Re:Regarding the Mac Release for Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by mcfjunkie38 on Nov 27, 11 3:39 PM
Solice,

Any news? We're all anxiously awaiting an update on this situation; good or bad..

~A Faithful BFG Mac User

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Nov 27, 11 11:20 PM
ZazuGirl wrote:Just wanted to say I don't think there is any reason to be angry that the MAC version is later than the PC version of the game. They almost always are, that is just the way things roll.
My friends and I are excited for the MAC version to arrive, but I am certainly not going to get upset if it doesn't happen at the same time as the PC. I don't feel like I was misled or lied to, or tricked in any way.

Life has enough real things to get angry about, a game isn't one of them.

I wasn't upset that the Mac version is going to be later than the PC. I can wait as I usually do for games...but just let me know that it won't be a dual release. It was that I was informed by BF on FB that it would be a dual release and then right before the release it wasn't going to be. Yeah, I felt lied to and I feel I have the right to feel that way. And I was also annoyed at some PC users who in the predictions chat room fobbed me off as a disenchanted Mac user. And while you say it is "just a game" that is true but it's not about the product it's about the customer service.

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Nov 27, 11 11:32 PM
MysteryCaseBob wrote:Macs may have been round for years, all your friends may have them and the Apple stores may appear busy but the simple fact it that you - as a Mac user - are in a minority, and a small one at that. I recall the worldwide OS market share is about 80% Windows and less than 10% for Mac, and this shows no sign of changing anytime

Um. Mystery Case Bob. You also posted in "Comments for Mystery Case Files Escape from Ravenhearst" And based on reading your post you have played the game thus you have a PC and not a Mac? Why did you post in this forum? I know it's a free Country and all ...just curious as why?

Edited on 11/27/2011 at 11:36:55 PM PST

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on Nov 28, 11 2:47 AM
To those who feel that BFG may have lied to them about a dual release: Having worked in software development, I can tell you from my own experience that you can write a piece of software which looks and works wonderfully.... right up until 24 hours before the expected release, and then somebody finds a bug which always turns out to be huge (God forbid somebody should only find a small bug).

It could be that a dual release was planned and expected, and then. . . something went wrong. That happens, I've been there, and it's frustrating for everyone, but it does happen.

I understand some people are upset with BFG over this, and I understand why, but I'm betting there's a **** good reason the Mac release was delayed.

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,224 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Nov 28, 11 9:33 AM
vingilot wrote:
hrslvr_paints wrote:
With the great compatibility, why do you need Office if you're on a Mac?

Exactly! You don't need it. They upgraded us at work to Office 2008 about a year ago and I hate it. With each "improvement" Microsoft makes, it just get more and more complicated to use.

Plus, having Office again makes you vulnerable to viruses.

Amen to that one. Microsoft does not do well on the usability when they "upgrade" their programs...

LaComtesse
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by LaComtesse on Nov 28, 11 12:19 PM
...of course this is a wonderful time to replay all the other Ravenhearst games, until the Mac release of "Escape"...at least that way I FEEL productive....

twotrickponies
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by twotrickponies on Nov 29, 11 12:57 PM
just finished dire grove and noticed the portrait of charles over the stand in the hotel (going upstairs) - wondered if the older photos were of phineas and others.

what fun - i'm waiting for the mac release...

is it done yet?
is it done yet?
is it done yet?

[tapping toe impatiently...]

JUST got off with chat (and, no, no hints of release date yet) but can get all my pc games converted to mac without repurchasing them! YAY! something to keep me from going nuts (or, nuttier?)

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Regarding the Mac Release for Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Nov 29, 11 5:59 PM
Solice wrote:I wanted to take a moment to give you an explanation regarding the status of the Mac release.

In order to take Mystery Case Files to the next level, making it more immersive, intense, and engaging as possible, we had to build an entirely new engine. After that engine was created and the PC game was completed we were able to start rebuilding the game for Mac. Despite our hard work and intention to have both PC and Mac complete and ready to launch at the same time, that did not happen.

Please be assured, getting the game built and launched on Mac is our #1 priority right now. Unfortunately I do not currently have an estimated release date, as soon as we have information we can share we will let you know.

So any news yet Solice? Can you say if it will be before Christmas? Just very excited to get the game

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Nov 29, 11 6:03 PM
BTW while we wait... I just played Bluebeards Castle and it was a fun HOG game with interesting puzzles. I got it with a credit and it reminded me of some earlier MCF. And the graphics were not bad. Okay back to waiting .....when will it be out?

AmandaGator
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by AmandaGator on Nov 29, 11 10:21 PM
When when when when when?

While we did experience some pretty serious Thanksgiving disappointment, there's nothing like a Christmas/Hanukkah miracle to make us Mac fishies VERY forgiving.

HINT HINT

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Dec 2, 11 10:33 AM
Could we please get an update? There are about 3 other games I am ready to use my credits on..... especially the new Dark Parables! What to do.. what to do????

[Post New]by TheRinger92091 on Dec 6, 11 1:59 PM
I am a huuugee fan of all of the MCF games, and I've been a long-time lurker of all of the MCF forums, but I've never posted anything until now!

I never even knew about the dual release that was initially planned for EFR, but when I saw that it had come out, I immediately went to buy it. Then, of course, it told me that it was windows only, so I luckily didn't purchase it, but I was definitely disappointed.

Is there any way we'll find out a release date soon? I know that BFG has said that it's their #1 priority right now, but it's still kind of disappointing (and maybe a little pathetic) that I've been checking every day since to see if it's come out yet. I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone when I say that even the tiniest bit of info on the game's release would help!

(P.S. I was just wondering if anyone else was also bummed that the Malgrave Incident was only for Wii and never came out for us mac users?)

AmandaGator
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by AmandaGator on Dec 6, 11 3:59 PM
Hi Ringer,

We are all upset too. And waiting and waiting.

It would be nice to get an update or a time frame of some kind...

Solice? Anyone? Please?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 6, 11 8:46 PM
TheRinger92091 wrote:
(P.S. I was just wondering if anyone else was also bummed that the Malgrave Incident was only for Wii and never came out for us mac users?)

Malgrave Incident was ever only going to be for Wii. There are a couple of other MCF games that are not for PC/Mac. Personally, I don't care to pay that much money for a game.

As for checking the site every day - no need to do that. CEs are only released on Thursdays or Sundays.

[Post New]by TheRinger92091 on Dec 6, 11 10:03 PM
Oh! Wow, that was stupid of me Oops. Thanks, btw! I'll only check Thursdays and Sundays now *facepalm*

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 7, 11 6:25 PM
Not stupid at all. I personally would hope that BFG would release the Mac version on day it's finally ready for us. They did release it on Wednesday for PC after all. So, , if you're listening, if it's ready on Tuesday or Saturday, that's totally ok with us to get it on that day, no need to wait for Thursday or Sunday, ok?

Hm.... Should we start singing 1,000,000 bottles of beer on the wall? Cuz that "soon" is sure looking like "sooooooon" to me.

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Dec 7, 11 9:02 PM
Can you give us any clue. Please.

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Dec 9, 11 2:37 AM
Still waiting.

[Post New]by ruth1990 on Dec 10, 11 9:47 PM
Well that sucks, that it sounds like it won't be out for awhile. But oh well, guess I will find other games to amuse myself in the meantime.

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Dec 12, 11 2:52 PM
I had a thought. Ya know how there was this build up for Escape from Ravenhearst and thus it made an excitement for the game. How about for us Mac users could you give some of that excitement back? Create idk something where you can do a build up about the game for Mac players with like a count down to reveal for us. And/or clues so we can get excited about getting the game. Help us feel part of it??? Some kinda of way to make the us the poor cousin "Macs" feel at least some what included?

Go to: