Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Vatican: The Holy Lance

[Post New]by Tink44 on Nov 22, 11 11:52 AM
Too many buttons and instructions for games - why not right click to rotate pictures in puzzles? Why do we have to have the inevitable arachnids. I absolutely hate them so came out of the game.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Nov 22, 11 2:45 PM
Sadly yes although I did get past the newspaper bit (see technical thread!)
somehow the game is just.....boring
and I lost the will to live by the time I got to reassembling the manuscript in the library

as if it's made by a team with no sense of fun or humour. It's a GAME

and the puzzle instructions are too complicated, although if you are on the slidey icon you can do a lot of sliding and then change to the flip icon, (or vice versa) you don;t have to click the icon for each pice you want to move

Message for hippiefishie......you were asking about a similar game..
I recommend Book of Legends...the first section is a bit tricky I found but if you get past that (use the forum to help you) it is really good with loads of locations to visit.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4402/book-of-legends/index.html

Edited on 11/22/2011 at 2:46:20 PM PST

[Post New]by Cliffordsatpr on Nov 22, 11 4:00 PM
Piece of crap like the other ones lately. Can't even get through the first part without it quiting. I'm done with these lousy games. Bad enough they are running the same ones over and over.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 22, 11 6:43 PM
CalifDreaming wrote:I liked this game even though quite a few fishies do not like this dev.
The music is in the background & for me soothing, not intrusive.
The scenes are bright & the story is what draws me into a game, not the bells & whistles.
This story does not have an insane doctor or scientist. No haunted hospitals, mansions, or cemeteries. No vampires or ghosts.
This game & story is a change from the norm.
If you've never tried this dev. before, D/L the game & try it for yourself.
Thank you
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
P.S. please add more icons for us, maybe a Turkey & Christmas Tree of Wreath?

I agree... so, fellow fishies, don't let all the negatives prejudice you to not try this one with an open mind.... it's well worth giving it a go!!!

I really enjoyed this game as a nice change of pace (I enjoy most genres) and surprised others find it difficult &/or boring, etc etc.

This game ran beautifully on my computer, bright, clear graphics, pleasant music, challenging if not a bit easy puzzles, quality and interesting storyline with a bit of history, etc. To top it off, it was unique and not the same old "stuff".

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 23, 11 7:55 AM
Alas, HdO... No thanks.

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Nov 25, 11 8:51 PM
hannah57 wrote:I don't like this game because the objects are too small and it seems thats all you do throughout the game.

I agree with hannah57. It also felt like an old game. I don't enjoy straight hidden object games; very boring. Also the scenes move around and it makes me dizzy. No buy for me.

Edited on 11/25/2011 at 8:55:46 PM PST

Loren55
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Loren55 on Nov 30, 11 12:36 AM
I really do try not to post a negative review, but . . . I downloaded the demo and played for an hour, and was reminded of several other games quite like it, where somewhat stereotypical characters slid in and out from the sides of the screen as they spoke, there was an unnecessarily complicated button system, many of the items in the hidden object scenes were horrendously small—and my eyesight is just fine!—and there was excessive hand-holding.

The gameplay was like driving an automobile with square wheels. There was nothing fun about this game (even the most educational of games can be made fun). If the company that made this game isn't out of business fairly soon, I'll be surprised. There's no way I will buy this game.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Dec 8, 11 2:36 PM
The last two games HdO games that are on BFG have been out for at least a year if not longer. I've played at least 3 HdO games just out of curiosity, plus, I'm a sucker for punishment...LOL

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 7, 12 11:43 AM
AS usual Great graphics and lousy game play. I wish these developers would learn from their mistakes. Love the premis hate the game.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 7, 12 11:50 AM
(Based on the demo): I like this game. I don't think it's clunky or boring. I played the entire demo without stopping and that is rare for me. I still have six hints and I have managed to find most of the items in the HOS without any problem. In fact, I really wish that other devs would allow us to focus in and scroll around on an HOS. I really like that feature. I've also noticed that this older game has some HOS in which objects are identified by shape alone and that, to me, is a precursor to FROGS (which I like very much).

The story is interesting and the protagonist is like-able.

As to nobody buying these games - this is the second one I have demoed in two days and I am purchasing them both. I've noticed that most Pop Cap games are almost identical but I don't see many poor reviews on those. Yet those games are simply HOS after HOS. In those games you are rewarded for finding peace signs or spin tops. In this game you are rewarded for finding stars.

A few days ago I suffered through a game that received many excellent reviews. The game is horrendous IMHO; boring, dreary, does not live up to its name or description, and I played it only to get it over with because I had paid for it.

I am enjoying the HdO games. I guess different people like different games and that is fine. If we all liked the same things we would be very boring.

Happy gaming, fishies!

Go to: