Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by Akela16 on Jan 11, 12 4:49 PM
I'm playing on an iMac 22.5 running OS X

Everything worked great for me ... the only thing that happened was when I changed from one scene to another the screen sometimes went completely black but after a few moments the correct screen came on. The iMac is a super fast computer ... so I can't understand why the game has these long mysterious pauses. Other players have complained about black screens .... perhaps they didn't wait long enough for the scene to change.

This was a super game.

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by TracyMarsh on Jan 16, 12 10:16 PM
judygoodfellow wrote:I'm having trouble at the Spider Gate. I placed the yellow rune, moved it around a bit and then went to the walkthrough. When I came back and tried to put the rune back into its correct starting position, the whole faceplate fell off and I'm left with a spider shaped hole. Is this meant to happen?

I am having the same problem with the spider gate peice falling to the ground and now I can't go further in the game. It has wasted my entire experience. It has been a very difficult game all through it.

[Post New]by gma_jo on Jan 23, 12 8:04 AM
I seldom have a problem downloading any game, but this game opens half way to the left of my screen leaving the right half black. The part showing doesn't give me an option to close so I have to CAD and restart my computer. After the first time I deleted the game and started over. Same thing.

[Post New]by gma_jo on Jan 23, 12 8:09 AM
OOPS! My previous post about the half screen was meant for another game. Please ignore it. So sorry!

Munch126
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Munch126 on Jan 23, 12 3:56 PM
When I exit the game I get an error message from Windows that ends up blacking out one side of my screen when it closes. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but hasn't worked. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Jan 23, 12 6:46 PM
Very disheartening. I tried five times to enter my name and all five times the game shut itself down. I'm running Windows 7, BTW.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 6:47:31 PM PST

usaflno
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by usaflno on Feb 1, 12 6:52 PM
I am having a chronic problem, but I only see one other post for this issue. When moving from room to room, the room I move into will be all black. The surrounding items (inventory, hint, etc) appear but cannot be used. I have to back out of the game and restart it again. This generally takes me to the area I needed, but lately even that is not working.

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Profile corrupted

[Post New]by cherbando on Feb 2, 12 3:07 PM
I have not seen this problem before. I played half the game with no errors or issues. I was enjoying the game. Then I got the error, " Profile Corrupted " and I had to enter a profile name again. I had to start the game over and all I did before was lost. The second time the same thing happened. Has anyone else seen this?

[Post New]by TheNewNumber2 on Feb 3, 12 11:58 PM
usaflno wrote:I am having a chronic problem, but I only see one other post for this issue. When moving from room to room, the room I move into will be all black. The surrounding items (inventory, hint, etc) appear but cannot be used. I have to back out of the game and restart it again. This generally takes me to the area I needed, but lately even that is not working.

I am also having this problem. The inventory case won't open, the hint does nothing, the cursor does not change to show where I can navigate (and hopefully get into a space that actually shows up), and even the Menu doesn't work. The only thing that works is the flashlight, but it shows nothing. All I can do is hit Alt-Tab to get back to my windows desktop or to another application (such as this forum page), then right-click the game in my taskbar and close it. When I open the game again, I can see the room that I was in, but the moment I move out of it the screen goes black again. At this point the game is simply unplayable.

[Post New]by Emma2202 on Feb 12, 12 5:20 AM
I'm having issues with one of the mini games when I click on one of the hidden items it doesn't take it of the list and I've found that most of them can be collected by clicking on other things but I can't get the 8 and it the only one left and I can't progress with finishing it

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on Mar 16, 12 10:12 AM
I am also having problems with the spider gate. I have seen where almost everyone is having the same problem but have not seen where Tech support has given us the answer to the problem. Has anyone figured out what to do yet???????

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 16, 12 12:37 PM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing the same troubles with the spider gate. If you haven't already, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well with issues like this, but keep in mind that doing this will require you to start over from the beginning.

If that doesn't help either, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we can gather about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better!

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by wellychocolate on May 26, 12 2:15 AM
bratzgram wrote:The same thing happened with this that happened in the CE for me. When I tried to move from room to room the room would be all black. I would still have all the surrounding things like inventory and hint but I have to back out of the game and push play again to get the area I needed.

Would have really liked to play this but there have been a few lately that just don't work for me

[Post New]by wellychocolate on May 26, 12 2:17 AM
exaclty the same, get as far as the doorway with th birds on top, in the hall facing it, go into the room on the right go to the window, and the screen goes black no hints torch works but no puzzle

dee127
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by dee127 on May 27, 12 1:54 PM
Emma2202 wrote:I'm having issues with one of the mini games when I click on one of the hidden items it doesn't take it of the list and I've found that most of them can be collected by clicking on other things but I can't get the 8 and it the only one left and I can't progress with finishing it

I'm having same problem with HO in Dr's office. When I click on toothbrush, it will not take it off, and does nothing when I click on the cup.
Clue is "toothbrush x 2". I clicked one, and it disappeared. I clicked on the second one, and the first one reappeared then disappeared while the second one did nothing !!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 5, 12 5:20 PM
Hmmmm...bought this game several months ago and had problems. Uninstalled it then reinstalled it a few days ago. Still cannot play it. Sigh....it could be such a good game...heading off to Customer Support for a replacement unless a "fix" has been made.

druh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by druh on Jul 27, 12 3:40 PM
did the trial and liked it so bought the game. installed a second time supposedly for additional files. worked fine until then. got error code 251600 which does not appear in "help pages"! so uninstalled and reinstalled 24 hours later. now instead of just white boxes, the whole entire game screen is white and nothing is visible. therefore i can't play the game which really ticks me off. what did i pay for? A junk file?

[Post New]by blf123147 on Sep 22, 12 11:12 PM
I'm having trouble at the spider gate--I can't place the puzzle piece so therefore I can't go any further in the game. Please can anyone help me!

[Post New]by sugarbabe2 on Nov 26, 12 6:44 PM
maxmarjo wrote:I am having the same problem as most with the Spider Gate. When you move the second rune around the entire 3-prong device falls off and there is no Key 2 to find. I'm stuck also and would like to move forward. Can someone possibly tell me how I'm supposed to do that when Key 2 is no where to be found?

I'm having the same problem with the Spider Gate. I have changed profiles and started over and that hasn't helped. I'm also having a problem with the carpet, can't move it, and having a problem with the screen going black when going from one room to another.

Oh, I can't end the game, short cut stays at the bottom of my PC. You can't start another game because you get a message saying, another game is running. That's because I can't end this game.

Can someone please help me with these problems? I have never had so many problems with a game before.

[Post New]by BonnieBlue102 on Dec 30, 12 6:36 PM
jackryan wrote:Unable to play due to the constant white boxes where I think instructions should be !

Me too and I've asked for a refund. I hope the glitches are worked out. I love the Strange Cases games but this one is driving me nuts!

Go to: