the identical results. I am running XP on a HP desktop and this is a first for me. I have had games stop on me while playing with an error message, but not upon exiting!
BK

I have this same problem - doesn't seem to affect the game at all but it sure is annoying!

Go to: