Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Angel369 on Nov 23, 11 5:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving ..may you have a day filled with happiness...
Sadly not for me though..been waiting for this game for sooooo long ...it downloaded quickly and I was poised at the buy button..when my computer shouted at me that it didn't support the running of the game
I'm afraid I'm not technically minded and so am looking for some help which I can understand which will let me play this great offering..
I'm really useless at technical talk and will need my hand held to make any sense I'm afraid...Hope there's a helpful little fish swimming buy to save me from drowning in 'teckie talk'...I just download, pay and play...sorry but that's just me

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 23, 11 5:50 AM
I can't play the demo due to extremely jerky video, I cannot control the cursor and to top that all off, I can barely read the print because it is all grainy and scrunched up. My PC is less than a year old and exceeds all of the required specs listed. Any suggestions? It would be nice to at least give the game a try.

ETA: Thank you, thank bfgHondo! You were right in your post later in this thread when you suggested we check for graphic driver updates. Even though I just updated recently, there was another one and the game runs fine now. Hooray.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 10:42:28 AM PST

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by NorthernExpress on Nov 23, 11 5:54 AM
Well I found a workaround for my issue - I purchased enough credits to use for the game and was able to use them to buy the game instead. So it's downloading now. Still no idea why it wouldn't allow me to purchase it!

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Nov 23, 11 6:08 AM
Waited for ever for another Ravenhearst game. Loaded it fine but then found my graphics device doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Does that mean I have to buy a new one cus that sounds like big money if I have to get someone to install it too. Don't even know where to start to get one let alone install.
Totally fed up as I was going to splash out on the Collector's edition. Hope there won't be too many of these.

[Post New]by magpie1323 on Nov 23, 11 6:14 AM
I was asked to beta test this game and was so excited. The beta testing went horrible and couldn't even play the game. When I saw that it was released I was so excited that what ever issues there were had been fixed. Not the case. My system is up to par with the requirements and I can't get past the first scene in the car. It freezes so bad that I have to manually reboot my computer. I love MCF more than any other game and I can't play it. If this is the direction that games will be going in the future my 7 year long tenure with Big Fish will sadly come to an end.

[Post New]by alicekramden on Nov 23, 11 6:23 AM
Well, it downloaded fine, but cannot open it. Get an error message that states unsupported display device....not happy!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 23, 11 6:26 AM
shagwendy wrote:
shagwendy wrote:I have error 766 installation failed. I'm trying to uninstall from GM and it seems to be caught in a loop. When I tryed to install through my pc it doesn't show the game to be on it. Vista 32 bit. I don't ever have a problem...aargh
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tried restarting pc, Now I get...Game Manager application has stopped working...WT? I'm uninstalling GM and will try again.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThat didn't work...Intel pentium dual core e5200 processor each core operates at 2.50 GHz...2Mb l2 cache and 800MHz fsb ... 4 gb ddr2 memory
I now have my GM working alright, it just won't install this game. I just did a beta for a game, that one downloaded and installed just fine, so it's only this one I have a problem with....at least I had a game to demo, but it wasn't the one I wanted. I've tried Firefox and IE still get the same error 766.

lizac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lizac on Nov 23, 11 6:29 AM
Very slow, grainy text. Basically same problems as others. Have the matches from the inventory stuck on my screen and they won't move. They are in the inventory as well. Soo disappointed. Have stopped playing don't know if I am going to bother to go back to it. My machine is a up to the minute gaming machine not even 3 months old so should have no problems. Tried changing from HD, changing cursor all to no avail.

LuckyLin1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyLin1 on Nov 23, 11 6:31 AM
I play on another site that went to 3D, more intense graphics, etc. Lots of problems arose--some people didn't have the computer for it; others did and just needed some adjustments. I'm no techie here, so I'll just offer a thought or two.. I see several people are running Vista 32 bit. One question perhaps the techs could answer is does this game need 64 bit. Your graphics card will also be an issue. The techs should be able to tell us the minimum graphics card and dedicated RAM/graphics memory required to run this program smoothly. I have Nvidia and love it but my laptop is 3 years old, has 4 gig Ram and large hard drive, dual core Intel and with all of the kinks out of this game, I'd wonder how it would run. My computer repair person said I needed to remove some software/games from my computer. Also, if you have a virus program that runs in the background as I do, it can lessen your speed. I am not suggesting turning it off though--just explaining the effect. Overall, sounds to me like they have some "bugs" to work out but they are also going to have to tell us more about minimum we need on our computers to run this program effectively. Players may be able to share their "success" stories and tell us what DOES work. That would be great--until then, this fishie is on the beach. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by mcguind on Nov 23, 11 6:33 AM
I downloaded the trial with fingers crossed that it would work. I was delighted that the trailer looked great and so did the start page. However I was gutted to get a black screen when I pressed the Play button. I couldn't Ctrl Alt Dlte and had to manually close down my computer. I'm so disappointed.
Edited to add...the music kept running even though the screen went black.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 6:36:11 AM PST

[Post New]by HOTTENTOTVENUS on Nov 23, 11 6:36 AM
VERY DISAPPOINTED SO FAR! When I installed the demo, I was told my that time had expired?!?! I then changed browsers (I use Firefox - changed to Explorer) and then I was able to start the demo.

Something is wrong with the resolution of the game. I can barely see the strategy guide and the options to adjust it don't work!!! Don't think I'm going to bother with the rest of the demo until there are some 'fixes' available. Too sluggish and grainy. This is game is NO WHERE NEAR the quality of the 13th Skull MCF game. What happened? I am a bit disappointed because it seems that not enough time was taken with the evolution of this game.

muse05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by muse05 on Nov 23, 11 6:43 AM
Is there any way to make the game fit my screen ? I have a wide screen and I can't see the locket. I didn't have this problem when I tested the game.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 23, 11 6:46 AM
i have an old updated windows XP 32 bits and with some work on screen resolution i was able to play the demo;my graphic card has 512 of memory but i think that it is the software of my screen(22' LG wide)whic has some problem with this game
please devs,technically,many of your customers can't buy new computer for each game you do,so .....think about when changing engine!and test with old computers!

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Nov 23, 11 6:46 AM
LuckyLin1 wrote:I play on another site that went to 3D, more intense graphics, etc. Lots of problems arose--some people didn't have the computer for it; others did and just needed some adjustments. I'm no techie here, so I'll just offer a thought or two.. I see several people are running Vista 32 bit. One question perhaps the techs could answer is does this game need 64 bit. Your graphics card will also be an issue. The techs should be able to tell us the minimum graphics card and dedicated RAM/graphics memory required to run this program smoothly. I have Nvidia and love it but my laptop is 3 years old, has 4 gig Ram and large hard drive, dual core Intel and with all of the kinks out of this game, I'd wonder how it would run. My computer repair person said I needed to remove some software/games from my computer. Also, if you have a virus program that runs in the background as I do, it can lessen your speed. I am not suggesting turning it off though--just explaining the effect. Overall, sounds to me like they have some "bugs" to work out but they are also going to have to tell us more about minimum we need on our computers to run this program effectively. Players may be able to share their "success" stories and tell us what DOES work. That would be great--until then, this fishie is on the beach. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

While I was downloading the game I was very concerned because I want to play it on my not very fancy laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7 32 bit, dual core 2.1 GHz, 4GB ram with an onboard graphics card.

The game plays perfectly with no issues whatsoever.

trifle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by trifle on Nov 23, 11 6:58 AM
I downloaded the game fine but got no screen at all when I tried to play it. Just the outline of a screen but it still shows my desktop. I needed the task manager to close the game.
I did not see the warnings until after I purchased the game and came onto the forums to find out what was up.
I think the warnings for the system requirements when they are unusual requirements should be at the top and even on the cart page before you purchase. A warning next to the title in the cart letting you know there might be unusual requirements.
I just clicked buy, and didn't see the full description. I have the other games and just didn't think to read about it. Never even occured to me there would be extra requirements.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Nov 23, 11 6:58 AM
Bought the game based upon how much my family has loved all of the previous MCF (including the first Huntsville), but after buying and downloading, all we're getting is a blank screen. We've updated our Direct X, but still nothing. C'mon, Big Fish! MCF is our new Thanksgiving tradition, and we can't play it.

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Nov 23, 11 6:58 AM
this game has so many problems it's not worth even trying. I have game paused in the middle of my screen even tho i am playing it. What a huge dissapointmet!!! No Thanks for this thanksgiving when it comes to this game.

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

[Post New]by heartless500 on Nov 23, 11 7:03 AM
I am very sorry to see so many posts in this thread. . .

altho I am no "techie" by any means - I have to wonder if a lot of the grainy/slow/jerky graphics issues arent related to a graphics card not having enough "onboard" dedicated memory??

sure, you may have more than enough system memory, but dedicated graphics memory is different. it is integrated into the graphics card and is JUST for graphics processing - nothing else.

Sad to say it, but an awful lot of "new" machines still only have 64MB of dedicated graphics memory (we have a "new" Toshiba laptop like this) and that just is not going to be enough to run a lot of the game offerings these days. (most are going to recommend at least 128Mb minimum)

I just recently did a big hardware upgrade to my pc and made darn sure my new graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5670) had GOBS of dedicated graphics memory - 512MB - which is more than enough to run most casual games, and should continue to be enough for a long time to come.

I still run Windows XP Pro, SP3, with DX 9.0c, and this particular game runs flawlessly for me - i attribute that to having the high dedicated memory for the graphics. (by the way - this card only cost me $72 - it is not the fastest, most recent offering out there - those can run into the hundreds of dollars - but it is plenty for my purposes)

I am not implying that this is the issue for everyone that is experiencing problems, just offering my point of view and a possible explanation...
I sincerely hope that the problems being experienced get sorted out for everyone!

ps: anyone that would like more info on where to get a newer card - send me a pm!

[Post New]by JosetDupre on Nov 23, 11 7:07 AM
I have a powerful computer and this game is sluggish to the point that you have to wait for the cursor to reappear before moving on. I stopped playing after just a few minutes as the game play did not improve. I hope there is a way to improve the movement. I've waited for this game for some time, was looking forward to the third installment. I guess I will wait for help as well.

[Post New]by essizfa on Nov 23, 11 7:08 AM
I downloaded the trial version of this game using Opera, it downloaded reasonably fast and installed without any problems. It took a couple of attempts to get the game to run but once it started it seemed to be fine, perhaps a bit jumpy as my cpu is 1.6GHz as opposed to 1.8Ghz. However, I hadn't even got through the first dialogue before I got a 'trial expired - buy now' message. I hadn't been playing the game for more than 5 minutes!
As advised, I uninstalled the trial and downloaded it using Internet Explorer. When I opened the Game Manager, it still states 'trial expired'.
I love the MCF games and have bought every one so far. and would have bought this one. I trialled it first due to having a technical issue with a game I'd bought a couple of months ago not running on my laptop.
I have a 3month old Hewlett Packard laptop running Windows 7 - 64 bit, 4 GB ram with as I said a 1.6GHz CPU, AMD Athlon 6310 HD graphics card.
I won't be buying this game without being able to trial it first. Suggestions welcome.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 7:33:10 AM PST

Go to: